Laderrien Wilson 2016 RB from Kissimmee as a Miami Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
Laderrien Wilson 2016 RB from Kissimmee as a UM Recruit would give Miami's 2016 class a workman like power running game component to go with all the speed the class currently has. As a Junior the 5'10" 205lb rushed for nearly 2000yds against some very good competition. The only concern is that Osceola HS is a run heavy offense an Wilson will get alot of wear being the focus in that offense against 7A competition.

Miami was his sole #1 school until two weeks later he attended FSU jr Day where he received an FSU offer an now UM and FSU are tied.

Laderrien Wilson 2016 RB Jr year highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2025197/highlights/171086375/v2

Article on UM & FSU being tied as Wilson's top schools
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-fsu-offers-kissimmee-osceola-rb-laderrien-wilson-20150228-post.html

Miami offers Wilson
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-kissimmee-osceola-rb-laderrien-wilson-offered-by-hurricanes-20150210-post.html

Kissimmee Osceola RB Laderrien Wilson offered by Hurricanes
Kissimmee Osceola running back Laderrien Wilson was excited about his latest college football scholarship offer Tuesday. Both Miami running backs coach Tim Harris and head coach Al Golden were on the phone, extending Wilson his second offer.

His first offer came two weeks ago from Western Michigan and it's more than likely just the start of many for the 5-foot-10, 210-pound wrecking ball of a rusher.

Wilson was not only excited to receive his first in-state offer, but it comes from the team he used to favor as a youngster. Wilson now prefers the Oregon Ducks, but 'The U' is still his dad's favorite.

"It feels good. I am excited," said Wilson, who helped carry the Kowboys into the Class 7A state title game this past season. He was the featured back in a run-only offense, rushing for 1,897 yards and 28 touchdowns on 244 carries, an impressive eight yards per carry.

"It's awesome knowing that it's my dad's favorite school and it's great to know I have an offer from a big school like that. ... they have a really good program."

Wilson, the No. 4-ranked player in the Sentinel's 2016 Central Florida Super60, said Coach Golden had good things to say.

"He told me he likes the way I play and he likes backs like me because I'm not afraid to hit the hole," Wilson said, "and he said that I have the speed to get away and that I have the power, too."

With two offers in his pocket, now Wilson has a better idea of what he might start to expect from college recruiting.

"I think I might get a lot more now, but I'm not in a rush for them or anything," Wilson said. "I'm just going to sit back and relax and be patient."

Advertisement
Paranos, I don't see any mention of an FSU offer in the article. It says Miami was his first in-state offer.

2016 RB/FB Laderrien Wilson has decommitted from UVA and looking around he just came back from a Maryland official visit (most think is his leader now).

Three-star running back Laderrien Wilson decommits from the Virginia football program - Streaking The Lawn

Miami has been at Osceola high school recruiting Carlos Becker, and the old staff recruited Wilson so I would be not surprised if the New staff started recruiting Wilson as a Plan B+ big running back at this point, Mark Richt likes big backs. Despite just coming back from a leg injury Wilson was a load in the 2015 FLA state Title game for Flanagan HS's defense to handle. If he was 100% health then Osceola HS would have one that game. Wilson healthy at 220lbs is a 1 cut and go type running that gets up to speed quickly.

Wilson SR Highlights from 2015 season
[HUDL]athlete/2025197/highlights/297326378[/HUDL]

Advertisement
If they wanted him they would have recruited him while they were there with Becker. Being committed to UVA is not a deal breaker for someone Mark Richt wants.

Hope he doesn't go to GT. Kid would kill it in that O with all the dives that run. I like him

Hope he doesn't go to GT. Kid would kill it in that O with all the dives that run. I like him

Why would you even say something like that I had the same thought it is was very frightening to think of him as GT B-Back! If not Miami I hope he goes to the big ten because the kid in a down hill system will be a big problem for defenses.

GO Canes

Advertisement
Kids going to be a real threat once someone shows him how to run. He's got another gear in him by the video. I like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back