6 games left.

Miami04

Senior
3-3 most likely gets us in but we really need to go 4-2 after today's disappointing loss. We have 4 home games left and a winnable road game against ND.

I have just given into the fact that at best this is a round of 32 team. So I just want to make the dance for the third year in a row for only the second time in school history.

For whatever reason this team just didn't live up to the expectations many of us had coming into the season. I'm not writing the season off because we can and should still make the dance. I have just let go of my high expectations.

But in saying that, what I am seeing from DJ, Whataburger, AMP, and Izundu I think we have a tournament team next year 100% if Brown comes back. Even if he doesn't I still think we will be in the top half of the league next year.

Advertisement
BTW this is NOT a team that can win the national championship. Just want to make sure everyone realizes it. It is a great team, no doubt. But it isn't a national championship contender.

Cleanest path to the Tourney after today is to sweep our three non-UVA home games or win 2 of 3 with an ND road win. Obviously, a win against UVA would put us back on track but I'm not counting on that especially coming off their first loss. Hopefully, Coach L is feeling better and Lonnie stays out of foul trouble.

3-3 most likely gets us in but we really need to go 4-2 after today's disappointing loss. We have 4 home games left and a winnable road game against ND.

I have just given into the fact that at best this is a round of 32 team. So I just want to make the dance for the third year in a row for only the second time in school history.

For whatever reason this team just didn't live up to the expectations many of us had coming into the season. I'm not writing the season off because we can and should still make the dance. I have just let go of my high expectations.

But in saying that, what I am seeing from DJ, Whataburger, AMP, and Izundu I think we have a tournament team next year 100% if Brown comes back. Even if he doesn't I still think we will be in the top half of the league next year.

Miami is one of those teams that can be dangerous in March, just because of Lonnie Walker. If you have a great guard at tournament time, that can get you through. UConn over the years have proven that time and time again. Miami can either flame out early, or go on a run, especially if BB comes back and is able to provide efficient offensive production. People forget that it's all about the draw.

Advertisement
BTW this is NOT a team that can win the national championship. Just want to make sure everyone realizes it. It is a great team, no doubt. But it isn't a national championship contender.

Of course it isn't, go look at Miami's roster, and compare it to Duke , Arizona, Villanova and others. We are all excited about Lonnie, and rightfully so, but Arizona has multiple guys on their roster that can do those things. Duke has two, if not three high lottery picks in their starting lineup, and that's not including guys that are a year away from that status. This is a **** good team, that can possibly go on a run, but it isn't a team you can just chalk into the Final Four.

Forget about what we need to make the NCAAT, here is the rundown of the final 6 games:

- 4 Homes Games v. 2 Away Games
- 2 Games we will be underdogs (UVA and UNC)
- 1 Game that could be a push (ND) but is winnable
- 3 Games we will be the favorite (VT, Cuse and BC)

---------------------------------

4 of these games are very winnable:

- ND is 5-7 in conference, since Colson is out they're 4-7 and 3-3 at home (w/o Colson) [Both ND and us play on 2/17 before we play each other on 2/19]
- BC, we should want revenge against them. They have ZERO wins in conference and are 0-5 on the road in conference.
- Cuse is 2-4 on the road in conference. Wins at Pitt and UL.
- VT is playing much better since we played and just had a tremendous win against UVA. They're 4-2 on the road in conference this season. This game is the final conference game of the season and will be tremendous for both seeding in the ACCT and NCAAT.

----------------------------------

We need to win 3 of our final 6. The {minimum) goal should be 10 wins in conference and at least 1 win in the ACCT.

Coach L not being on the court today has a smell of something bad. At the arena but doesn't coach? Lonnie goes silent when coach isn't there. Something is up on that front we don't know about.
Are you implying that Coach L not on bench because of fbi inquiry. Oh no, another conspiracy theorist. You kids are amazing

Advertisement
Unc is a winnable game imo. They have looked good the last two games against Duke and NC State but that’s to be expected. Outside of those two games, they have not been impressive.

Unc is a winnable game imo. They have looked good the last two games against Duke and NC State but that’s to be expected. Outside of those two games, they have not been impressive.

I wouldn't be shocked if they're on a 6 game winning streak going into our game.

I wouldn't be shocked if they're on a 6 game winning streak going into our game.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they dropped some games against garbage either. UNC is a team that lacks consistency, which plays right into Miami's hands. The talent is there, but as we've seen time and time again with teams led by Huckleberry Hound, they are athletes with glaring flaws, and Roy isn't going to out scheme many. Remember, the 'Canes have done relatively well in Chapel Hill during L's tenure. I wouldn't be shocked if the 'Canes stole a game there.

Miami is one of those teams that can be dangerous in March, just because of Lonnie Walker. If you have a great guard at tournament time, that can get you through. UConn over the years have proven that time and time again. Miami can either flame out early, or go on a run, especially if BB comes back and is able to provide efficient offensive production. People forget that it's all about the draw.

I agree think Dwyane Wade at Marquette

Advertisement
Ok, here we go. Coach L is 123 years old. He got sick. When you're older, it usually hits you harder than when you're younger. As for making the NCAAT, unless we fall flat on our faces, we'll make the tourney. The rest of the season determines whether we're a 5 seed or an 11 seed. And, if Bruce comes back, and Lonnie blows up, we can be a dangerous out. Will we? Probably not, but we can be.

Now there are 5 games left. We've played two consecutive chitty games. Here are the combined stats of three starters (during those games):

Walker:
4-17 FG, 0-9 3PT
12 Points

Amp:
1-12 FG, 1-6 3PT
8 Points

Huell:
1-6 FG
2 Points

These three have scored a combined 22 points over the last 2 games. They shot 6-35 FG and 1-15 3PT.

We must right the ship and win. We have 3 winnable games and we will likely be the favorite in at least two (ND will probably be close to a push IMO).

It starts against Cuse. Cuse isn't good (they play tonight). Then we go to ND and they're not good either. Finally, we have BC and we need some payback. If we can look good against Cuse, I have no doubt we can win all three. At the very least we need to win two of these three going into UNC.

Advertisement
It isn’t a pretty picture. Huell and Lawrence were very effective until about 3 weeks ago. Since then they have disappeared. Walker may have hit the wall after several productive games. Lykes had a great game yesterday but if we have to count on him to lead our offense we are in big trouble. Dj is good 1 out of 4 games. In summary, we look tired and disinterested on the floor. We may be close to mailing in the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Back