2016 Malek Young

Young (5-10, 175) has picked up many offers this spring from schools like Miami, UCF, West Virginia, Kentucky, USF, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Clemson, Louisville, Eastern Michigan, and Cincinnati.The Hurricanes offered Young on May 8th.

-Says “My coach told me that I had the offer,” “He told me to check my Twitter and I had a message from the coach and he told me that Miami was going to offer me. I was ecstatic.”

-played offense and defense as a sophomore. He finished with 500 yards and five touchdowns at receiver while totaling 30 tackles and one interception at cornerback. Miami is recruiting Young as a cornerback.

-Says “Miami told me they like me at cornerback,” “I am cool with that. I will play anywhere in college if the fit is right. I just try to make plays to help my team win. I don’t care if I have to play on offense, defense, or both.”

-shared his thoughts on what he knows about Miami at this point.

-Says “I know that they have a good defensive coordinator and that he coaches his guys up,” “Miami is always sending guys to the NFL, so that gets your attention. Miami is just a great program.”

-Says “The Hurricanes are a team that just gets your attention. They are a big program. They are one of the best teams in the country and they are close to home. I do like them a lot right now.”

-plans to take his time with making a commitment and discussed what the important factors will be in his final decision.

-Says “I just want to play early and succeed so that I can help provide for my family,” “I do it all for them.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/2016-Malek-Young-Picking-Up-Early-Offers-28729266

Advertisement
-Says “I know that they have a good defensive coordinator and that he coaches his guys up,”

207.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back