Advertisement
Sounds like a good day, all in all. Both first team units sound like they’re clicking. The 2 unit o-line seems to be struggling, but they’re in there against probably the 2nd best defense in the ACC. And our second team defense is no slouch, so the offense being able to erase a 17 point deficit so quickly that Richt felt the need to give up another score just to create adversity is really good news.

There’s only 3 defenses on our schedule who I consider better than our 2nd string defense, so I expect this kind of showing against a majority of our opponents.

It’s going to get real scary real quick for the CFB world if our offense can come out and perform at a high level against LSU’s defense, which may be the toughest of the 12 we will see in the regular season.

Wow ... how many questions did those reporters need to ask to understand how richt decided upon the situational score?

Advertisement
Wow ... how many questions did those reporters need to ask to understand how richt decided upon the situational score?
was thinking the same

Richt sounds like night and day when talking about the Oline compared to the spring. I hope it translates

Sounds like a good day, all in all. Both first team units sound like they’re clicking. The 2 unit o-line seems to be struggling, but they’re in there against probably the 2nd best defense in the ACC. And our second team defense is no slouch, so the offense being able to erase a 17 point deficit so quickly that Richt felt the need to give up another score just to create adversity is really good news.

There’s only 3 defenses on our schedule who I consider better than our 2nd string defense, so I expect this kind of showing against a majority of our opponents.

It’s going to get real scary real quick for the CFB world if our offense can come out and perform at a high level against LSU’s defense, which may be the toughest of the 12 we will see in the regular season.

Richt also indicated that Boulware and Scaife also got in with the 1s. I wonder if that means they did not do any work as part of the "LSU squad" with the 2s. If so, that really makes the 2nd team OL weaker.

Sounds like there's not a lot of confidence in the DTs outside of Willis, man we need him to stay healthy

Advertisement
Richt also indicated that Boulware and Scaife also got in with the 1s. I wonder if that means they did not do any work as part of the "LSU squad" with the 2s. If so, that really makes the 2nd team OL weaker.
It wasn't 1s vs 2s. It was Miami vs Scout Team (LSU). That means that both 1 and 2s were on the same team. The best of the rest was on the scout team. That is why it was so lopsided.

It wasn't 1s vs 2s. It was Miami vs Scout Team (LSU). That means that both 1 and 2s were on the same team. The best of the rest was on the scout team. That is why it was so lopsided.

That's not what Stefan and Ivins have reported. From Stefan below:

The format was the entire Miami first team offense and first team defense on the same team, who then played a simulated game against “LSU” - a team that was made up of the UM second and third stringers.

That's not what Stefan and Ivins have reported. From Stefan below:
Hmm the video starting at 4:47 Richt starts talking about how Miami was the starters and a few subs. So I'm guessing they are the main contributors, the starters and the first ones off the bench. He said partial second team and third team were LSU. But even Perry was on the Miami team as he states at 3:35 that during the scrimmage he swapped Perry out at one point with Weldon to give them both an opportunity to be with the Miami team.

My guess is the ones that are going to be playing large minutes were with Miami. For example I imagine Dallas was with the Miami squad even though he is a 2, but a person like Reed who is a 2 at guard was probably with LSU because he will play less in games if that makes sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back