A forgotten Cane....

daddacane

Senior
I'm sure 90% of Cane Addicts are in Neverland over the hiring of Mark Richt and all the rumors and anticipation that go with it...

.I've been meaning to bring up the name Steve Walsh for sometime as a candidate for a coaching position at the "U". National Champ winner, broke several passing records at the "U"., first player selected in round one of the supplemental draft by the Dallas Cowboys, 11 years in the NFL as a player and then QB coach, brought a down and out HS team to the State Championship and is now the Director of Football at IMG.

Walsh is slowly progressing up the football ladder and I"m wondering if he deserves a shot with the "U" under the new regime? I know several guys are on the Dorsey train, rightfully so, but Steve seems to be just as qualified and possibly more so when it comes to a football position...It's just great to have so many rock solid guys that attended and played for the "U" who might someday fill positions...

It's almost like choosing between Vilma, Morgan, Lewis, or Moss for Lb coach...

Advertisement
Steve is one of my favorites. I see no reason he would not be a good coach for Miami QBs.

You can't compare Dorsey and Walsh right now. Ken is only coming here as the OC and may not be interested if he's not calling plays. Walsh would obviously come as a position coach, most likely QB. What we aren't going to have a is a staff full of former players. Right now we already have 4 of 10 filled by former players, and that is more than enough. Go out and get the best coaches you can find.

Can we stop with the, "insert name of former Cane who is now a high school coach for position___" ideas? Please?!?!

Advertisement
Richt's son, who is on the Buffalo Bills' staff (not a high school staff) is coming in some capacity, yes.

Advertisement
Back