2017 OL Telfort Eager for Miami Offer

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2017 Miami Norland (Fla.) offensive linemen Kadeem Telfort was cast into the fire quickly as he was an integral part of his teams offense this past season. Despite having to make a quick adjustment, Telfort was satisfied with his performance this season and is looking to build on it.

“I did very good, I stepped up as a sophomore and made plays like I was supposed to.”

Telfort is doing large amounts of work this off-season in hopes of improving his game to the next level and also impressing collegiate scouts.

“Lifting Weights, working on my 40 time and shuttle because the colleges like the speed and size. I will also be training with my team.”

While Telfort plans to get better in multiple areas this summer, there’s one skill he plans to focus on.

“I want to improve my footwork; it's part of the game and it's good, but I need it to be excellent.”

Despite only being a sophomore currently, Telfort is already hearing from some notable schools.

“Miami, Ohio State, TCU, Louisville, NC State, Arkansas and USF.”

As it stands right now, the hometown Hurricanes and the NC State Wolfpack are recruiting the 6’6 315 pound linemen the hardest.

Telfort speaks with the Hurricanes on a regular basis and it seems that an offer could be on its way soon.

“They say they’re going to offer soon and that I’m a big prospect in their eyes.”

Landing an offer from the University of Miami would mean a lot to Telfort simply because they were his childhood favorite.

“It's nice academically and also it's been my dream school ever since I was an kid.”

If the Hurricanes were to offer, Telfort says it wouldn’t be a difficult decision.

“It would mean they've notice me and I will strive to get more, but I will commit right away.”

This summer plans to be a busy one for Telfort as he plans to attend multiple camps in hopes of impressing college coaches all over the country.

“I plan this summer to attend camps at Auburn, LSU, Arkansas,UF and more.”

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3931406/highlights/148164380/v2

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's a big kid and definitely one of the top OL in the state for 2017.

Telfort, Slaton from American heritage, and Donaldson from Central

Advertisement
Slow play him and he'll be at Arkansas with our last slow play...Get Art to bring his traveling comedy club with an offer...

Advertisement
We offered the OLineman from Miramar early last year and he committed only to go elsewhere. Why wouldn't this Mammoth already have an off from a potential pipeline school. This big time recruiting game over Goldies head.

Anyone know if he is related to Frankie Telfort? I believe that's his name. He played at Gulliver and then went to USC.

Advertisement
NC State offered today. It's his first offer.

Wonder how much longer this staff will make him wait.

Advertisement
Mershawn Miller, stud on the pull:

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4118706/highlights/183663375/v2[/video]

Kadeem Telfort ® ‏@Nosackzone___ 36s36 seconds ago

The Chillin In The Gear #GoCanes #CanesNation

B-Sxjj6CcAAB_Xj.jpg

Advertisement
Back