Talented 2017 DT to watch for: Fred Hansard

FINCHLION

Sophomore
Standing 6'4 290 already only as a sophomore, Fred Hansard of Hun School in Princeton, New Jersey is making a name for himself. This is a guy who has a good first step off the line of scrimmage and is really agile for his size. The thing I like most about him is he is versatile and can fit in any defensive scheme. In a 3-4 he can play the NG or SDE. In a 4-3, he can dominant at the DT position. As of now, Hansard only has two offers, Rutgers and the school who offers everyone, Temple. This is a kid I hope Golden can use his New Jersey connections to get to become a cane. The future is bright for this young man and he will continue to get better.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3523479/highlights/186863375/v2

Advertisement
According to an article by 247sports, Hansard has the canes on top thus far in his recruitment. 247sports recently rated him 94 and 92. This is a kid I've been big on for awhile and if he continues to get better he may potentially end up being the best DL in his class.

Well this is going to get interesting because according to nj.com Rutgers is on top for both Hansard and his parents.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/04/defensive_tackle_fred_hansard_njs_top_class_of_201.html

Go Canes

That's from April 7

I know and the 247 sports article about him liking UM is from 3 weeks later, which is why I said his recruitment will be interesting over the next 2 years.

Here is May 3rd article about him having UM on top.
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Canes-on-top-for-four-star-DT--37096916

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
There are quite a few 2017 DT prospects that Miami needs to go after and hopefully we can pull in a few very good ones.

Go Canes

Defensive tackle Fred Hansard (Princeton, N.J./The Hun School) said he will return to Penn State July 18.

He said he's also slated to visit Miami "sometime in August."

Hansard listed Miami as his 'favorite' in early May.

"I don't any on top but Miami is up there," Hansard, who also has warm interest in Penn State.

Hansard has 13 verbal offers.

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for Rutgers and 33-percent for Penn State.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 12 defensive tackle and the No. 3 prospect in New Jersey in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Four-star DT sets Penn State, Miami visits

Hopefully we'll have a new coach long before 2017. Then my optimism to close on DT's will be positive. Until that happens i'm pretty sure the only thing he'll do in Miami is accept the free visit.

Hopefully we'll have a new coach long before 2017. Then my optimism to close on DT's will be positive. Until that happens i'm pretty sure the only thing he'll do in Miami is accept the free visit.

He is paying his own way, it is an unofficial visit to miami. All his visits until the fall of his senior year are unpaid

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting this kid will be critical for our class, there is little to none DTs in this class. I'm also curious to how guys like justice dean and the kid from american heritage and steve jean baptiste will turn out come senior year.

Hope he realizes Dontno and Al will be gone by the time he would get here..

Whomever is the coach at Miami in the future, this kid would be a huge get for Miami. Miami needs to add future quality to dline talent to play infront of the monster 2016 LB Class we are projected to sign on NSD next year. Hopefully Miami doesn't fall off with him after his junior year the way Miami fell off with both Rashan Gary and Benjamin Frazier; whom had UM as in their Top 3 schools last year but now have us as an also ran after thought. But hopefully with a good showing this year that can all change by December.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Advertisement
Wasn't Lugman Abdullah from the Hun School? We've had players from there in the past, I know that. ... Hansard moves very well in the Rivals camp video for a man that big.

This is a DT I could see Miami leaving the south to recruit. Coach may be clocking some miles to Jersey.

Here are 2017 DT Fred Hansard's Junior year highlights.

[HUDL]athlete/3523479/highlights/308825381[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Back