9 wins

Dghustla

Junior
Assuming we finish strong. At the beginning of the year did you think we would win at least 9 games?

Before the season I would have thought 9 wins would be an ok year for a team starting a freshman QB. But the problem for me is that last year 9 wins meant we at least played in the acc title game.

This year not so much and both coaches and players missed a lot of opprrtunutues.

Advertisement
I picked us to go 8-4, but that doesn't mean I was happy with us going 8-4. I picked us to go 8-4 because I had given up on Golden last year.

Beating UVA, Pitt and some tomato can in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl isn't finishing strong.

Fly the f#cking banner!

Everyone who expected us to suck before the season factored in the Folden factor. Turns out they were all correct.

Advertisement
I expected a Miami team lead by Al to do the following:

1. Not beat FSU,

2. Not win the Coastal,

3. Not actually improve in the ACC, and

4. Not win more than 5 games in the ACC

This doesn't mean Golden is a good coach because he met my expectations. I had low expectations because of our Coach.

This needs to be a recurring theme on this board: Poulan Weedeater Bowl.

Well played.

I think Al had his sights set on the Pillar Bowl though.

9 wins and a convincing bowl win (even if it is a blowout of some crappy Power 5 team) should get us preseason ranked next year
Good platform for an improved season next year in recruiting and on the field

Advertisement
Yea man, ranked 23rd preseason, golden gets an extension, start the year off 2-2 just like every year and back to the same sh*t.

Nothing is going to change though and we all are wasting our time and energy wishing this would change. The administration has lowered their expectations immensely. Look at Goldens quotes in Susan's article today. He said they need to continue to make bowl games and start winning some of these bowl games. This is now the bar for our program. As long as he keeps making bowl games and mixing in a win here and there, his job is safe.

Hard to get change when the media and administration slurps on this dude continuously and refuse to have him answer the tough question.

I for one am done getting upset about all this. Time to accept what our school is, the Vanderbilt of the ACC.

I picked us to go 9-4 for the season which is decent in my opinion. It's hard to go 11-1 like some people here think we should've when you're starting a true freshman QB.

Next year I honestly see us going 10-2 regular season. We are losing key players this year but as an overall team, we will be improved. Despite the negativity surrounding this team, Miami is improving like no other team in the country. Our defense is incredibly better than it was at the beginning of the year. Kaaya had gotten so much better this year and will only continue to improve.

So next year 10-2 regular season and yes, we FINALLY make it to the ACCCG

I picked 7 wins.

Personally, it wasn't just simply giving up on Golden (which I did last year, as I sat in the rain with my 8 month pregnant wife and watched Logan Thomas look like a Heisman QB)...seeing that Golden wasn't the right guy is clear (or at least it should be)...

What hasn't been easy for me is tempering my expectations regarding the TEAM, while knowing that the head coach isn't the man for the job...I let myself get worked up for Louisville...for Nebraska...and again for FSU...I find it impossible to hope for losses.

I don't think Golden is going anywhere regardless and our only hope at this point is that he gets poached by another team, which is also very unlikely. It has been difficult watching guys like Flowers and Duke have their career pass without playing in a truly meaningful game...I hope the same doesn't happen to Kaaya.

They have to beat a good opponent in the bowl game in order for me to get excited about next season

Advertisement
They have to beat a good opponent in the bowl game in order for me to get excited about next season

Still can't get excited. No Duke, no Perryman, no Dorsett, no Warlord, no chance at getting back to relevancy.

Call 3 losses next year. We aren't going to beat GT, Nebraska or FSU... AGAIN.

smh sounds like another person trying to lower expectations.

lol i just saw the poll thread where most of you all voted where you think this team would finish record wise because Brad Kaaya was the QB. Most of you all thought this team was going to finish with 10-11 wins because of Brad Kaaya leading the way.

No I didnt expect 9 wins, I expected 6-7 with Golden being fired. You all expected 11 wins ACCCG win and an extension for Golden, so which one is it now? smh

I picked us to go 9-4 for the season which is decent in my opinion. It's hard to go 11-1 like some people here think we should've when you're starting a true freshman QB.

This is why your a potato, how has Brad Kaaya hurt this team? Where do you think this team is with Ryan Williams at this point?

The freshman QB is the best QB we got.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back