Trayvon Mullen Junior Day 247 Update

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Junior-Day-Helps-Maintain-CB-Trayvon-Mullens-Interest-35067056

“I wanted to go just as much as they wanted to have me there. They’re always hyped any time I decided to come by."
- Saw more of the academic side of the school.
- On UM/coaches; “If you’re good enough to play, it doesn’t matter what year you are. The only part that matters is showing that you’re the best player. Miami is getting better over the next couple years because they have something special in the program.”
- Primary Recruiter is Williams, likes him talks about life after football.
- On UM Interest; “I’m serious about them in my recruiting process,” Mullen said. “I haven’t really decided what it’s going to come down to but Miami is always going to stick."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah it's the class def not the coaches. Game recognize game and these kids know we got ballas on deck if we keep everyone committed.

I don't think people really hate Golden as a person, so I'm not surprised that recruits and their parents like him. its his scheme and philosophy that people have an issue with

Mullen and Saivion Smith are the best in-state CBs for 2016. I assume we have no shot with Smith. Mullen would be an absolutely enormous get, but I have zero faith that we'll be able to land him.

We all despise Golden, obviously. But Paul Williams' recruiting efforts/results are as pathetic as we've ever seen. The thought of him landing an elite corner like Mullen just doesn't seem realistic after what we've witnessed these past couple years.

Advertisement
Mullen and Saivion Smith are the best in-state CBs for 2016. I assume we have no shot with Smith. Mullen would be an absolutely enormous get, but I have zero faith that we'll be able to land him.

We all despise Golden, obviously. But Paul Williams' recruiting efforts/results are as pathetic as we've ever seen. The thought of him landing an elite corner like Mullen just doesn't seem realistic after what we've witnessed these past couple years.

Smith > Mullen but i wouldn take mullen in a heartbeat we need help bad.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think Hurlie is the one that should be sent after the must have recruits...He has the personality to get both the kids and parents on board...And let Swassey close the deal. I was talking to a few parents this past weekend and they were like me instantly had trust in him not necessarily as a strength and condition guy but as a person and the staff member that will spend the most time with our kids

I think Hurlie is the one that should be sent after the must have recruits...He has the personality to get both the kids and parents on board...And let Swassey close the deal. I was talking to a few parents this past weekend and they were like me instantly had trust in him not necessarily as a strength and condition guy but as a person and the staff member that will spend the most time with our kids

Completely agree, re: Hurlie. Interesting to hear that about Swasey as well. It just doesn't seem like we'd have any chance at landing Mullen if Paul Williams is his primary recruiter after two straight years of epic failure at CB recruiting and other obvious concerns.

IIRC, a poster who claimed to have info on Mullen said we'd have a chance at landing him if certain changes were made. Might not be too unrealistic to assume that he, like Tim Irvin, has no interest in having Williams as his position coach. We'll see, though.

Last edited:

Completely agree, re: Hurlie. It just doesn't seem like we'd have any chance at landing Mullen if Paul Williams is his primary recruiter for obvious reasons. IIRC, a poster who claimed to have info on Mullen said we'd have a chance at landing him if certain changes were made. Might not be too unrealistic to assume that he, like Tim Irvin, has no interest in having Williams as his position coach. We'll see, though.

What you mentioned about Mullen. You hit it right on. Someone close to him mentioned he's not too fond of Williams or the scheme. If things were different that he would be very open to Miami.

I'm sure the 2016 class does draw some attention though.

Smith and Mullen are elite. Size and speed. Both legitimate 6'1"+ and 4.3-4.4

Mullen a little more raw than Smith. Smith is more sound in technique right now.

Mullen tremendous athlete though. Plays receiver and special teams as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back