2016 DB Webster likes Miami and UGA

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami Hurricanes fans remember the name Kayvon Webster all too well. A standout defensive back in the 2009 class from Pace, Webster was committed to Miami in the before flipping to USF on signing day morning. Kayvon was drafted by the Denver Broncos in last year’s NFL Draft and went on to have a solid rookie year.

Miami fans should become reacquainted with the Webster name, as Kayvon’s younger brother Antoine is one of the top safeties in South Florida for the 2016 class. Webster spent last year winning a state title with Champagnat Catholic, but informed me that he will be at either Carol City or American starting this week. Webster also added that American will most likely be his landing spot.

“I’m an all-around player who just likes to help the team out. I’m mostly an in-the-box hard-hitting safety,” Webster said.

Miami fans have heard recruits use the next quote on countless occasions.

“When I first got into football, UM was my favorite because Sean Taylor was my favorite safety ever. Right now, UM and Georgia are the two I like.”

Kayvon is a valuable asset to Antoine on the recruiting trail. The older brother is already mentoring Antoine in the process.

“He tells me to take recruiting very slowly. He says if he had another chance at it that he would take more things in.”

Does USF have a built-in advantage because his brother played there?

“I’m going to be open with everything.”

Although Webster does not have any offers at the moment, he is hoping to use the first one as a springboard to future success.

“It’s going to give me motivation to do it because it’s my way out. It will make me just go harder than I do everyday.”

With Miami, the fact that he could play in front of his family is something that he says he will consider.

“If I get the offer, it would be great for me because I would really think about staying home.”

How did a Miami native become a fan of UGA? Webster explained.

“I was a big fan of their safety from last year (Bacarri Rambo) and Todd Gurley at running back. I played running back before safety so that’s why I liked him.”

Webster seems set on playing on the defensive side of the ball at the next level, despite starring at the youth level with the ball in his hands.

“I envision myself as a safety now because of my height. I’m going to keep getting taller so I want to take advantage of that by playing safety.”

Advertisement
Certified baller.

I'm looking for his highlights that I posted on the board a few months ago.

What happened with Kayvon? Why did he decommit? Like to know before I move forward on his brother.

Wasn't it Kayvon that said he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond rather than being JAG at Miami?

Advertisement
What happened with Kayvon? Why did he decommit? Like to know before I move forward on his brother.

To sum it up, Kayvon said he felt he'd have a better chance of earning early playing time at USF. He said at the time that he didn't have any negative feelings towards UM. Showed up at his signing day party with a UM tie on, but then he tucked it inside a USF sweatshirt.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...2/kayvon-webster-arrives-in-usf-pullover.html

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090205/ARTICLE/902040240

But I don't think Kayvon flipping from his UM commitment on NSD 2009 should have an affect on this staff's decision to recruit his brother. Different staff in place, different person being recruited (obviously). If Antoine Webster is as talented as some say that he is, then he should be recruited hard.

Advertisement

To sum it up, Kayvon said he felt he'd have a better chance of earning early playing time at USF. He said at the time that he didn't have any negative feelings towards UM. Showed up at his signing day party with a UM tie on, but then he tucked it inside a USF sweatshirt.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...2/kayvon-webster-arrives-in-usf-pullover.html

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090205/ARTICLE/902040240

But I don't think Kayvon flipping from his UM commitment on NSD 2009 should have an affect on this staff's decision to recruit his brother. Different staff in place, different person being recruited (obviously). If Antoine Webster is as talented as some say that he is, then he should be recruited hard.

Meh, Kayvon turned out fine I guess.

If his bro is a beast, so be it. But if Kayvon is in his ear, I'm concerned he will plant the same seed in his brothers ear. If we are stacked, instead of competing, go somewhere we you can start early. IF his brother is his own man, cool.

Advertisement
Said he's interested, but will listen to all comers. What more can you expect other than a commitment. Didn't indicate the U had offered him.

Advertisement
WE FLIP THE SCRIPT WHEN WE STOP RECRUITING "BALLERS" THE SIZE OF ****** GNATS AND START RECRUITING "BALLERS" THE SIZE OF FREIGHT TRAINS......END OF STORY

Advertisement
Back