64.4%

NJtoFLAcane

Thunderdome
of recruits said that during recruiting they felt like they were being stalked

according to an ESPNmag poll

said media were the worst.....then fans......then coaches

Advertisement
I believe it, the media needs to sell subscriptions so they do anything to get the edge over other sites. Of course the world of Facebook and Twitter has changed the way fans interact with Athletes. Hard to think coaches are third but it's most likely true.

I believe it, the media needs to sell subscriptions so they do anything to get the edge over other sites. Of course the world of Facebook and Twitter has changed the way fans interact with Athletes. Hard to think coaches are third but it's most likely true.
actually its not that hard to believe when you consider that coaches have certain rules they need to follow........they also have alot of other kids to scout/recruit as well........where as idiots like dannytard........just pick one or two kids to stalk and harass.......and the media will always be the worst offenders because everybody wants to be the first to break the news

Of course coaches are third. At least when they bother you they have something to offer or talk to you about. The fans and the media are essentially worthless to recruits.

Advertisement
media is driven by money. people want the info so the media gives it to them. if people just didnt care as much about some 17 year olds college decision, the media wouldnt hound them as much. it also wouldnt hurt if these kids just stopped the whole circus routine.

Poll of the top 100 recruits

64% felt like they were getting stalked
35% felt the attention was about right
1% (T Howard) felt like they didn't get enough attention from coaches or the media

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back