3rd and whatever...

getcaned

Sophomore
how many times this game did Kaaya or Richt opt to throw a 30+ yard pass when it was 3rd and 10 or less instead of manage the distance and look for a first down? That will cost us games. so frustrating. Thanks goodness UVA tackled worse then we do.

That was my biggest gripe of the game besides when up 20 trying to milk it out with 10 minutes left in the game. Pull Kaaya and get anyone some experience....

Advertisement
Bull****. Richt does top down reads and Kaaya is throwing to his first read like he always does. Multiple times yesterday guys were open underneath and he didnt throw to them.

how many times this game did Kaaya or Richt opt to throw a 30+ yard pass when it was 3rd and 10 or less instead of manage the distance and look for a first down? That will cost us games. so frustrating. Thanks goodness UVA tackled worse then we do.

That was my biggest gripe of the game besides when up 20 trying to milk it out with 10 minutes left in the game. Pull Kaaya and get anyone some experience....

It's cost us the va tech for sure

Bull****. Richt does top down reads and Kaaya is throwing to his first read like he always does. Multiple times yesterday guys were open underneath and he didnt throw to them.

Glad you know Kaaya's progression on every play. I'd love to see you do a film breakdown, illustrate the route trees, and show us the way the progressions are broken down. Just a request for the football illiterate here on CIS.

Not too often we get a Jon Gruden'esque guru on here

Glad you know Kaaya's progression on every play. I'd love to see you do a film breakdown, illustrate the route trees, and show us the way the progressions are broken down. Just a request for the football illiterate here on CIS.

Are u blind ?

Advertisement

Or you could watch 3 or 4 plays, not be a blind *** homer , and see for yourself

Are u blind ?

No. I'm just not a dumbass. Ya sure Kaaya misses dudes on the regular but to say he throws to his first read every time is pure ignorance. 2 weeks ago it was he holds onto the ball too long and obviously went through his full progression and nobody was there. Now he throws it too soon without letting his progressions play out. Which one is it? Or better yet, how do you know his progressions and reads?

I've seen numerous times including yesterday he fully scanned the field, nothing is there, he double clutches a few times, rolls out and tries to find someone coming back to him

Or you could watch 3 or 4 plays, not be a blind *** homer , and see for yourself

I was at the game, watched the whole game. We run way too many go routes as OP said. A UVA fan beside me even asked if we always run so many deep routes or what he thought we saw in their defense to keep doing that. He was shocked that we picked on Blanding so often over the middle. It was extremely rare to see a shallow cross. Every short/intermediate route was being ran to the sideline. Nothing short to the middle of the field where teams typically attack the soft spot in front of the safeties and behind the LBs.

Good example of Kaaya going through his progressions.. the first play of the game he worked from left to right and threw to Herndon. Looked like his 3rd progression. Then the Njoku TD, worked from left to right, 3rd progression and hit Njoku after Coley didn't win at the LOS, the nickel stuck the slot receiver at the line, and Njoku just got a jump ball

Are u blind ?

No one is going to know unless you breakdown the film using their cameras, which isn't the same cameras TV stations broadcast the game with. I'll be shocked if anyone can tell if he is or isn't going through his progressions using the looks we get on TV

Advertisement
Another dumb vertical route down the sideline to Berrios. Kaaya also gave away an easy 3rd down and 2 conversion when he refused to take off and run up the middle for 10 easy yards. Instead, he held it and took a sack.

Another dumb vertical route down the sideline to Berrios. Kaaya also gave away an easy 3rd down and 2 conversion when he refused to take off and run up the middle for 10 easy yards. Instead, he held it and took a sack.

That is true

Seriously, my wife was yelling at the tv. Why is our shortest WR, with the worst leaping ability, streaking down the sideline?

Opposing DBs just jogging beside him with their hand on his hip. SMH. 0% chance that gets completed without the DB falling down.

And if the DB DID somehow fall down, Kaaya wouldn't see it.

Seriously, my wife was yelling at the tv. Why is our shortest WR, with the worst leaping ability, streaking down the sideline?

Opposing DBs just jogging beside him with their hand on his hip. SMH. 0% chance that gets completed without the DB falling down.

It's a giveaway play, and we do it at least once or twice per game. I think Berrios could have a valuable role in the underneath passing game, but for some dumb reason we don't use him there but send him on vertical routes.

Advertisement

It's a giveaway play, and we do it at least once or twice per game. I think Berrios could have a valuable role in the underneath passing game, but for some dumb reason we don't use him there but send him on vertical routes.

I see him as being very effective on slants/crossing routes, esp on 3rd downs. Someone who finds the hole in the zone for our QB

But what do we know?

True but it's not often hard to see Kayaa Stare down his first read, see it covered and then put his head down to take a sack.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back