Class of 2016: updated as of 1/21/18

Advertisement
Just wanna say that this thread is awesome....thank you HurricaneWarrior! We all appreciate this

i-5fe433f52c1ace2fa488513924ac9509.jpg

hudl | 247

Naseir Upshur
Tight End, Weak-Side Defensive End
Philadelphia, PA (Imhotep Institute)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 233 | 40: 4.70

Naseir Upshur (NYCane)
he is a kid that has been retweeting about visiting miami all weekend. he is a 16' kid will play TE. i actually brought him to Coley's attention, my buddy was his coach. He has offers from all the major programs including Bama. He was thinking of going to Maryland because his buddy who is a really talented WR is going there. The staff evaluated his buddy who light up micah fitzpatrick at a camp but it looks like cager sealed deal he wont get an offer. I still think we have a shot at Upshur in 16'. that same high school produced alot of top talent including Jaelan Strong at arizona st.

upshur.jpg

Naseir Upshur 2016
Loved the visit

Hung out with cager and kayaa obviously nothing but great things to say about them
cagerUpshur.jpg

Spent alot of time with golden thinks he is a great coach and loves the way we get the ball to the tight ends

Very high on miami

At this point its a two horse race us and s carolina

Once again i cant believe the pull cager has with kids from everywhere he is a must must!! Get the kid has more pull in s fla than the kids from s fla and it seems just about everywhere he just has "it"

Last edited:
1323191.jpg

hudl

Trayvon Mullen
Cornerback
Pompano Beach, FL (Coconut Creek)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 175 | 40: 4.37

ua_combine11.jpg

From left: Trevon Grimes (STA), Dredrick Snelson (American Heritage), Trayvon Mullen (Coconut Creek) & Sam Bruce (STA) participate in the Under Armour Underclassmen Combine in Orlando (Source: SFHSSports)

Mullen has been on the radar screen the past year after a strong showing at off season 7-on-7 events and then during this past season where he came up huge for the Cougars. The chance to compete against some of the nation’s elite prospects turned out to be a huge thrill.

“This was a great thing to come to,” he explained. “We spent the two hours learning and competing – which was tremendous.”

Mullen also had the opportunity to be singled out during the session by Sanders, who should know a thing or two about elite defensive back prospects.

“That is a young man who really has a great future,” Sanders said to one of the other coaches working the event. “Look at how he flows through his drills and his cover skills are tremendous for someone that is that tall (6-foot-2).”

Trayvon Mullen Junior Day 247 Update

“I wanted to go just as much as they wanted to have me there. They’re always hyped any time I decided to come by."

- Saw more of the academic side of the school.
- On UM/coaches; “If you’re good enough to play, it doesn’t matter what year you are. The only part that matters is showing that you’re the best p_layer_. Miami is getting better over the next couple years because they have something special in the program.”

- Primary Recruiter is Williams, likes him talks about life after football.
- On UM Interest; “I’m serious about them in my recruiting process,” Mullen said. “I haven’t really decided what it’s going to come down to but Miami is always going to stick."

miamiESPNcrootin.jpg

hudl | 247

Binjimen Victor
Wide Receiver
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Coconut Creek)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 170 | 40: 4.60

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love seeing commits wearing Canes gear that looks like it came from their closet as opposed to a recent purchase from the UM book store.

Golden sticks and half these commits will be gone. Chud becomes new HC and all these boys stick!

Advertisement
This is not a thread about coaching or the staff. Keep your **** on your own threads.

Oh you OWN this thread now?

LOL...you and your 45 Don Bailey Jr aliases are a disgrace. 2015 signing day is 2 days away and all you have to hang your hat on is NEXT years class...doesn't that rattle any alarm bells in those 1 or 2 brain cells you have that actually work

FIRE GOLDEN. Would neg again

DM_PALRIDGENAPLES_480_6725931_ver1.jpg

Scout | Rivals | ESPN | hdl

TYLER BYRD
Naples HS
COMMITTED: 02/03/2015 VERBAL
POSITION: CB
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'11"/195
VERIFIED 40 TIME: 4.61
Naples, FL

Naples High School junior Tyler Byrd is the best college recruit in the area and among the best in the country according to one prominent national rankings list.

Byrd, a University of Miami commit, recently was tabbed the 51st-best p_layer_ in the Class of 2016 by ESPN. The 6-foot, 194-pound receiver and defensive back is the only Southwest Florida player named in the ESPN Junior 300.

A four-star recruit (out of five), Byrd is listed simply as an athlete because of his two-way ability. On ESPN's list of the best athletes in the junior class, Byrd is No. 4 in the nation and the top one in Florida. He's also ranked the No. 11 overall junior player in the state.

Byrd captured the area's attention by totaling 759 all-purpose yards and nine touchdowns as a freshman. He led the team with 451 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2012.

Last year Byrd switched to defensive back, where he had 48 tackles and two interceptions. He also filled in at receiver late in the season, playing on both sides of the ball. This past spring Byrd won a state championship in the long jump.

No local players were listed in the ESPN Senior 300 rankings of the best players in the Class of 2015.

102.54 SPARQ

Tyler Bryd
Naples, FL
WR 2016
5-11.5
40: 4.61
SH: 4.59
KPB: 38.0
VJ: 38.8
SPARQ: 102.54

This Florida Gator commit made the two hour drive from Naples to North Miami and certainly made it count as he posted the highest score of the day with a 102.54 SPARQ rating. Byrd, who is a natural ball-hawk, displayed his 38.8 inch vertical leap left people in awe of his overall athletic ability. Byrd also has a lot of traits that college coaches like.

“They like that I’m a physical player. Also that I play for the team and that I give it my all,” said Byrd. “I just want to get faster and stronger and hopefully help the team win states.”

6_3409175.jpg

Last edited:
Swag16 will be Al only talking point today
We get some great Additions today for the 15 class, but Al and staff has botched this class so he will redirect everyone to next year

Advertisement
Now that 2015 is done, it time for SWAG 16!
2016Swag.jpg

Based on today, we will have room to sign over 30. A lot of these guys are planning to be early enrollees too, so that will help.

Last edited:
Now that 2015 is done, it time for SWAG 16!
2016Swag.jpg

Based on today, we will have room to sign over 30. A lot of these guys are planning to be early enrollees too, so that will help.

You serious about being able to sign over 30?

yes! we gotta wait for the official number n hope that Golden doesn't waste any more scholarships on JAGS but '15 EE can count for 14 (we have the space) so the '15 total should be low. if we can get like 8-10 EE for '16 to have some count for '15, then we can take a full class of 25 (minus at least 1 per sanctions) + the extra spots from the '15 class. it'll become more clear in the next week or so

Advertisement
Tyler Byrd throwing up the []_[] with my boys aunt!!

Hey bruh, based on what you know, is he legit interested in coming to UM or is this just a "place holder" commit? Not tryna be negative but this commit really came out of nowhere..lol. Thanks in advance.

Lot to look forward to in 2016, but means nothing is Al is still coach. Class will begin to dissolve as team hits the field in fall. What is the date we can fire Al at the reduced severance amount? If we have to wait until January it will cause a ton of damage. If it is after last game then no bowl game please.

Tyler Byrd throwing up the []_[] with my boys aunt!!

Hey bruh, based on what you know, is he legit interested in coming to UM or is this just a "place holder" commit? Not tryna be negative but this commit really came out of nowhere..lol. Thanks in advance.

my friend told me he went out to Miami for the Junior day thing. Told me that Tyler loved it out there and that he performed really good out there. Hope that helps some.

Last edited:
We will look back at 2016 and think what could of been. Had we fired Golden and hired Butch this 2016 class would be looked at as the one that turned it all around. Instead I expect Golden to get canned. The new guy will land the guys that are die hards but many will go elsewhere. UF is gonna be a thorn in our side this cycle as they will get that second class recruiting bump that usually takes place.

Advertisement
Back