247 ARTICLE ON STRENGTH COACH FEELEY

53889.gif
Can always count on you mdp

Advertisement
Said this the other day. We all love Shaq's character and professionalism, but as a LB'er he has trouble getting off block, tackling in space and getting up field on wide plays. McCloud has ideal size, just too slow and Pink good when he guesses right, but leaves holes when he doesn't.
I believe in mannys scheme, the LB chooses a hole presnap and it largely is a guess... so that’d more scheme than talent.

Advertisement
Exactly, but i do think mccloud might end out playing better at another linebacking spot, the thing with pickney, had we had a better S&C program, he's real motivated now cause this year #4 coming up now but had he been motivated earlier in the weight room and just working out period, he would've benefitted even more. First game out the gate, that man could've put his name on the map and been seen as one of the top linebackers in the nation, im almost certain he had more missed tackles than actual tackles, he was in position to dominate and blow plays up and was just out there jacking up. But this is our best lineback trio to play together this long in a long time, but im still ****ed that we didnt get a chance to see dzp52, gionni paul and eddie johnson grow up together, which is another reason why the penn disgrace clowns will forever be morons to me, bringing in recruuts and on signing day telling whoever's listening how great the young men are that just sign, than turnaround and kicking em off the team as True freshmen or sophmores, stupid. Which is also another indictment on these nerd recruiting sites who try and claim that 2011 class was a failure simply because it was supposedly ranked as t g e #33 class in the nation. The same class that had those 3 linebackers, as well as rashawn scott, dorsett, 3g/chickilo, thomas finnie, who were all balla's for sure on the college level but the nerd sites keep trying they hardest to stay relevant!
It’s kinda weird how all those players our coaches have Recruited and lost, are the very same players that the nerd sites give high rankings too.

Have u ever thought about contacting the team and offering your evaluation services? I mean, if u can let manny know which of those undervalued players to offer, we might be able to get somewhere.

If not I’m afraid they might keep going after all the kids the nerd sites say are really good.

WTF does that even mean he he has a comfort level to execute the plays and understand the coverages? Did you not watch the games? Clearly he doesn’t. He ended his career on a 7 game losing streak to power 5 schools and pretty much all were blowouts. His last game he had more interceptions than completions at halftime.

Yet we had another QB on the roster who was 4-2 all against conference and Power 5 schools. Join the cheerleading squad.
Once u get sucked into the Calvin hole, there no coming back. With your sanity, at least.

It’s kinda weird how all those players our coaches have Recruited and lost, are the very same players that the nerd sites give high rankings too.

Have u ever thought about contacting the team and offering your evaluation services? I mean, if u can let manny know which of those undervalued players to offer, we might be able to get somewhere.

If not I’m afraid they might keep going after all the kids the nerd sites say are really good.

LoL, if you want to keep trying to give these nerd recruiting sites credit or value have at it, but in the meantime just ask yourself what site did butch davis use, or jimmy or schnelly, dennis erickson needed something though cause he was weal on the recruiting front. But real coaches dont need sites and manny has already made that clear, only non football minds for some reason keep relying on these sites!

Advertisement
LoL, if you want to keep trying to give these nerd recruiting sites credit or value have at it, but in the meantime just ask yourself what site did butch davis use, or jimmy or schnelly, dennis erickson needed something though cause he was weal on the recruiting front. But real coaches dont need sites and manny has already made that clear, only non football minds for some reason keep relying on these sites!

But... why is that all these recruits our coaches are chasing are the exact same ones that the nerd sites rate highly?

Who ever said a coaching staff should rely on a site to evaluate a player? I mean.. the coaches and the nerd sites pretty much rate players the same, but those sites are for fans not coaches.

But... why is that all these recruits our coaches are chasing are the exact same ones that the nerd sites rate highly?

Who ever said a coaching staff should rely on a site to evaluate a player? I mean.. the coaches and the nerd sites pretty much rate players the same, but those sites are for fans not coaches.

If you dont by now no the answer to your first question than carry on and enjoy those sites!

Here is another clue and something for you to answer, why and how is it that these same sites add or take away are stars based on who a player commits or decommits to or from, if this doesnt help you out, than you'll just remain clueless until somebody else decides to try and help you out!

Here is another clue and something for you to answer, why and how is it that these same sites add or take away are stars based on who a player commits or decommits to or from, if this doesnt help you out, than you'll just remain clueless until somebody else decides to try and help you out!
So basically what you’re saying is that the nerd sites monitor interactions between schools and recruits to build their rankings. And that’s why who the coaches recruit also happens to be the same guys ranked highly?

So someone like me, who doesn’t follow HS football or recruiting, can glance at a list of recruits and get a feel for the strength of the class. So.... what about that causes you to become so emotional?

Advertisement
So basically what you’re saying is that the nerd sites monitor interactions between schools and recruits to build their rankings. And that’s why who the coaches recruit also happens to be the same guys ranked highly?

So someone like me, who doesn’t follow HS football or recruiting, can glance at a list of recruits and get a feel for the strength of the class. So.... what about that causes you to become so emotional?

Ok, there you go, and i dont get emotional, its just always been comical to me watching alot of people like yourself get emotionally hyped up or bent out of shape over class rankings or stars. You should challenge yourself to start rating players yourself based off of your own eyes, most of these sites see the same highlight tapes, so now in fact, here's a challenge, you should go down the list of recruits in the class this year, rate them yoursekf, than go back to last year's class and the year before that and rate those players based on their actual play at this level, than you'll start learning how much non-sense these class rankings and star rankings are. And how pathetic it is for people to think just because somebody was a "5 star" player coming out of highschool, he should be playing or starting, lol, as if the nerd recruiting sites are the ones authorized to name starters. Alot of these sites dont even do evals on all the players.

For instance, take garvin and rosseau, from tne 3 star brigade, i kept laughing at his 3 star ranking and said from jump he was going to ball out. The same with rosseau, while you had all these sites talking about rosseau was "a project" and will be a "contributor 2 or 3 years down the line" and put in the "needs to add on weight" category, as if 99% of all college freshmen dont need to add weight, alot of these sites just keep regurgitating talking points, i kept laughing at those clowns, the man was already around 215 coming out of high, 10 to 15 mores lbs and he would already be where garvin and joe jackson was so all this talk about 2 to 3 years, lol. I myself expected him to be around 235lbs, him getting up to 250lbs that quick was impressive, you normally dont see a 35lb jump like he had, i was expecting around 20lbs. But from an athletic standpoint, he's one of the most athletic players on the whole team, pound for pound. Anyway and harvey was in the 3 star brigade to as well, but the nerd recruuting sites didnt want to look stupid this year so like joe jackson they bumped him up to a 4 star late in the game!

Ok, there you go, and i dont get emotional, its just always been comical to me watching alot of people like yourself get emotionally hyped up or bent out of shape over class rankings or stars. You should challenge yourself to start rating players yourself based off of your own eyes, most of these sites see the same highlight tapes, so now in fact, here's a challenge, you should go down the list of recruits in the class this year, rate them yoursekf, than go back to last year's class and the year before that and rate those players based on their actual play at this level, than you'll start learning how much non-sense these class rankings and star rankings are. And how pathetic it is for people to think just because somebody was a "5 star" player coming out of highschool, he should be playing or starting, lol, as if the nerd recruiting sites are the ones authorized to name starters. Alot of these sites dont even do evals on all the players.

For instance, take garvin and rosseau, from tne 3 star brigade, i kept laughing at his 3 star ranking and said from jump he was going to ball out. The same with rosseau, while you had all these sites talking about rosseau was "a project" and will be a "contributor 2 or 3 years down the line" and put in the "needs to add on weight" category, as if 99% of all college freshmen dont need to add weight, alot of these sites just keep regurgitating talking points, i kept laughing at those clowns, the man was already around 215 coming out of high, 10 to 15 mores lbs and he would already be where garvin and joe jackson was so all this talk about 2 to 3 years, lol. I myself expected him to be around 235lbs, him getting up to 250lbs that quick was impressive, you normally dont see a 35lb jump like he had, i was expecting around 20lbs. But from an athletic standpoint, he's one of the most athletic players on the whole team, pound for pound. Anyway and harvey was in the 3 star brigade to as well, but the nerd recruuting sites didnt want to look stupid this year so like joe jackson they bumped him up to a 4 star late in the game!
Dude, youre telling me I should watch film of all the high school players, and rank them based on my own criteria? That’s insane.

You’ve already said the that the coaches primary targets are almost always the very same players the sites ranke highly. So how is it not wrong to not be happy when the coaching staff isn’t able to sign their primary targets?

Advertisement
Dude, youre telling me I should watch film of all the high school players, and rank them based on my own criteria? That’s insane.

You’ve already said the that the coaches primary targets are almost always the very same players the sites ranke highly. So how is it not wrong to not be happy when the coaching staff isn’t able to sign their primary targets?

I didnt say what you said in that last paragraph, not sure where you got that from. However i did say you should rank this year's class yourself before the season starts, and rank last year's class and the 2017's class based on actual performances on the field and than go from their!

Advertisement
Back