5/2/24 Game 45: BYU 20-23 W

Advertisement
As I’ve said, seeing this team play complete baseball has been a hard ask. Either the pitching is on fire & the bats r cold, or the bats are on fire & the pitching is cold. I think I’ve only seen 2-3 games this year where both was in sync, & it felt like a dominant win.

Advertisement
7 ABs with a runner on 2nd/3rd the last few innings.

4 strikeouts, 3 dribblers to the pitcher.

That is impressively bad.

We’re trying our best to lose this game. They say u r what ur record is, & this game looks & feels like two teams that have 24 losses on the season. Miami is trying to give the game away & BYU is like it’s OK, we don’t want it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll never forget my senior year of college we were playing a school called Philadelphia Bible. (Now Cairn) we were in the midst of the programs best season and Bible was a baaaddd Naia team. We were d3 but playing at their place so we used Naia rules. My buddy who played short got the start on the mound. We built a 10-1 lead. He moved back to short and they got it to 10-9. We brought him back in to close. He got the win and the save. We had about 7-8 errors the last two innings to make it interesting. After he struck out the last batter a few guys ran out to celebrate and he waved them off and our coach who should have been heated was just like “let’s get in the vans and never speak of this again”

This is how we should have approached victory tonight.

Advertisement
I’ll never forget my senior year of college we were playing a school called Philadelphia Bible. (Now Cairn) we were in the midst of the programs best season and Bible was a baaaddd Naia team. We were d3 but playing at their place so we used Naia rules. My buddy who played short got the start on the mound. We built a 10-1 lead. He moved back to short and they got it to 10-9. We brought him back in to close. He got the win and the save. We had about 7-8 errors the last two innings to make it interesting. After he struck out the last batter a few guys ran out to celebrate and he waved them off and our coach who should have been heated was just like “let’s get in the vans and never speak of this again”

Wow! Wonder how many times this has ever been done? Win and save!

Kind of off direct topic of this, but does anybody remember when senior night was last year at the field or when it is this year?

That’s funny.

On the same sort of note, and it ties into last night - the story Wicho told about him, Llanes and Fabregas all going 0-3 with 3ks has a little more color. After the game, Fraser threw all of the bp balls into the stands at the superdome and said “why take bp if we can’t hit?” - they didn’t take bp the rest of the trip.

Advertisement
Back