2016 RB Carlin Fils-Aime 247 Update

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-In-A-Good-Position-With-2016-RB-Carlin-Fils-Aime-35575635

- Teammate and close friends with 2016 UM commit Tyler Byrd
- While Byrd was a Florida commit, Fils-Aime would tell him how much he would like Miami. The two teammates attended Miami’s junior day on January 25th and Fils-Aime knew his teammate would flip.
- On Byrd and UM; “When I first visited Miami, I came back and told him all about it. I told him that if he went and took a visit there that he would fall in love with it there too. When he did visit the first time, he did fall in love with it and then he told me that he was leaning towards going there and I told him it would be a smart decision.”
- More on UM; Loved Junior Day, loves Miami more and more every time he visits.
- UM was his first offer; “That meant a lot. They were the first school to show real interest. I felt honored for them to come in and really show me they wanted me like that. They are one of the best schools in the country. I was really excited when they offered, but I couldn’t really show it, I had to hold it inside.”
- Byrd being committed increases interest; When we were in eighth grade, we both wanted to go to Florida because that was our school. As we started getting more mature, we looked at other schools and I liked Miami. He told me that he liked Miami too and I knew he would change his mind from a Florida commit, so he already proved me right. I will admit that Tyler being committed to Miami makes me want to look at them even more. We do want to go to the same college. The fact that he did commit to Miami is really good.”
- Boston College has his attention because a former team mate just signed there.
- Wants to visit Michigan.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2641002/carlin-fils-aime

Advertisement
This kid had an extremely high Sparq score the last time he tested. Very very athletic. I havnt seen much of his film but he needs to be high up on the priority list.

A lot of optimism in recruiting right now. its like we wont have enough room for everybody as it seems right now. we need to take about 30 this class like Tenn always does.

Last edited:
This kid had an extremely high Sparq score the last time he tested. Very very athletic. I havnt seen much of his film but he needs to be high up on the priority list.

kid is uber athletic. missed most of his junior year with injury so he may be a bit of a sleeper.

kid is uber athletic. missed most of his junior year with injury so he may be a bit of a sleeper.
Well its good that our staph specializes in reaches and sleepers.

BTW nothing against this kid

Advertisement

Well its good that our staph specializes in reaches and sleepers.

BTW nothing against this kid
i should probably re-phrase that i mean sleeper for now. as soon as he hits the camp circuit he'll most likely blow up.

Interesting stance, kind of like a sprinter. Very fast, quick striker. Reminds me a little of Dalvin. I likes!

The staff needs to approach this RB situation as if Rasul isn't even committed.

What makes the way the staff completely botched the RB situation for the 2015 class even more frustrating is that 2016 seems like a down year for in-state RBs, which isn't common.

But Fils-Aime looks really explosive and he's exactly what we need in the backfield after missing on so much home run ability these past couple years (Cook, Scarlett, Michel, etc). Really like this kid. Fils-Aime and Burnett, who was offered the other day, are very impressive.

What makes the way the staff completely botched the RB situation for the 2015 class even more frustrating is that 2016 seems like a down year for in-state RBs, which isn't common.

But Fils-Aime looks really explosive and he's exactly what we need in the backfield after missing on so much home run ability these past couple years (Cook, Scarlett, Michel, etc). Really like this kid. Fils-Aime and Burnett, who was offered the other day, are very impressive.

Down year in state for running backs, you say? Golden finna bring in at least 3 then!

Advertisement
As far as any RBs in the state as a whole there is going to be a lot of see and wait because there are a lot of kids that have talent but haven't blown you away yet. It is a down year for RBs as far as in state so I would expect more offers to out of state RBs

That kid McArthur Burnett from Pahokee looks really special for a down year kid.

Advertisement
Mentioned it yesterday in another thread before it was reported that Bama offered, but Fils-Aime needs to be the uncommitted RB we're prioritizing the most. Now that Burnett is committed, this kid should be the focus to fill the second RB slot (assuming Rasul won't stick regardless). Don't accept any other pure RB commit as long as you're in the running for Fils-Aime because his skill set is exactly what our backfield currently lacks.

Advertisement
If Rasul bolts, go all in for this kid to try to keep Byrd

We need to go all-in for Fils-Aime regardless. He's a better player and the staff needs to be recruiting the position as if Rasul isn't even committed based on what he's said publicly.

A lot of optimism in recruiting right now. its like we wont have enough room for everybody as it seems right now. we need to take about 30 this class like Tenn always does.

every year, we do very well in recruiting until...........................we start losing games

Advertisement
Back