6'7 DE Corey Smith - Louisiana

Thoughtsoncanes

Trending Up
1034572.jpg

- Class of 2013, O Perry Walker HS in New Orleans, LA

- Measured 6'7 (listed at 240 lbs)

- Being recruited by Jethro Franklin - claims an offer from Miami (My guess is he's still being evaled, and wouldn't be able to commit yet if he wanted)

- Cousin of TE Standish Dobard

- Seems a bit of an under the radar prospect - top 3 are Miami, FIU, SMU

I'll be interested to see if this kid starts to garner attention from bigger schools considering he's in SEC country and appears to be ready for the next level size wise. He's one to keep an eye on.

"(Dobard) is my cousin," said Smith. "We've talked about Miami since I got the offer. He said he fell in love with Miami when he visited, and that I will too.

"I like the legacy at Miami. They produce a lot of NFL players. I've been liking them since I was much younger."

Advertisement
hmm, pretty sure his school is a big profile school in New Orleans. Wondering if he's under the radar or just not that good

True, His team made state last year.

Kid's can hit growth spurts etc at his age perhaps he is still filling in; I suspect the staff is still evaluating and will continue to do so throughout the season. Could be a plan B kid down the road.

Junior Highlights - # 13

[video=youtube;x0Tngh9946w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Tngh9946w[/video]

If Lu or D$ could give their .02 that be great.

He seems to get off the ball quick with some decent pop. Good speed. Has some pass rush moves , dips his shoulder well, but needs to work on his hands a bit more (who doesn't though?).

Advertisement
u beat me too it thought.....can argue with your analysis. NO and LA in general has some good athletes and competition so he is performing vs good talent

he's got a lot of raw talent

probably hit a growth spurt and needs to put on a lot of weight (he gets pushed around a few times)

plan B/C waiting on his senior year probably

Hmm I don't see anything that pops out to me that says he's a must get. I agree I would bet the offer is non committable.

Advertisement
What I absolutely love about Louisiana football players is that they compete and like working out.This kid could grow into a very dominant and big defensive end.Come to The U Corey!

looks solid, love his height and length but would for sure need a RS to add weight... also i think if we take a prospect similar to him it should be alvonte bell, kids got a ton of upside

looks solid, love his height and length but would for sure need a RS to add weight... also i think if we take a prospect similar to him it should be alvonte bell, kids got a ton of upside

alvonte bell reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul...kid just has that length and frame that will pack on weight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back