4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
How do you all expect Rumph (or any other coach on staff) to recruit at a high level given the disappointing seasons of year's past? Case in point, Coley was supposedly one of the best recruiters in the country at FSU. He comes here under Golden and suddenly the recruiting prowess is gone. Win and suddenly every coach on the staff will be considered a great recruiter (or better than what each is considered now). I mean, you telling me the only good talkers are at UGA, Bama, Clemson, OSU, et al.?

Advertisement
Also he is from the Muck and we already got smacked by FSU for 2 dbs already locally.
Who’s the other local kid besides Knowles? Didn’t seem like they were really pushing for him but I know you’re a lot closer to that recruitment than other people on the board.

HE WAS THE FIRST KID TO COME OUT AND SAY IT THAT I COULD REMEMBER. IM THAT DUDE.

It aint blurry at all ...we know EXACTLY what Rumph is and what he brings to recruiting. You can put your head in the sand..and claim on 4 star recruits as much as you want. We are at Miami that is and suppose to be the norm. But alas we have guys still capping. Its cool, hopefully we land the kid...Rumph isnt much of a recruiter, we have years and consistent cycles to know that. BUT we are just hoping we meet our quotas at the position and he can develop his guys. Because finally all guys are currently his.

Back to Brown.

I dont believe he started at IMG last year. Im not sure about his tape...but i know he is getting high quality strength and condition at IMG and likely will be ready coming from that school...so i think he should be a high priority. Also he is from the Muck and we already got smacked by FSU for 2 dbs already locally.

We're Miami I agree, and I know how you feel about Rumph. I just know the CBs we have on the field they do their job. We're not losing games from Cornerback play. A better kicker, Offensive Coordinator, and OL play we go undefeated. I get the "Standard", but 4 star recruiting is getting the job done. He got Christian Williams, Couch, Dunson, Blades, Ivey (Who I hope plays better), and if he adds this kid... Burns... Mcghee I think its spelled. You can win with that in this scheme that doesn't prioritize CB play.

This IMG kid will ball for us and he'll be College ready the day he steps on campus.

Furthermore, Who do you think Rumph missed that he should've got? In Florida since we're "Miami", yet in the last 10yrs **** even 15yrs we never dominated the CB position...

Trashing and defending Rumph is fun and all. But back to Brown for a moment. How good is this guy? His HUDL and Maxpreps highlights are underwhelming. And he doesn't look 6' on film.

I know 247 says he was an Under Armour Future 50 kid. But has anyone seen him play? Does anyone know his real height, shuttle and 40?
He's legit 6'0 & he is very good CB.

He played much better at Pahokee than he did at IMG because IMG had him playing as a rotational Boundary corner & had him playing in off coverage for the majority of his snaps. He was behind Lejond Cavazos & Elias Ricks so he didn't get to play as much as he did his Sophomore year at Pahokee where he was a starter.

He's a physical press man corner with good feet & very good recovery speed, he's got ball skills & does a great job maintaining physicality while staying in phase & playing through the hands.

His issue was like a lot of kids who go up to IMG, the politics behind being at a school that's an All-star team where you have nothing but 4/5-star players all over the roster & coaches who are essentially paid to placate towards specific recruits that are committed to certain schools you can sometimes get lost in the sauce because you don't get enough PT & when you do you're not put in position to succeed.

Markevious ain't an off coverage Bail technique style corner, he's a physical press man bump & run style that you can leave on an island, when you put him at Boundary & force him to play with a 8-10 yard cushion it debilitates his skill set & doesn't accentuate his strengths.

He's a dawg from the Muck, he's cut from the same cloth as Janoris Jenkins, Alphonso Smith, Bill Bentley etc, he's been playing that aggressive one on one style his whole life since little league ball, he was a baller for Florida Fire 7v7 too locked down some really good South FL WR's, he didn't struggle until he got up there at IMG & had to play under their bullshìt system that's all about showcasing all the Bama, UGA, Oh St & LSU kids they have on the roster.

People can't & shouldn't try to start lessening the blow if we don't get him. He's a legit 4-star with really nice upside, there's NO EXCUSES for not landing him, his whole family is Canes fans & wants him home, this should be a layup for Rumph. No way in **** should Va Tech, Ole Miss or Auburn beat us on this one.

Last edited:

He played much better at Pahokee than he did at IMG because IMG had him playing as a rotational Boundary corner & had him playing in off coverage for the majority of his snaps. He was behind Lejond Cavazos & Elias Ricks so he didn't get to play as much as he did his Sophomore year at Pahokee where he was a starter.

He's a physical press man corner with good feet & very good recovery speed, he's got ball skills & does a great job maintaining physicality while in staying phase & playing through the hands.

His issue was like a lot of kids who go up to IMG, the politics behind being at a school that's an All-star team where you have nothing but 4/5-star players all over the roster & coaches who are essentially paid to placate towards specific recruits that are committed to certain schools you can sometimes get lost in the sauce because you don't get enough PT & when you do you're not put in position to succeed.

Markevious ain't a off coverage Bail technique style corner, he's a physical press man bump & run style that you can leave on an island, when you put him at Boundary & force him to play with a 8-10 yard cushion it debilitates his skill set & doesn't accentuate his strengths.

He's a dawg from the Muck, he's cut from the same cloth as Janoris Jenkins, Alphonso Smith, Bill Bentley etc, he's been playing that aggressive one on one style his whole life since little league ball, he was a baller for Florida Fire 7v7 too locked down some really good South FL WR's, he didn't struggle until he got up there at IMG & had to play under their bullshìt system that's all about showcasing all the Bama, UGA, Oh St & LSU kids they have on the roster.

People can't & shouldn't try to start lessening the blow if we don't get him. He's a legit 4-star with really nice upside, there's NO EXCUSES for not landing him, his whole family is Canes fans & wants him home, this should be a layup for Rumph. No way in **** should Va Tech, Ole Miss or Auburn beat us on this one.
It's really down to us and Auburn from what I heard. Auburn has been a pain in the *** for us this cycle. Took CB Dawson who I thought was very good. Hopefully we win out on this one.

Advertisement
It's really down to us and Auburn from what I heard. Auburn has been a pain in the *** for us this cycle. Took CB Dawson who I thought was very good. Hopefully we win out on this one.
Va Tech is in it as well, one of the DB coaches at IMG that coaches Markevious is a former Hokie & is pushing him towards Va Tech heavy.

It's a 3 team battle between Miami, Va Tech & AU.

He's a physical press man corner with good feet & very good recovery speed, he's got ball skills & does a great job maintaining physicality while staying in phase & playing through the hands.

Markevious ain't an off coverage Bail technique style corner, he's a physical press man bump & run style that you can leave on an island, when you put him at Boundary & force him to play with a 8-10 yard cushion it debilitates his skill set & doesn't accentuate his strengths.

You just missed "drop the 🎤" gif
Awesome post
Thank you for it

You gotta win recruiting battles, CB is one of the positions we continue to not win on...we'll see how the room continues to develop but as of right now we only have Blades the rest is to be seen
This thread is about Markevious brown you ******* goofball muthafukka. Just start up a thread where you **** on Rumph. We have 1000 of those make it 1001 with yours. This thread is about Markevious Brown.

Advertisement
This thread is about Markevious brown you ******* goofball muthafukka. Just start up a thread where you **** on Rumph. We have 1000 of those make it 1001 with yours. This thread is about Markevious Brown.

You must be having a really bad day and I wish you the best but there was a discussion about Banda and Rumph in this thread I just responded to it...so idk what your issue is but it may be a good idea to go take a nap

Yeah man auburn is a real pain. And they had a corner go first round to the fins this past year. Maybe overdrafted but first round is first round. Dawson was someone I wanted badly too. Rumph hasn’t had an athlete like that yet here. Hopefully brown signs here I think he’s a solid player

Yeah man auburn is a real pain. And they had a corner go first round to the fins this past year. Maybe overdrafted but first round is first round. Dawson was someone I wanted badly too. Rumph hasn’t had an athlete like that yet here. Hopefully brown signs here I think he’s a solid player
They won't be after they drop 4 this season. That seat will be red hot for Gus. (If it's not already)

Relax goofball.

Advertisement
Va Tech is in it as well, one of the DB coaches at IMG that coaches Markevious is a former Hokie & is pushing him towards Va Tech heavy.

It's a 3 team battle between Miami, Va Tech & AU.
Let’s get him. We’re going to pay Auburn back on the trail, baby.

How do you all expect Rumph (or any other coach on staff) to recruit at a high level given the disappointing seasons of year's past? Case in point, Coley was supposedly one of the best recruiters in the country at FSU. He comes here under Golden and suddenly the recruiting prowess is gone. Win and suddenly every coach on the staff will be considered a great recruiter (or better than what each is considered now). I mean, you telling me the only good talkers are at UGA, Bama, Clemson, OSU, et al.?

We seem to not have a problem at TE, or on the DL's here?. **** we landed our top target at QB last class.

We consitently dont land the top of our board at cb...those are FACTS. We were beaten out by places like UCF for cbs....the **** with UGA TYPES AND ELITE

• He's legit 6'0 & he is very good CB.
  • He played much better at Pahokee than he did at IMG because IMG had him playing as a rotational Boundary corner & had him playing in off coverage for the majority of his snaps. He was behind Lejond Cavazos & Elias Ricks so he didn't get to play as much as he did his Sophomore year at Pahokee where he was a starter.
  • He's a physical press man corner with good feet & very good recovery speed, he's got ball skills & does a great job maintaining physicality while staying in phase & playing through the hands.
  • He's a dawg from the Muck, he's cut from the same cloth as Janoris Jenkins, Alphonso Smith, Bill Bentley etc, he's been playing that aggressive one on one style his whole life since little league ball
  • He was a baller for Florida Fire 7v7 too locked down some really good South FL WR's
People can't & shouldn't try to start lessening the blow if we don't get him. He's a legit 4-star with really nice upside

Thank you. LCE, That's the summary I was looking for.

Just to be clear, I wasn't "lessening the blow". I was legit asking because I didn't like his HUDL. Blades was the same, didn't get enough playing time at STA. But I saw a lot of camp film and saw he had legit speed, which is why I was stoked to have him. With IMG+Covid, that info wasn't available to me, so I asked the question. If you and the other coaches are telling us Brown is legit, then I couldn't be happier.

Advertisement
We seem to not have a problem at TE, or on the DL's here?. **** we landed our top target at QB last class.

We consitently dont land the top of our board at cb...those are FACTS. We were beaten out by places like UCF for cbs....the **** with UGA TYPES AND ELITE

Glad someone said it, lol. We landed the top RB class in America last year too with that 6-7 record. Tired of the poor record excuses when we seem to be doing just fine at a few other positions.

We could certainly upgrade our CB recruiting, but there are 110 other schools in the country who'd gladly trade their last 4 CB classes with ours. We have bigger issues to solve in recruiting at OL, LB, DT and QB (my opinion)

All those other positions you named, all the 110 other schools would want as well lmao.
All are mostly 4 star and high 3 star guys.

Advertisement
Back