Freddie Pinder 5/7/15

pinder (6-5, 195) had 19 receptions for 357 yards and 5 scores last year for a Spartans offense that never features the passing game.

-Says “I’m working on my speed a little more so I have better burst after the catch,” “You can always get better on anything but I’m pretty good with everything else. I’m a very aggressive person off the line but I wouldn’t say shifty. I make plays on the ball though, that’s what I’m best at.”

-He’ll commit somewhere after his senior season.

-Says “I can’t say I have leaders right now because I’m still open with my recruiting,” “If I had to choose a few schools to be on top right now, it’s Tennessee, Alabama, and West Virginia. They’ve stayed up with me for the whole process from the time they offered until now. I’m going to see all three this summer plus Florida, South Carolina, and hopefully Notre Dame.”

Pinder pays close attention to the sales pitch coming from each school and how closely it resembles what he wants to hear.

“I look at how the coaches come at me because some of them use the same kind of lines,” Pinder said. “I know they want me on their team so I don’t need to hear that. Just stay in contact daily and make sure to get me on the phone as much as they can to see if everything is okay. Certain guys just stand out as people I feel like I could go talk to.”

-Says about UM “Well Miami just stopped, I don’t know what happened,” “I can’t give you a specific date but it’s been a little bit. Every coach used to contact me all the time and have conversations. That was one of the things making them a leader out of all my schools but now they don’t even send much mail.”

-Asked if it had anything to do with the transition between wide receivers coaches from Brennan Carroll to Kevin Beard

-Says “Coach Beard is the only one still trying to recruit me but not really the other coaches,” “If they come back around, they could still be one of my top schools again. I’m open to whatever, I haven’t closed the door on them or anybody else.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Down-But-Not-Out-With-WR-Freddie-Pinder-37154727

Advertisement
Really...he needs the coaches to contact him daily. Does he need someone to cut the crust off his sandwich too.

Obviously we have cooled on him. Grades are most likely the issue.

Advertisement
He could be a grade casualty, but I'm not 100% sure. He told me when I first interviewed him about a year ago was that he was doing Florida Virtual School, and when I spoke to him in the spring he was still doing it. That either means he was lacking credits or was trying to graduate early, which I don't think he's ever mentioned.

The coaches probably feel confident about Bruce, Richards, & Mullins. And maybe Beard wants Victor more.

Advertisement
You aren't getting Victor, and Bruce probably flipping either to UF or FSU if they even have room after they get NCM

You aren't getting Victor, and Bruce probably flipping either to UF or FSU if they even have room after they get NCM

Will be a Gata. Scarlett is there, and with the std WR corp at FSU, won't be room for him. Honestly think even though he has not decommitted yet, we are 3rd for him.

This kid was never in Victor's league regardless of what some were saying when it seemed like we were the clear favorites for Pinder.

Not that we're getting either of them, but still...

Advertisement
This kid was never in Victor's league regardless of what some were saying when it seemed like we were the clear favorites for Pinder.

Not that we're getting either of them, but still...

Both havent really impressed me, victor looks good in 7 on 7s but in pads you dont see the same production

Will be a Gata. Scarlett is there, and with the std WR corp at FSU, won't be room for him. Honestly think even though he has not decommitted yet, we are 3rd for him.

Are you saying that Miami is in 3rd place for 2016 WR Sam Bruce who is currently committed to UM?

Go Canes

Are you saying that Miami is in 3rd place for 2016 WR Sam Bruce who is currently committed to UM?

Go Canes

Pretty sure thats exactly what he said lol. Almost verbatim.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Pretty sure thats exactly what he said lol. Almost verbatim.
He's right. Everyone was so sure when Scarlett didnt decommit after that OV Scarlett took to Gainesville he was gonna be a cane. Look how that turned out. If a kid is steadily saying im 80 % or 90 % hes not committed at all. Get that through your heads. Hes holding a spot to create more interest when he flips on signing day.

Advertisement
Back