4-2-5 Defense

904Cane

Freshman
It appears our strength is safety and Dline we should look at playing 4-2-5 let Carter roam as the hybrid kick Willis outside to End or play Trent Harris there in obvious run downs

Thoughts?

Or Johnson maybe more of a fit as Nickle/Safety any thoughts

Advertisement
It appears our strength is safety and Dline we should look at playing 4-2-5 let Carter roam as the hybrid kick Willis outside to End or play Trent Harris there in obvious run downs

Thoughts?

Or Johnson maybe more of a fit as Nickle/Safety any thoughts

Yes Willis to DE is the logical move.

The only problem with the 4-2-5 is that we only have 3 legit safeties. Both safety AND LB are paper thin right now. So if the third safety goes down for extended time, we're gonna have to see Robert Knowles or Finley go in there and play starter type minutes.

How about a dose of 3-1-7 on passing downs...Bradley gonna see a lot of this because FSU has it mastered

Unfortunately, Diaz does not adapt the system to the players, he wants players that fit his system, so this is all moot.

Advertisement
Please stop saying 425. Say 43 Nickel. The 425 is a unique defensive system. We don't run the 425 system. We run a 43 Over with a Nickel package (and other packages). Thanks! :)

Attack, attack, attack more. We lost 2 guys, you don't scrap the whole defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I could be wrong but wasn't Grace our Sam LB anyway? That would make him a hybrid type player against 10-Personnel (spread). That's basically like lining up in a 4-2-5.

I mean, I know he was listed as a Linebacker but let's face it, with his speed and lack of size he was more like a Safety in a 4-2-5 anyway.

Advertisement
Back