Rahshaun Smith 247 Update

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Visit-Impresses-Four-Star-LB-Rahshaun-Smith-35946626

- On recent visit; “It was definitely a great experience,” Smith said. “It was my first time on campus and be with the coaches. I have really positive feelings about Miami now. I had a great talk with coach Golden and everyone there. I feel like they want me down there.
- On practice; “That was one of the best spring practices I have seen,” Smith said. “They got the music going during the whole practice and it is uptempo. They keep the guys safe and hydrated and then they get right back to it. I loved it.”
- More on UM “The school sells itself when you visit it and the city of Miami sells itself too,” Smith said. “It is not hard to see why they have so many commits in this class because it is a great place. It is nice to go to a powerhouse school like that. Miami is bringing it back.”
- “It definitely opened my eyes,” Smith said. “It is ‘The U’ and a lot of greats went there. I could definitely see why so many great players went there. You have a lot of resources there with football and off the field. It is also a great academic school.”
- On close friend and 2015 Miami signee Lawrence Cager; “We went to school together and I played with him for two years,” Smith said. “I talk to him every day and he is like a brother to me. He is in my ear all the time. I called him while I was down there and he got some guys on the team to come holler at me and they did. I definitely felt the love from Miami thanks to Cager.”
- Cagers pitch; “Lawrence is big on Miami’s resources,” Smith said. “He tells me that football is going to end some day and that they are a great option with education and there is a lot of people there that can help you get a job after football. There is a lot to take advantage of with Miami.”

Advertisement
Got Dayummm. Can we get a slow clap for Cager!?

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Kid may be one of the only elite kids we have a shot at from IMG this cycle, and only b/c of Cager...

5star DB Savion Smith - L$U commit

5star OLB Rahshaun Smith - Undecided

5star SDE Shavar Manuel - F$U silent commit

5star QB Malik Henry - F$U commit

4star TE Isaac Nauta - F$U commit

4star CB Khalil Ladler - Undecided

4star WR TJ Chase - Clem$on commit

4star SDE Malik Barrow - Undecided

And those^^^ are just the kids in the rivals100...

**** that team will be nasty this year

Advertisement
Kid may be one of the only elite kids we have a shot at from IMG this cycle, and only b/c of Cager...

barrow is giving us a good look

Barrow is leaning towards Miami or UF right now. Miami leads.. Smith I'll believe it when I see it. Cager got us in the game but he likes Clemson a lot too..

Rahshaun Smith, Manuel, Barrow. That's 1/3 of their top players that are heavily considering us.

Manuel is considering F$U...

Accept it now, we ain't getting Shavar.

I still doubt we land either of Rahshaun Smith or Malik Barrow either.

Advertisement

Rahshaun Smith, Manuel, Barrow. That's 1/3 of their top players that are heavily considering us.

Getting 2/3, heck getting 1/3 would be huge. Most likely is probably Smith.

Wow smith is a beast. he can bring the lumber. if we were to get him. there would be no Lb corp better in the country than ours and thats real

Advertisement
You watch any 3-4 NFL defense and sometimes the linebacker has to spread out to a wr. Do people still not understand this?

Advertisement
Same concept applies in college.

Missing the forrest for the trees my man. Refer back to my op. We can have the best LB's in the county but our 3-4 scheme is not suited for them to excel....maybe I am in the minority on this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back