2016 wr...

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Plant City (Fla.) High School Class of 2016 WR/DB T.J. Chase lists 26 offers, including Miami.

"Miami offered me last spring," Chase said.

So far he's taken unofficial visits to Miami, Florida State, Florida and Clemson.

"I don't really have any favorites," he said. "I'm not worrying about recruiting too much right now."

He says he'll announce a top group of programs after he takes some more visits.

"That will probably be around the end of the summer," he said.

Chase says of the Hurricanes that "I like the way they go out there and compete. Coach (Larry) Scott is recruiting me to Miami - we've talked. He said he likes my film, says that I'm a playmaker and he'd like me to bring that to Miami."

Of what he wants in a college, Chase said, "I want a winning program, that's the main thing."

He adds that UM "can be back to that winning program, especially with the quarterback they have [Brad Kaaya]."

Chase was in the recruiting section for this year's UM-FSU game and says "It was great. I had a great experience.I loved the way they competed. That's U football."

He played defensive back as a sophomore and receiver this past season.

"I'm being recruited by colleges for both, but Miami wants me at receiver," he said.

Advertisement
He transferred to IMG academy before this season as a junior. Article is wrong, he was at Plant City as a sophomore.

And I really don't think we have a shot at him. More likely FSU or UF.

I know this kid and his family very well. T. Chase stays on the block in front of me and I talk to him and his dad often. Good family. I have watched him play ball since he was 10. He can legitimately play safety or wideout. Its also in his blood. His dad and uncles were all stand out football players at Plant City High.

His entire family are big FSU fans so he will get pushed a little that way. He asked me what do I think about Clemson, and FSU a few weeks ago. His twin sister is also going to Famu next year, so that is another factor because they are very close.

It will be a long shot to get T. Chase, but there is a chance. Last time I talked to him, he said he has no particular order but they are one of the schools he is taking a serious look at. I also brought him a UM dreadlock rasta hat for Christmas. His dad wont be to happy about that lol...

Last edited:
I've talked to him and his father several times seems like a really good kid and they both are very pro FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back