Mecole Hardman 2016

Advertisement
It's admittedly worth nothing, but for those who care about this kind of stuff, a Georgia fan on 247 said he was hoping Miami wouldn't offer Hardman because we're his "dream school."

Which means he probably isn't coming.

In all seriousness, it's unfortunate that the only highlights in his Hudl video are of him playing quarterback. But his speed is impossible to ignore. He runs 22.07 in the 200m and looked plenty fast in those highlights.

Here's Varsity Preps' spotlight on Hardman from early April:

http://www.varsitypreps.com/mecole-hardman-co-2016-spotlight/

- When asked what schools he's interested in, Miami was the first one mentioned.
- Says academics will be the determining factor in his decision and he has a 3.8 GPA.
- Says playing close to home is not a big deal.
- He does have a "dream school," but didn't reveal it in this interview. As mentioned in the post above, a Georgia fan on 247 believes it's Miami.

He's a 2016 target, so it goes without saying that there's a long, long way to go in his recruitment. But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Talented athlete.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1626590/mecole-hardman

We offered this kid and from reading his twitter, seems like Miami was the offer he wanted (I know, I know). Watch the tape and you will be impressed.

This kid goes to the same high school I graduated with.

His school is about 35 minutes from Athens, and a little over 50 minutes from Clemson.

His old teammate a 4 star RB Tyshon Dye signed with Clemson in 2013.

With that said this is a heavy UGA town/community.

The old high school booster club president played at UGa, not sure if he still is the president or not.

This high school scoreboard used to be UGA's in Sanford Stadium, but I think he pulled strings to get it to the high school stadium when they got a new one.

The reason Tyshon signed with Clemson is the high school principal graduated from Clemson, and an assistant coach a few years back was a huge Clemson fan took Tyshon to camps games etc...

He is no longer at Elbert, and it's a huge UGA community so Miami would really have to recruit him hard and well.

He is an elite athlete. His dad was a local legend as a RB, and his first cousin was all state as a RB one year, then all state DB the next.

He has the genes for sure.

He started QB as a 9th grader and was already one of the better players in the area.

He got hurt at the end of the season, and they went from competing for the region title to missing the playoffs all together.

He came back as a sophmore, and led them to the region title as a true sophmore.

Fast, fast, and fast! Great athlete, not a d1 qb. But, what do I know. Would love to have that speed at our disposal...

Advertisement
his speed is crazy! would love too see what this kid could do with a full season at RB

Weren't there some towns, north of Atlanta, maybe in the Athens area, where there were a lot of transplanted south Floridians?

I remember reading on one of the message boards about a town where a lot of people moved after Hurricane Andrew and that a lot of the people were big Hurricane fans.

Does anybody remember that or know if there is any truth to this?

Weren't there some towns, north of Atlanta, maybe in the Athens area, where there were a lot of transplanted south Floridians?

I remember reading on one of the message boards about a town where a lot of people moved after Hurricane Andrew and that a lot of the people were big Hurricane fans.

Does anybody remember that or know if there is any truth to this?

My folks moved from Ft.L up to the Canton/ Woodstock area. They run into South Florida and NY transplants all the time.

Advertisement
Hardman has named Tennessee as his leader after attending their "Orange Carpet Day" on Saturday, with Clemson and Miami rounding out his top three.

He's currently ranked as the No. 16 overall player in the 2016 class in the ESPN Junior 300. I assume we're recruiting him as a cornerback with the way our WR class has already taken shape for 2016.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Top247-athlete-names-Vols-leader-29719188

Last edited:
Hardman has named Tennessee as his leader after attending their "Orange Carpet Day" on Saturday, with Clemson and Miami rounding out his top three.

He's currently ranked as the No. 16 overall player in the 2016 class in the ESPN Junior 300. I assume we're recruiting him as a cornerback with the way our WR class has already taken shape for 2016.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Top247-athlete-names-Vols-leader-29719188

He's the #1 Athlete, would be a huge get, in an already stacked class. I really hope Miami is his dream school, and he doesn't get the "its a business decision" attitude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure he'd be recruited as a cb. On his hudl page it says he plays QB and CB, so that's probably a good sign he'd be open to playing Defense at the next level.

Advertisement
Back