DT Arthur Williams Camped at UM any Update?

Paranos

All-ACC
2014 DT Arthur Williams from NC Camped at UM any Update on how he did this past Sunday. He has good measurables but lacks explosiveness which I think Swasey can help him with.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I dont think he showed, but if he did he must've not shown any skills cause he didnt get talked about at all

I dont think he showed, but if he did he must've not shown any skills cause he didnt get talked about at all

There were articles about him wanting to attend the first camp in order to solidfy his offer so I would be surprised if wasn't there.

Go Canes

Don't buy too much into alot of these articles. I spoke with ppl close to him and the family plans to get him down there sometime this summer. No particular date yet. But no he didn't go because I was going to see if we could send Gaillard and Landry down with him.

Advertisement
Don't buy too much into alot of these articles. I spoke with ppl close to him and the family plans to get him down there sometime this summer. No particular date yet. But no he didn't go because I was going to see if we could send Gaillard and Landry down with him.

Will Gaillard and Landry be down this summer for a camp, coach?

Thanks for the update that would be a sweet haul to get all 3 Carolina boys down to Coral Gables for UOV and Camp. I will say this that will be an interesting ride down those are 3 big boys to put in 1 car, there will be frequent stops for leg stretching.

Then possibly get some commitments out of it!

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Paranos, can you give us your detailed opinion of Arthur Williams? Would be greatly appreciated.

Take all three plus Clark and Valentine. We can redshirt a couple and play the rest. We need all of them more than we need 4 more WRs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Is familiar with Miami's history
  • Says Miami football used to be horrible a long time ago
  • Says then they came up with guys like Jimmy Johnson and won a NC
  • Says Miami came back again in the early 2000s
  • Says Miami never stays down
  • Feels like Miami is on the rise again and they're building something special
  • Plans to visit Miami on 11 August
  • Says Miami is capable of having a big recruiting class and he sees what Miami has going on
  • Jethro was telling him about the Miami class yesterday
  • Says he's always in touch with Miami and Jethro told him he'll fall in love with the campus
  • Says he likes how things are going at the schools he has visited and he might feel the same about Miami
  • Claims offers from ECU, FSU, and Miami
  • Says NC St. and Auburn are close to offering
  • Has visited a lot of the schools in the Carolinas, Auburn, and FSU
  • Is looking at schools that put players in the NFL at his position
  • Won't commit until after his senior season and his hoping for more offers
  • His head coach handles the process for him and his mom helps too

• Is familiar with Miami's history
  • Says Miami football used to be horrible a long time ago
  • Says then they came up with guys like Jimmy Johnson and won a NC
  • Says Miami came back again in the early 2000s
  • Says Miami never stays down
  • Feels like Miami is on the rise again and they're building something special
  • Plans to visit Miami on 11 August
  • Says Miami is capable of having a big recruiting class and he sees what Miami has going on
  • Jethro was telling him about the Miami class yesterday
  • Says he's always in touch with Miami and Jethro told him he'll fall in love with the campus
  • Says he likes how things are going at the schools he has visited and he might feel the same about Miami
  • Claims offers from ECU, FSU, and Miami
  • Says NC St. and Auburn are close to offering
  • Has visited a lot of the schools in the Carolinas, Auburn, and FSU
  • Is looking at schools that put players in the NFL at his position
  • Won't commit until after his senior season and his hoping for more offers
  • His head coach handles the process for him and his mom helps too

Thanks for the summary. This kid might not have a spot by the end of his senior season. FSU has 3 DT commits, and we have 3 DT's commits(plus we will probably get Monet). He better commit on his visit or he will end up at ECU, if he doesn't have a big season.

Not very impressed by his highlights. I'm not big on Moten, but I would take him in a heartbeat over this Williams guy.

Advertisement
Not very impressed by his highlights. I'm not big on Moten, but I would take him in a heartbeat over this Williams guy.

If Moten's unimpressive, who's left for us to recruit? Are we at the bottom of the barrel?

At the moment, yes imo. But, there will be new guys emerging after the season...happens every year. Lavon Hooks pretty much came out of nowhere (at this point last year, I don't think we had even heard of him) and we came close to landing him. We may also need to flip another stud (Clark) to make it work.

I'm hoping we have better success with the JUCO DTs this year. Missing on Hooks, Bradley, Hardison, and a couple others hurt.

Advertisement
Back