2016 DB Wright Prepping for Senior Year

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Entering his final year at Gulliver (Fla.), 2016 defensive back Cedrick Wright isn’t letting anything get in the way of him getting to a championship.

“We want to win a championship, not only that but we want to get every individual better on the team. We want to make every teammate better by the end of the season.”

In previous years Gulliver has struggled to win their district with 3A power house Booker T Washington (Fla.) usually winning it, but Wright says the District is ready for the taking this year.

“I think the district is wide open if you ask me. I feel like we have a lot of seniors this year so we can make it happen,” said Wright. “We have to stay humble and work hard because when you do that things come easy to you and you don’t want to go in with the wrong mindset.”

Wright was sporting Miami Hurricane gloves to show off the school he was committed to similar to his other South Florida express teammates Sam Bruce, Deion Jackson, and Dionte Mullins. When asked why Miami, Wright named a list of reasons for wanting to stay close to home.

“The vibe, the home feel, the relationship with the coaches that I have. I have a great relationship with all the coaches and I’ve known a few of them for a while,” said Wright. “What’s better then going to school with your homeboys and playing football with your homeboys?.”

The 5’9 180 pound defensive back is certainly excited about the idea of playing with close friends such as Bruce, Mullins and the other Hurricane commits he’s familiar with.

“It’s super fun, the fact that we all see each other every week and we know we’re going to the same school. There’s actually some more that are coming with us, but I can’t name them now,” said Wright. “It’s great to know how many great player we are going to have at Miami.”

Other schools have begun to show interest in the south Florida defensive back including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, and Clemson. Despite other schools speaking with him, Wright remains fully committed to the Hurricanes.

“I’m fully committed to Miami, 100 percent.”

Advertisement
“It’s super fun, the fact that we all see each other every week and we know we’re going to the same school. There’s actually some more that are coming with us, but I can’t name them now,” said Wright. “It’s great to know how many great player we are going to have at Miami.”

Its about to go down!

Its about to go down!

You aint lied...They are just layin and waitin'. Please God..Dont do us like this again..we are due for a great class. Just find a way to will these dudes to 10+wins this year. That's all these kids want to see. Progress. And the city is ours.

Its about to go down!

You aint lied...They are just layin and waitin'. Please God..Dont do us like this again..we are due for a great class. Just find a way to will these dudes to 10+wins this year. That's all these kids want to see. Progress. And the city is ours.

I pray that this happens.

Advertisement
There’s actually some more that are coming with us, but I can’t name them now,” said Wright.

So lets have some fun guessing and wishing! Pie, Victor, Mullen, Bethel, Shavar Manuel, C. Gardner, Burns, Some LB's and OL, DT's Camp and Owenu

http%253A%252F%252Fentertainment.ie%252Fimages_content%252Fwhatdidyousay.gif

Advertisement
Back