4/28/24 Game 44: Georgia Tech 19-23 L

Advertisement
Donald Trump GIF

We thought Bethune cookman was the low. This is the low
I read a lot on here and there are some posters in the baseball board who could and would do a better job with this program.

It’s not a low…it’s perfect. Worse thing that can happen at this time is for them to make a run and JD saying look we are about to turn the corner

Went to game today. Drank beer. Watched a non-competitive baseball game. Thank God for the ding dong coaching 3B for Ga Tech. Otherwise, those guys may have scored 25. Sad. Certainly we can do better.

Advertisement
I read a lot on here and there are some posters in the baseball board who could and would do a better job with this program.

It’s not a low…it’s perfect. Worse thing that can happen at this time is for them to make a run and JD saying look we are about to turn the corner
JD is smart. He’s tanking so he gets the number 1 overall pick in the draft. Oh wait..

I wish I could say "it's worse than I thought" but had JD not been hired as head man at the U he would have been out of coaching. That's how bad a hire we made...

I wish I could say "it's worse than I thought" but had JD not been hired as head man at the U he would have been out of coaching. That's how bad a hire we made...
Mike Martin Jr. had a WINNING record. In both of his two full seasons, he took FSU to the regionals. The bar is so high there that they were willing to part with the son of a legend and rather quickly. The bar is so low here that the worst season since '57 will result in almost certainly another year for JD.

Advertisement
Mike Martin Jr. had a WINNING record. In both of his two full seasons, he took FSU to the regionals. The bar is so high there that they were willing to part with the son of a legend and rather quickly. The bar is so low here that the worst season since '57 will result in almost certainly another year for JD.
Yup, surprisingly FSU alumni are highly motivated and coming of age so to speak. Spoke to one of them in Hawaii recently and he was angry. Given that nobody is from Tallahassee, or would claim to be, they are capable of putting Bubby and The Lord of No Ring behind them and actual be objective in the hiring process.

Imagine if Cuvet didn’t get off to that Torrid start. We may not get 15 wins.

I thought we’d be as bad as I’ve seen in my lifetime but maybe sneak into 30ish wins. Be that scrappy team that plays ****ed. But yeah…no.

Last edited:
Imagine if Cuvet didn’t get off to that Torrid start. We maybe not get 15 wins.

I thought we’d be as bad as I’ve seen in my lifetime but maybe sneak into 30ish wins. Be that scrappy team that plays ****ed. But yeah…no.
I was thinking 15-16 ACC wins and a 3rd seed in some SEC Regional. Get the young guys lots of at bats and really gear up for 25'.
I went through all the position players and we need to only bring back like five guys.
Pitchers, like six maybe seven bring back.
Freshmen and portal players will be the majority of the roster next season.

Advertisement
So will Cyr and Cuvet hit the portal? I don't see why they'd want to play for this dumpster fire again next season if JD is back.

@TheOriginalCane

Ur thoughts seeing this team in person?

1. Not good. Lots of errors. Didn't seem to have a lot of spirit or urgency.
2. Pitching was terrible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but JD was a pitching coach, right? RIGHT?
3. Everyone is just playing the string out at this point. Not enough pride to get to .500.

Sad.

1. Not good. Lots of errors. Didn't seem to have a lot of spirit or urgency.
2. Pitching was terrible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but JD was a pitching coach, right? RIGHT?
3. Everyone is just playing the string out at this point. Not enough pride to get to .500.

Sad.
Doesn't bode well for recruiting, transfers and keeping Cuvet and Cyr. And you're being kind w "sad".

Advertisement
Kudos to those who stuck thru following this team inning by inning.

I knew we would be bad, but man.

If anyone in leadership has any guts, they would blow this up as soon as season ends.

Advertisement
Back