A Message from Al Golden

Pimp Tight

Thunderdome
First and foremost, I take full responsibility. It all starts with me. I'm still dealing with the recruits that the previous coaching staff left me.

No one told me that we would play Georgia Tech on October 4, 2014. I had no idea that they would pitch it to the pitch man. We never practiced that because no one ever told me that they would pitch it to the pitch man. Folks, Georgia Tech did not advised that they would pitch it to the pitch man. We are launching an investigation to accurately determine why they pitched it to the pitch man. We ask that you be patient why we ascertain why they pitched it to the pitch man. It is very important that we determine why they pitched it to the pitch man so that we can explain to our fans why they pitched it to the pitch man.

Regarding the defensive scheme: Our defensive scheme was not prepared for them to pitch it to the pitch man. Our defensive scheme is fine as long as we are advised that they will pitch it to the pitch man. Pitching to the pitch man defeats our defensive scheme if we are not advise of their intentions to pitch it to the pitch man before they pitch it to the pitch man. For example, during the game, Georgia Tech did not signal one time to myself or Mark D'Onofrio that they were going to pitch it to the pitch man before they pitched it to the pitch man. You see how difficult my job is. But I am NOT making any excuses.

Regarding time of possession: Georgia Tech's repeated pitching it to the pitch ban prevented our offense from playing more because of their continuous pitching to the pitch man. Again, since they did not advise that they would pitch it to the pitch man, our offense was deprived of playing time.

Yes, there were fans yelling, "they are going to pitch it to the pitch man." However, again, Georgia Tech never signaled to myself or Mark D'Onofrio that they would pitch it to the pitch man.

Folks, I believe in honesty. Georgia Tech failed us.

Again, an investigation is underway.

Sincerely,

Alfred Golden

Advertisement
Ummm... Errr... "Al," you failed to mention the ability of the defense to stop that underhanded bit of "trickeration" known as the "dive play." Isn't it true that Georgia Tech has never before used any form of offensive subterfuge that could be generalized as running straight ahead?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back