Tampa Catholic DE Malik Barrow impressing

Andymiles

Recruit
2016 DE Malik Barrow of Tampa Catholic (Tampa, Fla.) recorded 13 sacks, 52 total tackles, and 28 quarterback hurries as a sophomore. The talented, quick end hasn't been offered yet, but that won't be the case for very long.

"No sir, no offers, but I'm hearing from Miami, USF, and Clemson. I've been getting letters from Vanderbilt, Duke, USC, and Stanford also."

Barrow reports the Hurricanes are showing the most attention currently.

"The Miami coaches have been by school twice. Defensive line coach Jethro Franklin and defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio saw my film, said they liked what they saw," Barrow told FlaVarsity. "They've been sending the most letters and emails, have been to speak with my coach and watch my film."

He attended a spring practice in Coral Gables and came away impressed.

"Miami has nice facilities. I liked the locker rooms and the intensity of practice. I toured campus, too. It's a beautiful setting."

The Tampa Catholic standout plans to camp at Miami this summer. "I received a camp invitation from head coach Al Golden, so I'll definitely attend."

The USF Bulls have begun to show the rising junior some interest.

"I've been getting emails from asst. coach David Reaves, and he also came by school last week."

Barrow said he'll also participate in camps at USF and Florida later this summer.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound athlete attended the Rivals Camp at Gulliver Prep last month and has been invited to the Rivals250 Underclassmen Challenge in Jacksonville. He shared that he learned a couple of things that he'll use in games this fall.

"I went against some good competition," Barrow mentioned. "I feel like I performed well in 1-on-1s and I learned to use my hands and speed better to get after the passer."

Advertisement
Short Soph year highlights of just Sacks and big hits
[video=youtube;6o0wzLl85sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0wzLl85sc[/video]

Full Soph year highlights
[video=youtube;0ruy_pKOF5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ruy_pKOF5U[/video]

Advertisement
Looks like Golden and company are getting to another good recruit first, like Brad Kaya and Demetrius Jackson

I like that he has succeed while playing out of position. Shows that he's a football player; shows his unselfishness and toughness.

Advertisement
He's gained some offers now from Michigan St and Miss St.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back