2016 ATH Melquise Stoval (CA)

Advertisement
I don't understand how we consistently are able to snag great RBs.... I mean, Golden ****ed this year up but we still got Walton...

Advertisement
I don't understand how we consistently are able to snag great RBs.... I mean, Golden ****ed this year up but we still got Walton...

Are you a Cane fan? So are most of these kids. Golden didn't snag em, they chose Miami because that's where they always wanted to go.

Are you a Cane fan? So are most of these kids. Golden didn't snag em, they chose Miami because that's where they always wanted to go.

EXACTLY, Duke and Walton would have gone to Miami no matter who the coach was. Could have been D'nofrio as the head coach and they both still would have came.

OK, so I avoided being that guy, but here it goes, simply f*****ing put, why is a 5'9" 175 DB/RB Cali prospect important now?

Again, in my role as that guy, those do happen in South Florida ALL THE TIME.

Man, enough. Miami does not need to recruit any area, outside of the tri-county, for certain types of players. This is one of those.

OK, so I avoided being that guy, but here it goes, simply f*****ing put, why is a 5'9" 175 DB/RB Cali prospect important now?

Man, enough. Miami does not need to recruit any area, outside of the tri-county, for certain types of players. This is one of those.

I hear what your saying, but if you're going to recruit a Cali guy you have to get on them this early otherwise you have 0 shot. Based on the CS article, this is the type of guy that if he gets a UCLA or USC offer he's gone anyways. But if they slow play him like UCLA did with Kaaya then we can swoop in. But yes I agree we have 5'9 175 lbs athletes all over Miami lol.

Advertisement

I hear what your saying, but if you're going to recruit a Cali guy you have to get on them this early otherwise you have 0 shot. Based on the CS article, this is the type of guy that if he gets a UCLA or USC offer he's gone anyways. But if they slow play him like UCLA did with Kaaya then we can swoop in. But yes I agree we have 5'9 175 lbs athletes all over Miami lol.

You missed his point. Your saying "if we want a Cali guy we have to get on him early" ignores the main thrust of the argument: we shouldn't be wasting time on this type of player when we have 50 in our backyard every year.

You missed his point. Your saying "if we want a Cali guy we have to get on him early" ignores the main thrust of the argument: we shouldn't be wasting time on this type of player when we have 50 in our backyard every year.

So we should forget about a talented kid out of state that seems like he wants to come here because we have 50 like him in our backyard?

If the kid is talented you bring him on board no matter where he is from

I agree 100%. Unless its a QB, there is no reason to go out west. Its hard as **** to pull recruits outta there if they have Pac 12 offers.

Advertisement

So we should forget about a talented kid out of state that seems like he wants to come here because we have 50 like him in our backyard?

If the kid is talented you bring him on board no matter where he is from

I agree...the way things have been going the 50 in our back yard have been going else where for greener pastures..don't neglect a bird in hand for two in the bush..even if the bush is in our backyard

We have 17 players from FL in our class already....

So don't recruit Reggie Bush because you've got Tyrone Moss in your back yard? lol.. This kid can play! A lot of kids in that area happen to have interest in playing with Kayya. Why not indulge in the chase of an elite prospect that actually has some sincere interest.

Advertisement
Sorry, but check this kid's film and tell me what RBs in FL this cycle compare...

Kid looks like Duke 2.0 no joke...

He is worth the effort...

I didn't read the article, but as far as I can tell we offered him and he put us in his top two because he likes the Hurricanes. I don't see how we've made him a priority at this point in the cycle.

Advertisement
Back