Freddie Pinder previews Junior season, updates recruitment

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
The Miami Hurricanes 2016 recruiting class is already off to an unbelievable start. Highlighted by three huge commitments from local wide receivers Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, and Dredrick Snelson, the 'Canes are sure to have a massive haul at the position.

But with so many talented receivers to choose from in the 2016 class, the 'Canes will not stop recruiting the position. Many would expect the 'Canes to sign up to five or six premier receivers in the class.

One of those possible signees is 6-foot-5, 195-pound stud, Freddie Pinder, out of Southridge High School. Miami was the first to offer Pinder in the spring and since then he has picked up offers from Louisville, West Virginia, South Carolina, Clemson, and Cincinnati.

Pinder says those offers made him even hungrier to prove that he is the real deal and that he had to push himself that much harder in summer conditioning.

"Me and my team were conditioning the whole summer," said Pinder. "Up until about a week ago when practice started we were conditioning and working on us. We are just focused on playing together and playing smart and that we are ready to go."

Now that the season has officially started, Pinder is focused on helping his team reach their goals and already has one game in particular he cannot wait for.

"It's my job to try and bring everybody together and just play for one another. I can't be selfish you know. I have to try and help everybody. That's what I'm focused on and I think that will help us get to where we want to be which is the state finals," said Pinder.

"For me I cannot wait until the Coral Gables game. They beat us last year and that stings. They are one of the teams that has been talking the most and that really just motivates us the most," Pinder added.

Being that he is one of the best underclassmen in the country, Pinder is hearing from a multitude of schools, but the hometown Hurricanes are the ones who stay in contact with him the most.

"Miami is definitely talking to me the most. I mean they are my leader because of their really great program. Every time I go down there they make me feel at home for sure. The coaches always bring me in and show me a lot of love."

When asked when he plans to commit, Pinder said more than likely after his junior season. So what would it take for a school to land Pinder's services.

"Facilities and my relationship with the coaches is big to me. I'm trying to go somewhere the coaches love me on and off the field," said Pinder.

**Pinder plans on attending the Louisville vs. Miami game on Labor Day night

Advertisement
Give me Pinder and Newbold and close up shop for 2016 receivers.

I like Pinders size and game more than Victor too and Pinder is from the Ridge.

And I and others have always thought Newbold is a stud.

Telling you. Most realistic and makes sense, and all are super talented. Give me.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

That is an elite haul that cannot be mirrored by any others haul in all of 2016.

Telling you. Most realistic and makes sense, and all are super talented. Give me.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

That is an elite haul that cannot be mirrored by any others haul in all of 2016.

dammit mane you rave about Newbold so much, really can't wait to see what he does this year.

Advertisement

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

dammit mane you rave about Newbold so much, really can't wait to see what he does this year.

Lets put it this way. I was always high on Mullins since way back but ever since started seeing what Newbold does. I swear, ask Pete, Tito, Nash. The kid is the goods and I just love his confidence. He wants to be the best. He killed it in Carol City spring game and the 7 on 7 meets.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

Lets put it this way. I was always high on Mullins since way back but ever since started seeing what Newbold does. I swear, ask Pete, Tito, Nash. The kid is the goods and I just love his confidence. He wants to be the best. He killed it in Carol City spring game and the 7 on 7 meets.

Newbold and Pinder are both guys i haven't seen much of, but i've heard rave reviews i'll be on the look out for those 2 this season for sure. anybody you would compare Newbold too?

Here's Pinder's highlights for those who have yet to see them

[video=youtube;X0q9_AEYBz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0q9_AEYBz0[/video]

uses his body well, and blocks pretty well his team seem to like running to the side of the field he is on. he's a match up nightmare, from the ridge. stud.

Advertisement
He'll be a fantastic addition to the burners we got already committed for 2016 and would add additional size when you include Peete in 2015. With Grosier at 6'6", Chapman 6'4" and Spence at 6'2", the 2015 class will be huge. Adding Pinder to 2016 class would be a scary challenge to defenses.

Looks solid. Tall, long arms, high points the ball most of the time. Looked to be a touchdown machine, but I don't expect him to be any type of star based on that highlight. No matter the siZe I like to see a little more separation in high school.

Advertisement
Naw. give me peete. Besides blocking and jump balls i dont see much. I dont want us to bring in a buch of guys that will get surpassed when those 2016 guys come in. We have a 6'6 project. Chatman who is 6'4 who is solid, and Spence is no shorty at 6'2. soon we might be the college version of the tampa bay bucs

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

Newbold and Pinder are both guys i haven't seen much of, but i've heard rave reviews i'll be on the look out for those 2 this season for sure. anybody you would compare Newbold too?

Ok i didnt want to say anything but steven is my lil cousin and as long as the U wants him and shows interest he will be a part of the 2016 class. Im getting with him to make sure his grades stay good and just lettibg him know its all about the U. I like pinder but imo lil steve is the truth.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

Ok i didnt want to say anything but steven is my lil cousin and as long as the U wants him and shows interest he will be a part of the 2016 class. Im getting with him to make sure his grades stay good and just lettibg him know its all about the U. I like pinder but imo lil steve is the truth.

Advertisement

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

Don't kill me for this. A slightly shorter Stacy Coley. Newbold about 5'10-5'11, still might grow a little. Been getting the Coley raves for some time now.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

195.gif

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins (ATH)
Steven Newbold
Ahmmon Richards (ATH)
Freddie Pinder
Dredrick Snelson

We got t get him on board . With the addition of him. That would be crazy at wideout

Naw. give me peete. Besides blocking and jump balls i dont see much. I dont want us to bring in a buch of guys that will get surpassed when those 2016 guys come in. We have a 6'6 project. Chatman who is 6'4 who is solid, and Spence is no shorty at 6'2. soon we might be the college version of the tampa bay bucs

Pinder is 2016

Advertisement
Back