5/4/24 BYU: Game 47 21-24 L

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t hit, can’t field other than that he’s pretty good. 😜
If you guys keep wondering what the deal with Jimenez is, it's arm talent. Some coaches are in love with PG measurables and Jimenez was throwing 100 mph across the diamond as a 17 year old. That's MLB + SS velocity. He's been terrible defensively and somehow worse at the plate, but he'll probably keep getting chances, fair or not, because of that golden arm. I think he should consider learning how to be a pitcher but maybe he turns it around.

If you guys keep wondering what the deal with Jimenez is, it's arm talent. Some coaches are in love with PG measurables and Jimenez was throwing 100 mph across the diamond as a 17 year old. That's MLB + SS velocity. He's been terrible defensively and somehow worse at the plate, but he'll probably keep getting chances, fair or not, because of that golden arm. I think he should consider learning how to be a pitcher but maybe he turns it around.
There are probably 749 Dominican “shortstops” now pitching throughout minor league baseball.

Like you said, the kid can probably make some money throwing the ball, but has no chance fielding or hitting it.

Advertisement
There are probably 749 Dominican “shortstops” now pitching throughout minor league baseball.

Like you said, the kid can probably make some money throwing the ball, but has no chance fielding or hitting it.
I'm certainly not holding my breath. It did take Jack Scanlon 23 years to finally learn to hit though.

Advertisement
Yup. We are a team of showcases players not baseball players.

Advertisement
Yup. We are a team of showcases players not baseball players.
It would be real cool if our coaches/recruiting team watched actual games instead of just showcase events. We just look for whoever hits tanks in BP, write down "BOMBAS, BRO!" next to their name in the notebook/database and call it a day. Then wonder why we look like a team composed entirely of 1B/DH with poor plate approaches and no running nor fielding instincts.

It would be real cool if our coaches/recruiting team watched actual games instead of just showcase events. We just look for whoever hits tanks in BP, write down "BOMBAS, BRO!" next to their name in the notebook/database and call it a day. Then wonder why we look like a team composed entirely of 1B/DH with poor plate approaches and no running nor fielding instincts.
They have to start recruiting more athletes. We only have 1-2 guys that can really run. One, perhaps the only one, is graduating.

Advertisement
Back