A Passionate Rant, Slurpers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkyboy_21

#patriayvida
I’ve tried for years to make sense of the purgatorial state this program has been in, but I can’t. The thing that truly baffles me with this program is the apathetic, tone deaf, and shortsighted approach of our BOT and administrative higher ups who call the shots and offer financial support. Sure, we collect ACC checks, but it’s insane to think they’re ignoring how much it would benefit us to at least conduct business and something as basic as an informed, logical coaching search like, oh idk, how a real fvckin university with a legacy like ours should.

If we actually had people that cared, they would recognize just how much of a financial boon that, at the VERY LEAST, a competently ran football program would do not only for the university, but for the city in general. Anyone with half a brain and a basic knowledge of the school and the area know that football is king down here. When the Canes are taking care of business on Saturdays, this city becomes untouchable. We’re slowly starting to see that excitement build with the Fins getting their act together, but this city is dying to see some kind of life from this team on a consistent basis. History’s shown that at our best, people will rep this team like no other and the CITY as a whole benefits tremendously both culturally and financially. What do you think that does for the school?

Evidently, something’s not clicking. In my eyes, it’s such a simple recipe for success. Sure, in practice it may take time and effort, but that’s what you sign up for with a brand like the U. Yet the powers that be either just don’t understand, don’t care, or are simply clueless to the prospects of - and the gains that come with - the football program and the entire AD taking things serious again.

They’re slowly draining this fanbase dry of any enthusiasm. How many people here have already talked or at least thought about how miserable Saturday could be? ITS MICHIGAN FVCKIN STATE. Yes it’s not the glory days and we may never be back, but on talent alone there should be 0 doubt within the fanbase about what the result should be this weekend. And yet here we are, in the THIRD year of the Diaz era, making the same mistakes with poor execution and lack of focus, exhibiting the same signs that past failed regimes have shown. All stemming from a poor coach, who was inexplicably hired without a coaching search by a poor AD, whose boss simply doesn’t care enough about athletics, or our legacy and it’s impact on the nation and its favorite sport.

A lot of us watch no matter what, cause it’s all we know. We’re diehards and we bleed those iconic colors. But it’s become a chore to watch the team I love so much and care so dearly for. I hope for wins, but I wonder what good they’ll do for us in the long run if all that does is maintain the status quo. That’s a sad state of being y’all. I’m hurt Canes fam, don’t ask me if I’m alright!

Advertisement
I’ve tried for years to make sense of the purgatorial state this program has been in, but I can’t. The thing that truly baffles me with this program is the apathetic, tone deaf, and shortsighted approach of our BOT and administrative higher ups who call the shots and offer financial support. Sure, we collect ACC checks, but it’s insane to think they’re ignoring how much it would benefit us to at least conduct business and something as basic as an informed, logical coaching search like, oh idk, how a real fvckin university with a legacy like ours should.

If we actually had people that cared, they would recognize just how much of a financial boon that, at the VERY LEAST, a competently ran football program would do not only for the university, but for the city in general. Anyone with half a brain and a basic knowledge of the school and the area know that football is king down here. When the Canes are taking care of business on Saturdays, this city becomes untouchable. We’re slowly starting to see that excitement build with the Fins getting their act together, but this city is dying to see some kind of life from this team on a consistent basis. History’s shown that at our best, people will rep this team like no other and the CITY as a whole benefits tremendously both culturally and financially. What do you think that does for the school?

Evidently, something’s not clicking. In my eyes, it’s such a simple recipe for success. Sure, in practice it may take time and effort, but that’s what you sign up for with a brand like the U. Yet the powers that be either just don’t understand, don’t care, or are simply clueless to the prospects of - and the gains that come with - the football program and the entire AD taking things serious again.

They’re slowly draining this fanbase dry of any enthusiasm. How many people here have already talked or at least thought about how miserable Saturday could be? ITS MICHIGAN FVCKIN STATE. Yes it’s not the glory days and we may never be back, but on talent alone there should be 0 doubt within the fanbase about what the result should be this weekend. And yet here we are, in the THIRD year of the Diaz era, making the same mistakes with poor execution and lack of focus, exhibiting the same signs that past failed regimes have shown. All stemming from a poor coach, who was inexplicably hired without a coaching search by a poor AD, whose boss simply doesn’t care enough about athletics, or our legacy and it’s impact on the nation and its favorite sport.

A lot of us watch no matter what, cause it’s all we know. We’re diehards and we bleed those iconic colors. But it’s become a chore to watch the team I love so much and care so dearly for. I hope for wins, but I wonder what good they’ll do for us in the long run if all that does is maintain the status quo. That’s a sad state of being y’all. I’m hurt Canes fam, don’t ask me if I’m alright!
You do know Miami won the game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back