QB commit Allison is ready to lead the 2016 class

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
After a less than thrilling finish to the class of 2015 on National Signing Day, the Miami Hurricanes can now shift their focus to the class of 2016.

The class of 2016 is already off to a phenomenal start as the 'Canes boast the number one recruiting class in the country according to 247sports.com Al Golden's' staff has already received 13 commitments early on; Eight of which are ranked as four-star prospects (247sports). One of those four-star prospects is Palmetto (Fla.) quarterback Jack Allison who has some thoughts on Miami's future.

"The 2015 class is a good class, but having Jordan Scarlett de-commit is really crappy (laughs). I like (Lawerence) Cager, and I just feel like we did well," said Allison.

"The 2016 class is going to be great. I'm really excited because we have a lot of talent committed already. It's just going to be a really good class when we all get on campus."

During this offseason, Allison plans to play for the esteemed 7-on-7 club team, Team Tampa which has him excited to work with some great receivers. However, Jack knows he will be playing with some fantastic receivers in the future with fellow Miami commits, Sam Bruce and Dionte Mullins.

"I'm really excited to play with Sam and Dionte. They are both really great guys. They are just real solid dudes to be around. Every time I've been around them they've showed they are good guys and obviously just the way they can make plays is great," said Allison.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pounder has become an unofficial ambassador to this class recruiting other players from the country to come and join the, "Swag16" as the 'Canes coaching staff refers to it on social media, and as an ambassador Allison has a couple players on his "wish list."

"I really want (Coconut Creek, Fla. WR) Binjimen Victor. I would love it if he would commit because that dude is a beast. Also, (IMG Academy, Fla. CB) Saivion Smith."

Allison says he plans on visiting Coral Gables once spring practice rolls around again. He also added that he could potentially enroll early for the spring semester of 2016 at the University.

Miami will have to fight off Alabama, Missouri, and Tennessee, to retain the ambassador of the "Swag16", but Allison said to me as calm as could be, "I'm a Miami Hurricane."

***Photo via Allison's Hudl account

Advertisement
Hope he does enroll early. Very key for QBs, gonna need that extra time to develop and mature. Have Brad take him under his wing.

Hypothetically, if Kaaya continues to do great and ends up a 3 and out. Allison coming in early during Brads junior year is very important.

Good stuff. Really hope he and Shaq can be the Brad Kaaya, Duke Johnson types to commit early and be leaders throughout the process. We will need them to be.

That 16 class will be the class that gets this program back in the right direction...also a new head coach as well

Good stuff. Really hope he and Shaq can be the Brad Kaaya, Duke Johnson types to commit early and be leaders throughout the process. We will need them to be.

I agree, but Mullins and Bruce staying firm could be just as important. They should be the core of the South Florida kids, they seem like natural leaders.

Advertisement
Love the comradery this class has so far. That, and a successful season will be the only way this class makes it to signing day. Folden has to have a good year or else this class will look way different come Feb 2016.

Advertisement
This won't happen because everyone in charge is clueless and always a step behind, but we really need to have a replacement for Golden lined up early on. The minute he's fired we need to quickly transition to the new staff.

Important to try and salvage this class, or what's left of it after a poor season.

don't see the big deal about Victor at all. give me Pinder all day.

Victor is good but I prefer Pinder over Victor as well.

The best big man receiver is Salomon but that kid won't give us the light of day right now.

Give me Pinder for that big man WR. Focus should be on the explosive, shifty, smaller and versatile WRs for 2016 and just 1 big WR. We have a bunch of big man WRs. We need more speed and explosiveness.

don't see the big deal about Victor at all. give me Pinder all day.

Victor is good but I prefer Pinder over Victor as well.

The best big man receiver is Salomon but that kid won't give us the light of day right now.

Give me Pinder for that big man WR. Focus should be on the explosive, shifty, smaller and versatile WRs for 2016 and just 1 big WR. We have a bunch of big man WRs. We need more speed and explosiveness.

It's sad because i know Salomon really loves UM but he see's what the program is right now and knows that under Golden things aren't going to change.

I prefer Victor to Pinder, but both should be pursued heavily. Not necessarily addressing anyone who has posted in this thread with this comment, but Victor seems like someone who's downplayed at times around here because it's believed we won't land him. Kid is the goods and already has all the big time programs vying for him.

Advertisement
I prefer Victor to Pinder, but both should be pursued heavily. Not necessarily addressing anyone who has posted in this thread with this comment, but Victor seems like someone who's downplayed at times around here because it's believed we won't land him. Kid is the goods and already has all the big time programs vying for him.

I prefer Pinder over Victor because Pinder is more physical and a great blocker. Victor plays smaller than his size and I don't mean that in a good way sadly. Victor is a little more agile but he plays with a little too much finesse for my liking in a big WR. Seen both live, if Victor was more aggressive and stronger I would rate him over Pinder.

But this is why I like discussing prospects as everyone has different views.

Has no one learned..... A cane commit today means jack **** until nsd 2016 or early enrollee.

Advertisement
Need this kid to be our rock for this class. If he sticks then a lot of others will stick

I thought early on Victor was leaning towards Alabama.... we all knw Pinder should commit any day now.... he loves Miami

Advertisement
Back