Mark Walton 247 Update

Booker T. Washington running back Mark Walton is excited about the stable of running backs the University of Miami is assembling in the 2015 class. Walton is out in Oregon for Nike’s The Opening 7-on-7 tournament and learned that four star running back Jordan Scarlett will be joining Walton, Dexter Williams, and Jordan Cronkrite. Walton is excited about the prospect of being a part of a talented backfield.

-Says “Me and Jordan Scarlett talked about it before he committed,” “I am excited about that. Now we can keep the tradition going at running back. We can be like how they had it with Willis McGahee back in the day. When somebody gets tired, somebody else can go in and pick it up.”

-All four of Miami’s running back commits are four-star prospects and Walton is confident they will all stick with their pledge.

-Says “It is going to work out great for us. We can put anybody in and we can know that we are going to be fresh and nobody is going to stop us. It is not going to matter. We can run a two running back offense.”

-Says “I think we will all be 100 percent to Miami.”

-Says he is definitely solid in his commitment to the Hurricanes.

-Says “I was down there hanging out before July,” “They wanted to make sure that I was still committed to them and I told them that I am 100 percent.”

-excited to see what the Hurricanes do this season.

-Says “I think they will do better than they did last year and get back to the bowl game,”

-lists FSU, West Virginia, Georgia, Auburn and Louisville as schools that are still showing strong interest. He plans to visit FSU later this month and lists Auburn and Georgia as the second and third school behind Miami.

-Says “I like the way Auburn runs the ball,” “I think Georgia is a good running team also.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Mark-Walton-Excited-About-UMs-Stable-Of-Backs-29546275

Advertisement
Wish they would have asked him about reclassifying and see what he had to say. I'd rather hear it directly from the source.

I've seen that last line used out of context, but it looks like this is probably the way the conversation went. He goes on and on about Miami then the reporter asks who his #2 and #3 are if he had to pick. He mentions a couple, then boom, "Walton wavering, SEC schools closing in on Miami commit" is the headline for some people.

The kid sounds like he'd be a Cane if he had 7 months left in the process or 7 years.

Walton is one of the few true Canes in the sense that he wont flip no matter what, hopefully all the rbs act the same as he does

I've seen that last line used out of context, but it looks like this is probably the way the conversation went. He goes on and on about Miami then the reporter asks who his #2 and #3 are if he had to pick. He mentions a couple, then boom, "Walton wavering, SEC schools closing in on Miami commit" is the headline for some people.

The kid sounds like he'd be a Cane if he had 7 months left in the process or 7 years.

Happens a lot. Like when people report an interview with a recruit or Golden and people jump on one item without actually listening to the interview itself. Obviously, most of the time with a recruit interview, we don't have the audio, put clearly the websites put their spin on it for impact and hits.

Advertisement
Wish they would have asked him about reclassifying and see what he had to say. I'd rather hear it directly from the source.

I believe he's the one who said he re-classified which is why he is in the 2015 database now. He then later said he had some classed to finish up to make it happen.

I love his attitude, I hope all 4 stick, we need them.

[/URL][/IMG]

if we somehow manage to sign all 4 crown terry richardson...

That SOB earned his check thats all im saying

Advertisement
Says “Me and Jordan Scarlett talked about it before he committed,” “I am excited about that. Now we can keep the tradition going at running back. We can be like how they had it with Willis McGahee back in the day. When somebody gets tired, somebody else can go in and pick it up.”

-All four of Miami’s running back commits are four-star prospects and Walton is confident they will all stick with their pledge.

-Says “It is going to work out great for us. We can put anybody in and we can know that we are going to be fresh and nobody is going to stop us. It is not going to matter. We can run a two running back offense.”

:eekeyes: :cigar: :emotcrown:

/I won't keep my hopes up though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back