Jaquwan Nelson Commits: #WelcomeToTheU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Really questionable pick up, not saying its bad nor good but I get the vibe someone as in Burns or Bethel is not coming. We have to be careful and attack the elite prospects in this class, no room for development players. This kid is good though its just better prospects available. This class is too deep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Elite scouting services who has scouted Florida prospects for close to 15 years wrote this about Nelson a week ago on their write up for class of 2016.

14-Jaquwan Nelson-Ft Lauderdale-6’5-230-There may not be a more underrated defensive end in this year’s class. For a school that is not known for producing top end football talent, Nelson may be the best to come out of this school in the past ten years. He has size and is a good athlete. (Comparison: Ezekiel Ansah)

Elite scouting services who has scouted Florida prospects for close to 15 years wrote this about Nelson a week ago on their write up for class of 2016.

14-Jaquwan Nelson-Ft Lauderdale-6’5-230-There may not be a more underrated defensive end in this year’s class. For a school that is not known for producing top end football talent, Nelson may be the best to come out of this school in the past ten years. He has size and is a good athlete. (Comparison: Ezekiel Ansah)

Okay I feel a little better

So he compares favorably to a NFL top 5 pick? I don't believe them.

Fishbein knows what he's talking about. 4 times out of 5 he's on the money on who pays off in college. And the other 1 out of 5 is often due to a recruit ******** up off the field. And as for the comparison to a day 1 pro pick, the point is playing style and physical attributes, not that every kid projects to be a Ray Lewis or Adrian Peterson.

This is a good pickup.

Advertisement
Back