Cornerback
Hallandale, FL (Hallandale)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 190
CLASS OF 2016

1294520.jpg

HURRICANES LAND A CORNERBACK
Bill GreeneBill Greene
Ohio recruiting analyst

BREAKING NEWS----- Miami has just landed a commitment from 2016 cornerback Deion Jackson. A late bloomer out of Hallandale, Jackson is blowing up on the 7on7 circuit.

Miami has accepted the commitment of 2016 Deion Jackson, who committed to the school at practice Wednesday. The Hallandale product has great length and quick feet.

Jackson, 6-foot-2, 185-pounds, was hurt as a junior, but has been playing at a high level for the South Florida Express 7on7 team. He talked about his pledge to the Hurricanes.

"I have committed to Miami," Jackson stated. "I love the school and I think Al Golden is a great coach that can help my develop my talents fully. I love the academic reputation the school has, and that means a lot to me too."

"I think I can add to their defense, and help them get better on that side of the football," he added. "Being close to home only makes it even better for my family and friends to come see me play."

"I don't really have any close friends on the team, but there are a few guys I do know a little," he continued. "Miami is a such a great program and has put so many players into the NFL, that I'm honored to be a part of this school."

Hallandale head coach Dameon Jones also spoke highly of his player.

"Miami is getting a cornerback that is long and athletic, and he's going to be a really good player," Jones stated. "He has great man cover skills and can play the football in the air. He was hurt as a junior or his name would be out there a lot more. He's a leader as well as a great player. This is one of the top corners in the country."

Jackson is the 19th commitment to the 2016 Miami recruiting class.

Last edited:
Hinson is now a composite 4 star.

Had mentioned this before but where Pinckney and Simmons are rated in linebacker rankings on respective sites. Very very very good chance both can be rated 4* at the end of the process compared to how many 5 and 4 stars have been in linebacker rankings in previous recruiting class years.

IMO Burnett, Rasul and Jackson(if he plays up to the hype when film comes out for senior year) could end up 4 stars.

I think Gil, Wiggins, and Johnson could be high 3 to low 4 star prospects as well.

Had mentioned this to DMoney. We feel as if every commit that Miami has in 2016 currently are all Miami caliber which is a change from previous years. I have the same feeling on the 2017 kids and I'm a fan of Blades Jr in 2018 as that kid loves to run his mouth and he's rowdy like his father from what I've seen in the past.

While it's premature, for now. Miami is getting the right kids moving forward. Things can change though.

Last edited:
Im pretty surprised we have no OL in this class. But we are closing in on the limit to this class. I don't think we can really go over 25 for this class.
Gardner, Mullin, Snelson, Pinder are all takes if they commit. Not too much room for OL, guess that's why we loaded up this past class.
Plus still need DT, and DB's and this class is good.
I expect Rasul to decommit, so we need another RB too.

Need at least 3 DTs

IMO It should only be 2 DT's in this class tops. I think they just need to develop the ones that are here.

2016 Returning DT's

NT
  1. Earl Moore RSR
  2. Courtel Jenkins JR
  3. Kendrick Norton RFR
  4. Ryan Fines RFR

DT
  1. Jelani Hamilton RSR
  2. Anthony Moten JR
  3. Richard McIntosh, Jr. RFR

Currently 2016 commit
Keyshon Camp

Advertisement
Need at least 3 DTs

You can consider Gerald Willis as another one.

Give me that monster Aaron Thompson from Dillard and close up shop with...

Keyshon Camp, Aaron Thompson, Gerald Willis (RS Sophomore, when he is eligible for 2016.)

2/21/15:
Jamel Cook, Keir Thomas, Emmit Rice to FSU

Hinson is now a composite 4 star.

247 rankings are weird. The composite consists of the average of the 4 rating services: ESPN, Rival, Scout, 247Sports. The funny thing with Hinson is that the only service to evaluate him so far is 247Sports who rated him a 89. That is why his composite is 89. However, a 89 rating for 247Sports is a 3 star but in their composite ranking 89 is a 4 star.

So Hinson is rated a high 3 star by the only service to rate him (247) but their high 3 star is considered a 4 star for composite. They should just adjust their system to match the composite.

Last edited:
Im pretty surprised we have no OL in this class. But we are closing in on the limit to this class. I don't think we can really go over 25 for this class.
Gardner, Mullin, Snelson, Pinder are all takes if they commit. Not too much room for OL, guess that's why we loaded up this past class.
Plus still need DT, and DB's and this class is good.
I expect Rasul to decommit, so we need another RB too.

Not much room for OL after signing 6 in 2015. I think we take 2 good ones to upgrade the guys who fall off due to competition.
We will go over 25 this class.

There are so many good players that we have offered at WR, RB, LB, S with all the commits so far, i wouldn't mind shutting down the CB and WR positions with the addition of the Creek Trio. That will make it 5 CB and 5 WR in this class. A lot of guys will get left out in the end if they choose to wait. Not too many lower rated guys that we can drop in this class in order to make room.

proxy.php

We are expected to go over 25 if you include the guys that will EE

Kidd and Goudis are no longer on the team, maybe they give some walk on a ship

Kidd and Goudis does not really help and neither will Crawford for 2016. Goudis was expected if he lost the starting job to Badgley. Kidd was not going to get a scholarship if he came back in 2016.

Last edited:
Need at least 3 DTs

You can consider Gerald Willis as another one.

Give me that monster Aaron Thompson from Dillard and close up shop with...

Keyshon Camp, Aaron Thompson, Gerald Willis (RS Sophomore, when he is eligible for 2016.)

Is Willis a DT or DE? He was listed as 6'2" 255 last year. I can't see him getting much bigger than 275 with his 6'2 frame and I can't see our staff playing a 255 lbs DT.

He is a DE and will be playing behind Chad next season.

Advertisement
Bartow said he posted 10 updates on our recruits on 247
http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Canes-in-charge-for-Wilson--35835508
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Running back Laderrien Wilson (Kissimmee, Fla./Osceola) said Miami leads Western Michigan.
Both schools have verbally offered, per Wilson.
Wilson said he plans to visit Miami this spring and could potentially commit then.

There is one on Chauncey Gardener
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-old-favorites-high-for-Gardner-35836013
say's he likes UM UF OHST LSU Ole Miss & Michigan, currently running and focusing on track so he has no spring/summer visits lined up.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/New-Miami-CB-commit-earns-high-praise-35834114
Deion Jackson
New Miami cornerback commit Deion Jackson out of Hallandale (Fla.) High School has flown under the radar because an injury limited his junior season but he is quickly turning heads now that he is healthy. Jackson plays 7on7 for the South Florida Express, a team that has boasted numerous highly regarded defensive backs like Tracy Howard, Sojourn Shelton, Quincy Wilson, Gerrod Holliman and others. Express head coach Brett Goetz thinks that Jackson could be better than all of them.

"The best cornerback we have had in eight years of [South Florida Express]," Goetz said when asked about Jackson.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Three-stick-out-for-Woods--35844362
Jordan Woods (Ocala, Fla./Trinity Catholic)
has UF FSU and UGA in front.
Woods said Miami is recruiting him the hardest led by Hurricanes tight ends coach Larry Scott.
"Just look at what Miami can give you," Woods said. "Tradition. What they have done. It's not as pretty right now but down the road it can be pretty. They happen to have the same coaching staff (that's been recruiting me)."
Wants to visit UF UGA UM & Michigan

Patrick Bethel
http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Bethel-says-hes-wide-open--35836948
say's he's wide open
dads staying out of it
wants to visit UM UF FSU again.

That's really it.

Keldric Preston has us as his leader

In other classes he may be a take, but in this class no way the staff should take this commitment when we still have bethel, murda and others on the board left, lets end this thing with quality

I agree. Preston isn't a take. But who is murda?

JaQuan Bailey, it should be an in state battle with him, we are also recruiting Brian Burns and two IMG teammates that are solid players including Manuel. A guy I'm really big on is Shemar Smith, from Miami Jackson, an undersized DE who has been brought up on here before and made All-Dade.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the original commits all love the U and are pretty solid, this is the core of our recruiting class. They are also the highest rated of the group. I don't want to lose anyone from this group and none have shown sign of wavering so far with the exception of Bruce. Most of these guy had lots of offers on the tables when they committed so they are used to the attention. I think Mike and Zach are the 2 unknowns when they committed but have remained loyal after getting more attention.

Pickney - 6/21/14
Alison - 6/23/14
Shaq - 6/25/14
Mullins - 7/4/14
Bruce - 7/21/14 (Love the U but hard to keep)
Richards - 7/22/14
McCloud - 11/17/14

FYI: I also thought Snelson fell in the same category but Bruce is in a similar situation where they are getting heavily recruited and have a lot of negative voices around them.

The guys that committed this year:
Wright - 1/25/15 (Solid, life long Cane)
Jackson - 1/25/15 (Solid, friends with Mullins and Wright)
Rasul - 1/25/15 (Not sure why he committed)
Gil - 1/26/15 (Not sure, don't know much about him)
Byrd - 2/3/15 (Not sure if he will stick, flipped from UF and was a Gator growing up)
Hinson - 2/13/15 (Solid, seems loyal)
Wiggins - 2/13/15 (Not Sure, don't know much about him)
Johnson - 2/16/15 (Not sure, flipped from UL)
Burnett - 2/16/15 (Solid, life long Cane)
Simmons - 2/18/15 (Solid, life long Cane)
Jackson - 2/24/15 (Not sure, don't know much about him)

A lot of the new guys are just starting to get the full court press from other teams so it will be interesting to see who remains loyal. Wright, Jackson and Byrd are the exceptions as they all have multiple big time offers. The rest will be getting more big time offers as they get the publicity as a UM commit. Rasul & Camp are 2 good examples of this.

Last edited:
16366611969_16e7a1b6e0_b.jpg

Rivals | 247Sports | hudl

Aaron Thompson
Defensive Tackle
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)
Ht: 6-3.5 | Wt: 255

2016 DL THOMPSON WOULD COMMIT IF OFFERED
by Tito Benach Follow @
Published on 05-11-2014 04:10 PM 15 Comments Comments
2016 Dillard (Fla.) defensive tackle Aaron Thompson isn’t a very large name in the South Florida high school spotlight at the moment, but he plans on changing that with this upcoming season.

“Yeah of course, I’m just trying to get out there and I’m gonna try my best this year to prove my name.”

Thompson is working with his team currently with spring football and feels the improvement and leaps the team is making.

“Spring is going great and we just played South Dade in a scrimmage game and we did very good.”

The 6’4 239 pound linemen has already racked up three offers from FIU, FAU and Pittsburgh, However, he is still receiving interest from a number of other schools.

“I’m talking to the University of Miami, Auburn, University of Florida and a whole bunch of other schools.”

The Hurricanes stand out the most to the powerful defensive tackle as he has had a passion for them ever since he was a young child.

“I’ve always the university of Miami since I was a little kid. Ray Lewis and Ed reed we’re players I liked growing up.”

While the ‘Canes have yet to offer, it wouldn’t be a difficult decision for Thompson if he ever gets one.

“It would mean a lot because it’s my dream school; I would love to go there. If Miami were to offer me I would commit right there.”

The Gators are another school that is showing interest in the Dillard product.

“I went to their camp last year and got to see the school and talk to some of their coaches.”

Thompson is looking to add interest from other schools including Florida State, Alabama and N.C State.

During the summer, the Thompson plans to attend camps at the University of Miami as well as Florida State.

2943733.jpg

Video | 247Sports | Rivals | ESPN | Scout | Twitter | Offer | 4/25/14

Malik Barrow
Strong-Side Defensive End
Tampa, FL (IMG Academy)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 245

Strongside defensive end
Bradenton, Florida
IMG Academy

Ht:6'2"
Wt:260 lbs
40:4.9 secs
Bench Max:240
Vertical:30 inches
Class:2016 (High School)

Malik Barrow, DT/DE
ESPN Junior 300 ranking: Three Star

Versatile defensive end and tackle Barrow had Ohio State and Michigan State out in front, but was patiently waiting on one big offer. On Feb. 11, that offer came and potentially changed the course of the 6-foot-3, 260-pounders recruitment.

“I just got a Miami offer,” Barrow said. “That’s a big one for me. It was last Tuesday. I really like Miami and they have always been one of my favorite schools. I like the swag they had when I was kid and the type of team they had.”

In two weeks, the former Tampa Catholic standout will take a visit to Coral Gables.

“I’m going to Miami for a visit Feb. 28, and Alabama sometime. I’m also going to Ohio State’s spring game and that’s about it.”

The offer from the Hurricanes hasn’t knocked out the Buckeyes and Spartans. Barrow said there are four teams showing the most interest.

“Right now, maybe Ohio State and Michigan State are really recruiting me hard. Miami now and North Carolina is starting to come into the mix.”

Barrow currently has 18 offers. Florida and LSU are two schools yet to offer that could impact his recruitment and future decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
proxy-0e793bfef4e7952cfccdcae583461eca.png

hudl | 247Sports | Rivals | ESPN | Scout | Twitter

Freddie Pinder
Wide Receiver
Miami, FL (Miami Southridge)
Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 195 | 40: 4.60
CLASS OF 2016

MIAMI IS THE FRONT-RUNNER FOR 6-FOOT-5 WR
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst

This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.

Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes are the clear front-runner for 6-foot-5 Miami (Fla.) Southridge wide receiver Freddie Pinder.

South Florida Express gunslingers, Tyler Huntley and Jake Allen, are blessed with the opportunity to play pitch and catch with a handful of wide receivers that have the capabilities to be No. 1 options on any given play.

Due to his prototypical size on the perimeter, one student-athlete that's a nagging headache for the majority of defensive backs is Freddie Pinder, a 6-foot-5 junior out of Miami (Fla.) Southridge High School. Pinder is a red zone threat with excellent ball skills. The massive target shows good body control and is a handful during jump ball situations as well.

Pinder was in Cocoa Beach over the weekend to participate in the Pylon 7-on-7 tournament. and relished the opportunity to prove his worth with some of the nation's elite talent on hand.

"It feels good and I'm ready to compete, everybody is ready to compete," Pinder said. "It feels good because I haven't laced up the cleats since practice. I'm out here trying to get better at everything. There's always a way to get better at something."

FREDDIE PINDER
Miami Southridge HS / 6'5" / 200 lbs
POSITION: WR

With recruiting season in full swing, Pinder is in possession of a gaudy offer sheet consisting of Miami, Notre Dame, Clemson, West Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Louisville and Mississippi State. The three-star prospect is grateful for his latest offer from Tim Beckman and Illinois, but admits that he's not the most familiar with the team residing Champaign.

"I don't know too much about Illinois, but the offer hit me out of nowhere," Pinder said. "I was just thankful to have an offer from them, so I give thanks to them just for looking at me."

Growing up in Dade County, the Hurricanes were the childhood favorite and are currently in the drivers seat in regards to Pinder's recruitment.

"They show the most love and every coach from every position keeps in contact every day, every morning and every night," Pinder said. "They make sure I'm good and all that. The U is still leading."

Pinder says he plans on attending junior days at Florida State and Tennessee in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
image-bd2d4cd7f7b7dd4232270b91de572b0b.jpg

JoJo Jackson, Greg Simmons, Isaiah Johnson

Miami NFTC (3/1/15)
Notebook | Updates | 247Sports

On Saturday, Nike Football's 'The Opening Regional' took over the campus of American Heritage-Plantation as some of the top talent from across the state came to show their skills and hopefully earn the golden ticket to attend Nike's 'The Opening'.

I spoke with numerous 'Canes recruits at the camp and below are their thoughts.

3458280.jpg

2016 Dwyer (Fla.) WR Isaiah Johnson (Miami commit):
"It's great to be committed to your hometown team you know," said Johnson. Johnson was originally committed to Louisville but chose to pledge to the Hurricanes a few weeks ago. "They have such a history. They have so many great players that have come through there and me having the chance to come through and fill their shoes is great. I mean I grew up watching the 'Canes and that's just my dream team." When asked about the 'Canes tremendous 2016 class known as the #Swag16 , Johnson responded with "Yeah, I like it. We're pretty stacked right now (laughs). Johnson also happens to be high school teammates with 2017 Miami commit Todd Centeio whom Johnson loves. "It's great you know because when we get down there we'll already have that connection from high school and that will help us both."

B_8XD8uVIAA_9N_.jpg

2016 Miami LB Commit Zach McCloud from Santaluces measures in at 6'2" 220

2016 Santaluces (Fla.) OLB Zach McCloud (Miami commit):
McCloud has been committed to Miami since mid-November and has been one of the more vocal members of the #Swag16 recruiting class. "I love the class so far. Knowing that I'm apart of it is a huge confidence booster when I'm on the field," said McCloud. "I don't know of any guys I'm going to be recruiting to come with me because if you don't want to be a part of Miami you shouldn't go there. I shouldn't have to urge them along." The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder looked really good throughout the day as he showcased his skills. What made McCloud choose Miami so early in the process? "Well I've got a lot of family in Miami and I can see that they are on the come-up." McCloud is ecstatic about playing for the 'Canes and when he gets there he is expected to be used as a Sam.

2016 Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) DB Devin Studstill:
"I've gotten a lot of big offers lately and I'm just enjoying the process," said Studstill. "I plan on going to West Virginia, Penn State, and I'll definitely be back at Miami again." The Canes have offered the rising senior and are making him a priority. "I like the 'Canes a lot because it's all love with them. I talk to them almost everyday. I was down there for a Junior day not too long ago and the coaches want me to end up playing safety there." Studstill also explained to me how he had been following the 'Canes recent recruiting success. "Oh yeah, I've been following it. We've been getting a lot of good linebackers and offensive lineman just some real good guys to play behind."

2016 Coconut Creek (Fla.) OLB Alexy Jean Baptiste:
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound linebacker has blown up this offseason as he recently brought in offers from Miami, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, and West Virginia among a handful of others. He says he plans to attend Miami's spring game. "I'm looking for a school that fits me perfect and somewhere with a good criminal justice program." He has no leader early on in his recruitment.

2016 American Heritage-Plantation (Fla.) DE Brian Burns:
Burns has a offer from Miami and added offers from Georgia, Florida, and Florida State this past week. "Georgia wants to use me in a variety of ways," said Burns. "I really like how the FSU coaches were genuine and kept it real with me." For Miami, they remain in contact with Burns but he says he has yet to talk with the new defensive line coach Kareem Brown. Plans to take visits to South Carolina , LSU, and Clemson this spring.

Miami NFTC updates per 247
- Pinder still has UM on top, Tennessee 2nd.
- Bruce wants to visit Auburn and the big 3
- Keyshawn Young has 'Bama, FSU & UGA out in front
- Josh Hammond is wide open plans to be EE
- Ridley wide open
- OHST leading for Treavon Grimes
- Nick Eubanks is UM's #1 TE target. 'Bama leads.
- Henley names UM leader
- Devin Studstill says Miami is in a very good position for him. close friends with Richards and Centeio.
- Mullen decked out in LSU gear :(
- Trajan Bandy still has Tennessee on top

"Miami pledge Greg Simmons of Ft. Pierce (Fla.) Central was arguably the best pass rusher in the linebacker group, and more than held during pass coverage drills. "

2016 Miami DE Commit Joseph Jackson from Gulliver Prep measures in at 6'5" 237 and ran a 4.83 forty. People are saying he looks very impressive.

2016 FSU S Commit Jamel Cook from Miami Central measures in at 6'4.5" 185

2016 DE Brian Burns from American Heritage ran 4.76 forty, 34 inch vertical and 4.5 shuttle.

2016 WR and former Miami Commit Dredrick Snelson from American Heritage lists FSU, UF and Auburn as his top 3. Was in FSU shoes today.

2016 UF LB Vosean Joseph from Norland measures in at 6'2" 207

2016 UF DE Eric Mitchell from Miami Central measures in at 6'1" 221

2016 WR Darnell Salomon from Miami Central measures in at 6'3" 205, Bama is the leader apparently.

First four invites for the opening from the Miami NFTC.
Sam Bruce, Brian Burns, Devin Bush Jr., Trayvon Mullen

MVPs for the camp:
SPARQ: Travis Homer - 2016 Oxbridge Academy
QB - Tyler Huntley - 2016 Hallandale
RB - Devin Singletary - 2016 American Heritage
WR - Trevon Grimes - 2017 St. Thomas Aquinas
OL - Tedarrell Slaton - 2017 American Heritage
DL - Brian Burns - 2016 American Heritage
LB - Bryce Handy - 2016 Columbus (Cane Legacy)
DB - Korel Smith - 2016 Miramar

6_3458792.jpg

DE Brian Burns, WR Sam Bruce, LB Devin Bush Jr. and CB Trayvon Mullen all earned invites to Nike's The Opening.

Miami Nike Opening Regional Top Performers
Luke Stampini - Feb 28, 3:53 PM 44

PLANTATION, Fla. – The first Nike Football Opening Regional (formerly Nike Football Training Camp) took place Saturday in South Florida. The camp was loaded with top talent once again. 247Sports recaps the day’s top performers.

Got Open
Four participants received invites to The Opening Saturday, which held in July on Nike’s World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage defensive end Brian Burns used his speed off the edge to get to the quarterback repeatedly during one-on-one drills. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound prospect showed an excellent first step and plus athleticism at the defense end spot.

The second invite was handed to Hollywood (Fla.) Flanagan linebacker Devin Bush Jr. The 6-foot, 210-pound prospect is very instinctual and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Perhaps the most well know prospect to receive an invite was Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Sam Bruce. The diminutive speedster flashed that short area quickness that makes him so tough to cover in the slot.

Coconut Creek (Fla.) cornerback Trayvon Mullen was the final invite from Saturday’s camp. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound cover corner flashed elite ball skills during one-on-one and seven-on-seven drills coming away with several interceptions.

Look for more from the South Florida regional to earn invites to The Opening at a later date.

Position MVPs
Quarterback MVP Tyler Huntley of Hallandale (Fla.) was consistent all day long. The 6-foot-1 signal caller was accurate with his passes and displayed excellent touch on his ball.

Running back MVP Devin Singletary of Delray Beach (Fla.) American Heritage showed a good change of direction and quick feet in drills. Despite being only 5-foot-9, Singletary is still well built in the upper body.

Wide receiver MVP Trevon Grimes of Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas is only a 2017 prospect, but flashed the five-star potential. The 6-foot-3, 190-pounder was able to get open deep consistently during one-on-one and seven-on-seven drills.

Offensive line MVP Tedarrell Slaton of Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage is another 2017 that really put on a show Saturday. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound prospect stoned defensive lineman after defensive lineman during one-on-one drills. He rarely, if ever, gets off balance and has a very sturdy base. Look for Slaton to make a move into the Top247.

Defensive line MVP Brian Burns of Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage was simply unstoppable crashing off the edge. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound prospect is extremely athletic for a defensive end.

Linebacker MVP Bryce Handy of Miami (Fla.) Columbus came away with top honors in a rather loaded position group. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound prospect played with aggression during pass rushing drills.

Defensive back MVP Korel Smith of Miramar (Fla.) was feisty in coverage. The 5-foot-9 did an excellent job staying attached to receiver most of the day.

More Notable Performances
Miami Central’s Florida State pledges impress

While he did not earn any recognition from the Nike staff, the prospect that impressed the 247Sports team was Miami (Fla.) Central safety Jamel Cook. The Florida State commit measured in at 6-foot-4.5, 185-pound and showed good coverage ability at that size. He took snaps at corner where he was able to stay attached to Sam Bruce on a double move. Look for Cook to rise up the rankings after Saturday’s showing.

Despite not having ideal defensive end size at 6-foot-2, Keir Thomas, another Central product committed to the ‘Noles, was very active on the day. Thomas was deceptively quick off the edge and used that to beat offensive lineman all day long.

Solid Linebacking Corps
The linebacker group showed it was one of the more talented group at the camp, headed by commits from the Big Three. Miami pledge Greg Simmons of Ft. Pierce (Fla.) Central was arguably the best pass rusher in the linebacker group, and more than held during pass coverage drills. Florida pledge Vosean Joseph of Miami (Fla.) Central put up an overall sound performance, showing he was one of the better prospects in coverage. Florida State pledge Emmett Rice of Miami (Fla.) Norland Emmett is still very lean, but flashed elite athleticism.

Victor Pushing for Top WR in Florida
Coconut Creek (Fla.) wide receiver Binjimen Victor had yet another strong showing Saturday. The 6-foot-4, 175-pound prospect runs smooth routes and uses his length well. Victor also flashed enough speed to get over the top of the defense to stretch the field vertically. Perhaps the catch of the day came from Victor when he beat the corner easily off the line of scrimmage on a fade, however, an errant pass cause him to reach out with one hand and pluck the throw for a touchdown.

RB Homer Impresses
West Palm Beach (Fla.) Oxbridge Academy running back Travis Homer had the top SPARQ score on the day after recording a 4.55-second forty, 4.03-second short shuttle, 37-inch vertical jump and a 40-foot power ball toss at 5-foot-10, 195-pounds. On top of the elite combine numbers, Homer was the best running back in pass protection drills.

***247Sports' analysts David Lake, Ryan Bartow and Josh Newberg contributed to this article***

Last edited:
3459865.jpg

Orlando NFTC Updates per 247 (3/1/15)
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/86773-Orlando-NFTC-Updates-per-247 | Shaq

- Rahshaun Smith says Clemson, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miami and FSU are making him feel like a priority early. From the Baltimore area and is close with 2015 signee Lawrence Cager.
- Darrian Felix has Miami as his leader after visiting last week.
- Keldric Preston measured in at 6-4, 240. He went to a Miami junior day in February and is now very high on UM.
- Marcus Tatum names Miami and Florida his leaders.
- 4-star DE Jordan Woods said he has high interest in Florida, FSU, Georgia and Miami.

Uknowwhat
Shaq had 3 picks in the 7 on 7 dropped a 4th...unstoppable in RB vs LB pass protection. .. No invite not surprise.. he is boring to the press..not going to make alot of noise to be seen...unwavering commitment to Miami...but we are good with that... #can 't wait

For the showcase 7 on 7 Shaq and Rashaun were paired together with Shaq inside and Rashuan at OLB they did very well...Rashaun won the MVP but really didn't blow me away...as that guy i got to look at his film before casting final judgement. The kid looks **** good on his film...i give him his credit...he is a baller

Who stood out?
Running Back from IMG (Tony Jones) can't remember his name looked really good...Chauncey Gardner looked really good...Felipe Franks looked good....Rashaun Smith was ok i know I'm bias but Shaq was smoother ... I honestly like Zach and Mike better again I'm a bit bias

Greg is a blue collar linebacker...reads and fills very well..makes plays after coming off of blocks..plays heavier than 210...baller
Gil is more white collar athlete...better suited at safety..one of those instinctive players always at the right place at the right time smaller and maybe a quicker version of Mike
Pinkney...but Gil too is a baller..gotta keep them together...Win

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back