4*/5* recruiting question.

McKenzieMoore

Recruit
How does the staff continue to sell the future to Shemar Stewart, Wesley Bissainthe, Nyjalik Kelly, Jahiem Singletary, etc... when they see Leonard Taylor & James Williams still on the bench behind underperforming upperclassmen?

Advertisement
James Williams is getting a lot of playing time already. But yeah I get your point.
It's somewhat refreshing to see some of the younger players starting to get some meaningful snaps (ie Brinson). I know everyone wants to see LT. Not sure what's up with that other than he wasn't an early enrollee and 'missed' spring. If he doesn't get some snaps vs Central CT, then he must've done something to **** off the coaches or something.

James Williams is getting a lot of playing time already. But yeah I get your point.
It's somewhat refreshing to see some of the younger players starting to get some meaningful snaps (ie Brinson). I know everyone wants to see LT. Not sure what's up with that other than he wasn't an early enrollee and 'missed' spring. If he doesn't get some snaps vs Central CT, then he must've done something to **** off the coaches or something.
LT is gonna play. They did the same thing to Nesta.

Advertisement
How does the staff continue to sell the future to Shemar Stewart, Wesley Bissainthe, Nyjalik Kelly, Jahiem Singletary, etc... when they see Leonard Taylor & James Williams still on the bench behind underperforming upperclassmen?
Not sure what games you've been watching but JW-0 has been getting a lot of playing time including f'king up a decent amount.

Diaz has nothing to sell anymore, everyone knows it’s snake oil. We are back to the point where I question the recruits that do come here, because I wouldn’t even want my own kid to go and play for that joke of a program

There's zero chance I would have us at the top of his list if one of my boys had the offer list a lot of these recruits have. It sucks saying that, but you make the best decision for their future and that isn't us right now.

To the OP though, you're selling that they'll make the team better.

Diaz has nothing to sell anymore, everyone knows it’s snake oil. We are back to the point where I question the recruits that do come here, because I wouldn’t even want my own kid to go and play for that joke of a program
Fsu is a joke of a program. We are an average acc mediocre college program with top 15 roster talent

Advertisement

I have NO CLUE why Manny chose to not play freshman this year. He’s played freshman his first two years at Miami. I keep hearing Miami fans on social media say things like “ freshman aren’t ready they make mistakes “ My response is have you watched this team? We are dead last worse then F n Uconn at tackling. The vaunted seniors continue to make mistakes. Least I know James Williams is athletic enough to take away the deep part of the field. And if he screws up I can deal. He’s learning. Hall doesn’t get it.

Also, Shame on Diaz for going to war with these backers. You’re telling me we couldn’t find one kid in the portal who could have taken proper angles? As for Taylor i’m aware we have experienced DTs. But not playing him 10-15 plays a game should be a crime. Especially when you allow a running back to run for 3 million yards. Maybe Diaz wants to be fired.

True story, snake oil was actually real & had great benefits. It was the con artist who sold fake snake oil that gave it a bad rep.

Sounds familiar?

There's zero chance I would have us at the top of his list if one of my boys had the offer list a lot of these recruits have. It sucks saying that, but you make the best decision for their future and that isn't us right now.

To the OP though, you're selling that they'll make the team better.

What could change my mind as a parent is if you show me you are going to hire a coach I believe in and show me you are committed to building a football program. It’s still Miami which is attractive. It’s still an education! It’s still a great school. The problem continues to be the coaches who evaluate talent and the scheme and way they are using the players on the roster. I bet you 10 to 1 Urban Meyer, Mario Cristobal, Butch Davis, Chip Kelly, Riley, Kiffin, Campbell etc would be using James Williams and Leonard Taylor or Romello Brinson more ( I’m aware he played a bit ) Instead we have a coach who isn’t adapting the scheme to the players we have

Advertisement
Is this assuming Manny is fired after week 6?
Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back