4-star OG Hammond getting close to setting officials, discusses UM at the Opening

View as article
That team was constructed just about as good as you can do it in this day and age of college football man. We’re talking about 25+ seniors and basically 10 of them were starters. To compare we had just 8! This upcoming season we have 9. You don’t see those numbers in big time college ball anymore, unless we’re talking about non group of 5 schools. If you truly think they can replace all that production then that’s just you. But I’m disagreeing.

I don't think they can "replace all that production", you're literally putting words in my mouth. All I said was they "lose some guys on defense" (implying that they have work to do there), but should not "miss a beat on offense".... which I still think is true. Replacing Michel will be tough, since he's such a receiving threat, but if the OL looks good than they can be just as good if not even more dangerous this year with who they have.

Advertisement
I don't think they can "replace all that production", you're literally putting words in my mouth. All I said was they "lose some guys on defense" (implying that they have work to do there), but should not "miss a beat on offense".... which I still think is true. Replacing Michel will be tough, since he's such a receiving threat, but if the OL looks good than they can be just as good if not even more dangerous this year with who they have.
To say a team “doesn’t miss a beat” which you initially said... means to replace all of that production.

And alot of the heavy lifting was being done by coach richt's recruits, let's see what he does in the future, defensively they are probably going to be strong under kirby, but d-co heads have a hard time sustaining offenses. These school are not head and shoulders above us, just a year or 2, and see how fast we catch up, the only reason UGA was in contention that quick because richt left that program in great shape, kirby was smart to take that job in a way. Although im not a gumbo fisher fan, he does know how to put a program together, he took over a program that was left in great shape to as well.

What's happening under coach richt is a tougher job than those schools had to deal with along with Fsu!

We need true Center's, OG, LT'S and RT's. F this, if we're going to bring the bag game back, spend it in trenches, please.

Advertisement
We need true Center's, OG, LT'S and RT's. F this, if we're going to bring the bag game back, spend it in trenches, please.
Whoa...it is literally not that bad. Malweak made them look 3x worse than they were. We actually have a serviceable line for the first time since 2013 and our freshmen aren’t even starting yet.

Whoa...it is literally not that bad. Malweak made them look 3x worse than they were. We actually have a serviceable line for the first time since 2013 and our freshmen aren’t even starting yet.

Our starting Guards currently are straight basura....we need to roll with Boulware and give Scaithe lots of PT the next few games.

Our starting Guards currently are straight basura....we need to roll with Boulware and give Scaithe lots of PT the next few games.
That’s because for some reason our coaching staff thought it was a good idea to give 2 new starters protection check duties...not the returning starting center like normal people but the 2 new starters. Bullet proof plan if you ask me.

Advertisement
That’s because for some reason our coaching staff thought it was a good idea to give 2 new starters protection check duties...not the returning starting center like normal people but the 2 new starters. Bullet proof plan if you ask me.

That is a solid point, as well as J. Jones being garbage since he has been on campus...dudes like that don't make huge strides rolling into senior year. He reminds me of Odogwu, massive size, but a cupcake in run blocking. Dude looks lost half the time. Mahoney may have the football brains, but the physical talent is lacking...dude is weak for a guard, just got manhandled against LSU.

It's not awful, but it's not any better than 2nd in the ACC.

Just remember, it's grown man football in the trenches let the young guns keep growing physicaliy. Evverybody gotta know that coach richt, you gotta respect what he's doing, he's not throwing young guys in the game for the sake of getting wins at certain spots. I kept telling people it was obvious what this coaching staff was doing early on when they names jones and mahoney starters, they went with the guys who have been in a college strength and conditioning program for years instead sticking in summer enrollee's. That's being a responsible headcoach, we'll start seeing more young guys against Savannah St. and the weaker schools, you dont throw young trench guys in against a physical team like lsu in the first game of the year. Guys will start taking spots soon enuff when they ready.

Advertisement
Back