Mike Pinckney

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines High School Class of 2016 LB and Cane commitment Mike Pinckney says Cane coaches are recruiting him hard.

"Coach Hurlie (Brown) has come down to the school, and I've been talking to all the coaches," Pinckney said. "They makes sure I'm all in with them, which I am, talk about how we'll rebuild, about how probation now is over so we can start recruiting better. They say how everyone is doing and how we can build when I come in."

While Pinckney says "I'm a solid commitment," he also says "but I still am looking at other programs."

He adds "I'm paying attention to Tennessee just because (former teammate Kenny Bynum) goes there, is like my older brother. And I always keep an eye on Alabama, and they send me a lot of mail."

Pinckney says he's good friends with fellow LB commitment Zach McCloud, and the two talk regularly.

"I just got done talking to him," Pinckney said. "We talked about graduating early. We're both trying to do that. For sure I know I am, and he said he will try to get all his work in too. And Shaq (commitment Shaquille Quarterman) is going to try, too."

Pinckney says that "Miami tried to get me to graduate this year and I could have if I did some online work last summer, but I didn't think about it back then. Coming in early for the spring is one of the best opportunities I have to get to play - my class, we have a lot of talent coming in and I can get a better edge coming in early and learning the process so by the fall I'll be used to it."

How bright is the future at UM?

"We have a lot of people starting to believe, get the old U back," Pinckney said. "I feel our future is bright, we have a lot of talent coming in, once coaches use those new guys it will fall into place."

Pinckney finished this past season with 75 tackles, five for losses, and three sacks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't wait to have a defense (hopefully they all stay) of McCloud, Shaq, Pinckney, Jaquan, chad Thomas, Demetrius Jackson, Courtel, Moten etc.. one can only dream that we have a coach to use them the right way by then

Advertisement
Hurlie told him probation is over? Folden just told the world yesterday that we're still struggling with probation.

P.S. pay close attention to Pinckney's comment on Alabama. The minute they ask him to jump he'll say "how high?".

Going to be interesting how good of a coach golden can be with his talent

Yeah because this team wasn't full of all of his players.

Or maybe you think that if we have 85 4 star scholarship players Golden can scratch and claw his way to 7-5.

Get out of my face.

Get him out of my fcking face too while you're pushing him around.

Advertisement
Would of been nice if he came a year early.

Have to hold on to the 3.

As for linebackers..... bring me Donovan Thompson from Central along with those boys for 2016 and close up shop at the position for 2016. Straight studs.

Advertisement
Would of been nice if he came a year early.

Have to hold on to the 3.

As for linebackers..... bring me Donovan Thompson from Central along with those boys for 2016 and close up shop at the position for 2016. Straight studs.

Would of been nice if they all were a year early, we could use this trio of lb bad

Advertisement
Back