4-star WR Nabers in touch with Likens, ready for return visit

View as article
Advertisement
This is what the Miss St mod said as his reason for the cb:

I was told this evening that there is a rising school of thought that if Teddy Knox commits to Mississippi State that Malik Nabers will follow suit. If LSU takes a 5th WR, then things could get sticky with Nabers. That said, I am hearing that LSU isn't making any serious moves to make him feel like a priority at this point.

(Teddy Knox is a 4 star WR from Texas)

Last edited:
It seems that the general understanding is that while Miami was the favorite for awhile, it is just too far away from home for him. MSU has been a player in the background and Nabers is friendly with another receiver they are recruiting who moved from Louisianna to Tx last year.

Doesn't seem like LSU will offer him unless they miss on the other two guys they have at the top of their board.

I really liked him as a prospect, sad to see that we got dropped. It might’ve had something to do with us getting George and Brinson, but it could also just be him getting the UGA offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Wanted us to pursue this kid earlier. Reminds me of KJ Osborn a lot, has value as a PR/KR guy, tough receiver with crisp routes. The whole stay in Florida movement took over and I guess this kid wasn't too high on our board towards the end. Physicality wise, I think only Smith compares in our current class, but this kid is bigger. Would've been a bruiser type guy next to Redding.

Wanted us to pursue this kid earlier. Reminds me of KJ Osborn a lot, has value as a PR/KR guy, tough receiver with crisp routes. The whole stay in Florida movement took over and I guess this kid wasn't too high on our board towards the end. Physicality wise, I think only Smith compares in our current class, but this kid is bigger. Would've been a bruiser type guy next to Redding.

Worsham can play the KJ Osborn role for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like we dodged a bullet here. Flipped to LSU today. It's always tough to pull LA kids if LSU really wants them, and turns out they ended up wanting Nabers.

Advertisement
Back