a little info on the Jacksonville boys....

deerob305

Junior
* Had a conversation with a Prominent coach in Jacksonville area ( my father lives there)...cant reveal the name cause this is off record .. I wont speak on Quarterman cause his father posts here so I have no info on him...

* Says we have a good shot at Ben Edwards, he is a beast...

* unsure about DT Norton was a heavy Florida lean but no longer the case..either OOS or Miami for him...

* 2016 Pinckney is solid and will be a surprise for us at LB..

*Here's something interesting. .... We hada Good shot at CB Kevin Toliver before he committed to LSU in 10th grade..... Ed Reed and Andrew Bain saw him first at the Deion Sanders camp in Texas and were tryin to get him to the U, but it didnt work.... Sanctions scared him off and he didnt like Coach Golden more than other coaches, but loved Coach Barrow. ... no specific reason for him not liking Golden... He liked more of Coach Miles.....
* Also told Toliver was training with Jacksonville WR Cecil Shorts over the summer and when they went one on one, Kid was jamming Shorts into the dirt and abusing him..... Guy tells me He recorded it but Shorts asked him to delete it cause he didnt want them to see he got handled by a High School kid..lol....

Just a tiny tidbit nothing major...

Advertisement
* Had a conversation with a Prominent coach in Jacksonville area ( my father lives there)...cant reveal the name cause this is off record .. I wont speak on Quarterman cause his father posts here so I have no info on him...

* Says we have a good shot at Ben Edwards, he is a beast...

* unsure about DT Norton was a heavy Florida lean but no longer the case..either OOS or Miami for him...

* 2016 Pinckney is solid and will be a surprise for us at LB..

*Here's something interesting. .... We hada Good shot at CB Kevin Toliver before he committed to LSU in 10th grade..... Ed Reed and Andrew Bain saw him first at the Deion Sanders camp in Texas and were tryin to get him to the U, but it didnt work.... Sanctions scared him off and he didnt like Coach Golden more than other coaches, but loved Coach Barrow. ... no specific reason for him not liking Golden... He liked more of Coach Miles.....
* Also told Toliver was training with Jacksonville WR Cecil Shorts over the summer and when they went one on one, Kid was jamming Shorts into the dirt and abusing him..... Guy tells me He recorded it but Shorts asked him to delete it cause he didnt want them to see he got handled by a High School kid..lol....

Just a tiny tidbit nothing major...

Ben Edwards would be huge. Need a hitter like him in the back end. Thought Carter might be it but he has been more bark than bite at this point.

Watching Edwards actually reminds me some of Reggie Northrup, who was a ******* BEAST and would be the heir apparent to Denzel if he had kept his commitment. Not saying Edwards is a linebacker, but he hits like one.

UM needsNT Kendrick Norton to be in this 2015 class and UM is the best fit for his skill set at NT.

Go Canes

Think Edwards is a Stanford Lean but of we keep up some good performances. We may be in it until the end.Norton I think will go OOS. He doesn't believe in Miami. Watch a few highlights on Pickney and we got a steal. He showed out at the rivals camped this summer as well. Quaterman and Pickney is a heck of a start for 2016 class.

thanks for the update, OP!

a package of Norton/Edwards would be a HUGE pickup for the '15 class on the defensive side

Advertisement
Can't remember the last time we successfully recruited a player from Jacksonville if they had an offer from Florida or FSU.

a package of Norton/Edwards would be a HUGE pickup for the '15 class on the defensive side

Norton seems like the bandwagon type. If we end the season on a hot streak we might be able to peak his interest again. But in an interview I read of his, he was really down on the fact that we werent having a good season.

If im a CB, why wouldnt I go to LSU? Look at how they developed Rashard Robinson in just two years. Dude is going to be a preseason All American next year. Hate to keep bringing this up but could you imagine what they would have done with Artie and Jamal if they had went there? Smh. Paul Williams needs to go...No excuse for Robinson to look the way he does and for Artie to look so inconsistant.

We need all the "LUCK" of a out of fuel jetliner landing safely to get quality defenders. Outside of Quaterman and Pickney I don't see the others coming. Remember it's a long way from 2015 NSD and even longer for 2016 cats. Wish I was optimistic, but I see more of the same 3 star guys as the class starts to crumble defensively. If we don't get 3 DT then Dorito is more useless as dental floss on a country *******.

Advertisement

Norton seems like the bandwagon type. If we end the season on a hot streak we might be able to peak his interest again. But in an interview I read of his, he was really down on the fact that we werent having a good season.

If im a CB, why wouldnt I go to LSU? Look at how they developed Rashard Robinson in just two years. Dude is going to be a preseason All American next year. Hate to keep bringing this up but could you imagine what they would have done with Artie and Jamal if they had went there? Smh. Paul Williams needs to go...No excuse for Robinson to look the way he does and for Artie to look so inconsistent.
I can't agree on this... Robinson hasn't looked shut down he has been beaten a few times this year.... Burns has actually looked better in recent weeks he leads in Pass Defended, just need to make those INTs

Considering that Burns was a 4 star UA all american who had his chose of schools to go to including ALA and Robinson was an afterthought until his senior year..I would say I am right. No reason for them to even be on the same level at this point. Burns has All American type tools if hes developed properly. Like I said, he plays at LSU/ALA, hes an All American candidate. Not a knock on Artie, I just think Paul Williams is that bad.

I agree paul Williams is that bad our DBs where ranked high coming out of high school they should be better... we need a new DB,D-LINE and strength coach not to mention a new D-cord...

Considering that Burns was a 4 star UA all american who had his chose of schools to go to including ALA and Robinson was an afterthought until his senior year..I would say I am right. No reason for them to even be on the same level at this point. Burns has All American type tools if hes developed properly. Like I said, he plays at LSU/ALA, hes an All American candidate. Not a knock on Artie, I just think Paul Williams is that bad.

I mean Robinson was a priority recruit for UM and LSU who cares about stars both were very good recruits. Burns has also gotten a lot better since last year, so what do you attribute that to?

Advertisement
Advertisement

If im a CB, why wouldnt I go to LSU? Look at how they developed Rashard Robinson in just two years. Dude is going to be a preseason All American next year. Hate to keep bringing this up but could you imagine what they would have done with Artie and Jamal if they had went there? Smh. Paul Williams needs to go...No excuse for Robinson to look the way he does and for Artie to look so inconsistant.

He's one **** of an athlete, but he has to get better with the ball in the air. That was the knock on him coming out of high school. He is DEFINITELY getting much better. He's a sophomore for crying out loud. You know who is also getting better every game? Corn Elder. That guy can play.

As for Robinson, I'd like to understand what he is doing that is so special at LSU? He's started 6 games, has 17 total tackles, 1 TFL, no interceptions, 1 BU. Now let's look at Artie. He's started 8 games, has 28 total tackles, 2 TFLs, 2 sacks, no interceptions, 5 BU. Shoot, let's look at Corn. He has 1 start, 28 total tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 sack, 3 BU, 1 fumble recovery. What am I missing here?

He's one **** of an athlete, but he has to get better with the ball in the air. That was the knock on him coming out of high school. He is DEFINITELY getting much better. He's a sophomore for crying out loud. You know who is also getting better every game? Corn Elder. That guy can play.

As for Robinson, I'd like to understand what he is doing that is so special at LSU? He's started 6 games, has 17 total tackles, 1 TFL, no interceptions, 1 BU. Now let's look at Artie. He's started 8 games, has 28 total tackles, 2 TFLs, 2 sacks, no interceptions, 5 BU. Shoot, let's look at Corn. He has 1 start, 28 total tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 sack, 3 BU, 1 fumble recovery. What am I missing here?

Easy. Burns and Elder are Canes, so they're not doing enough, while Robinson is not, so he's automatically dominating.

Fair question..Well for one, they hardly throw his way. (talking R.Robinson here) I have watched many LSU games and buddy holds it down. Stats dont always tell the whole story as im sure you know.

Listen, Artie i must admit has been getting better. I just really have high hopes for the kid because pound for pound there are very few DBs in the country who have the athletic ability of him. He should be a terror! Lockdown corner type! I cant wait for him to go toe to toe with Travis Rudolph/Ermon Lane and make this sorry for dissin' us.

As for Robinson, many of you didnt see this kid in HS. I did. And the job that the LSU staff has done developing that kid is off the charts. Light years better then his senior year at Ely. And all of this in just 2 years of work. And he didnt redshirt. He also looks better physically.

Anyway, Artie is my guy and I hope that whatever is going on with our defense now stays this way. These kids look like the light has finally come on for them.

Advertisement
Back