6'3" Florida CB Carlos Becker wants a cane offer

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Cornerback Carlos Becker (Kissimmee, Fla./Osceola) said he has high interest in Kentucky, North Carolina State and Pitt.

Becker has 11 verbal offers including tenders from all three of those programs.

Becker said he's hoping to land offers from Clemson and Miami.

Becker ran a hand-timed 10.5-second 100-meter dash last week, per his high school coach.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder figures to land several other offers in the spring.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 52 cornerback and the No. 79 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings

-------------------------------

A day after the article was posted UF,FSU and Ohio State offered. Surprised Al is not on him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2632002/highlights/158485377/v2

Advertisement
Film is meh and he's a safety not a corner. Unless someone created wd40 for humans that we can pour directly into hips no corner. Overall a solid offer can't teach size and speed he's got both.

6'3" corner with stiff hips named Carlos. Feel like we have been here before... carlos-armour.jpg

Advertisement
Any update on this kid, its a big mistake if we are not going after him, he's ten time better than Ladler. Love this kids cover skills which I think are highly underrated. From observation, take away his length and he would still have better cover skills than Ladler. His height adds another dimension with jump balls. These are the type of players that may not start at first, but brings solid competition, contribution and depth to the position.

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Cornerback Carlos Becker (Kissimmee, Fla./Osceola) said he has high interest in Kentucky, North Carolina State and Pitt.

Becker has 11 verbal offers including tenders from all three of those programs.
Becker said he's hoping to land offers from Clemson and Miami.
Becker ran a hand-timed 10.5-second 100-meter dash last week, per his high school coach.
The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder figures to land several other offers in the spring.
The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 52 cornerback and the No. 79 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings

-------------------------------
A day after the article was posted UF, FSU and Ohio State offered. Surprised Al is not on him.

Junior Highlight - Carlos Becker highlights

Indeed, Carlos' got an extensive offer sheet. Why does he really want that UM offer?
Would the UM offer serve as a mere trophy?

[Other than desiring an offer] I can't find any place where he's quoted with genuine interest and complimentary statements about the U?

He wants a Miami offer because it will allow him to stay in state and more importantlly Miami has smaller class sizes and that would be ideal for him given his personality and back ground coming from a Deaf family.

Here is the link to the Video interview discussing his deaf parents and him learning to sign language before he actually learned to talk.
BHSN Sports Video|Spotlight: Carlos Becker, child of two deaf parents

Link to Story Below
BHSN Spotlight: Carlos Becker, child of two deaf parents

BHSN Spotlight: Carlos Becker, child of two deaf parents
By Andy Wontor September 01, 2015

Osceola cornerback Carlos Becker may be used to the loud noises and Kowboy cheers at football games, but at home, it's all about the quiet.

Carlos -- the child of two deaf parents.

“It’s normal to me. I was raised in a house with a deaf mother, never lived with my father, but it is normal to me. But it is kind of weird going to my friend’s house and seeing them talk to their parents and I can’t go home and talk to my parents,” said Becker.

Instead, Carlos’ talks with his hands.

“Sign was my first language actually. I didn’t start speaking until I got to school.”

Becker was taught to sign by his mom, Dolcie, whose hands move fast as she uses an interpreter to answer questions.

“He has been signing since he was born, so he grew up with it. I showed him signs like food and milk, Mommy, and Daddy. He didn’t say Mommy using the M, but with the one little finger for Mom, and how he did water he did it a little backwards but we still communicated. We communicated well,” explained Dolcie.

While they may have the typical Mom and teenaged son relationship, the dynamic can be a difficult one between a hearing child and deaf parent. Pressed into service as an interpreter at a young age – caught between the deaf community, and the hearing world.

“Some of them don’t like when I talk, and I want to talk because I am hearing and they are deaf. When I was younger I was between both, but now I am myself now," said Becker, while signing.

Himself.

Not the most boisterous.

Not the most vocal.

But his skills speak for him.

“He is one of those ones that you’d like to have ten, twelve, fifteen of him on your team.”

Osceola Coach Doug Nichols has been encouraging Becker to find his voice on the football field. “If there was one thing missing it would be that vocal leadership,” said Coach Nichols.

Carlos will never be the one to sound the rallying call or start the Kowboy chant, but same as when he was a child, he’d rather his hands do the talking for him.

The three star recruit with offers from schools like NC State, Wisconsin, Florida, Notre Dame, and Kentucky. Obviously he is making the right moves on the field, with Mom watching, and waving from the stands.

”I just kind of watch the action and watch the football, what is going on.”

Dolcie doesn’t have to hear to know that her son is rocking the crowd every Friday night.

Advertisement
Mid-Senior Year Highlights from the 2015 Season
[HUDL]athlete/2632002/highlights/262886375[/HUDL]

i just don't understand what our coaches want. they won't offer prospects like Trajan Brady (i know he's 2017) but when a kid that has height that they covet in FL is available not even a look.

Advertisement
Rangy kid.

Seems to be what they want in a boundary corner. Someone on this site might want to get the film to the coaches.

Looks like a nice replacement of they don't flip Jamel Cook. This kid might can play safety as well from watching his film

Physically you have to offer him because of the upside and the kid you'd think has extra drive wanting to do more to make his parents proud

Advertisement
The really need to offer this kid, great size and not scared to be physical, i agree he could even play some safety

Mid-Senior Year Highlights from the 2015 Season
[HUDL]athlete/2632002/highlights/262886375[/HUDL]

He doesn't seem to be going against "Great" competition but his highlights are pretty **** good

Osceola HS plays a good schedule every year, they are in the same district as West Orange HS (over the last 2 years has had 10 D1 players and 4 All Americans), Lakeland HS (perennial National power), Winter Haven HS (Every year they have 2 or 3 kids go D1 P5), Winter Park HS (every year they have 4 or 5 kids go D1 P5, sent Trent Harris to Miami and QB to UCLA), Oviedo (Every year they have 3 or 4 kids go D1 P5), and Apopka (which is a monster program blue collar program)

So Osceola plays against some very good competition in Central Florida, hence why as a 3* DB he was named an UA All American despite not being committed to any P5 school which would have given him that subscription based bump in recruiting ratings.
Osceola Football (15-16) Schedule - Kissimmee, FL |MaxPreps

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back