2024 MLB Draft

Advertisement
Prospects Live College Top 100 (Preseason)
75 Ziehl
94 Carrier

Prospects Live HS Top 100 (Preseason)
29 Shields
34 Collera

Advertisement
Johnny King will probably go in the top 3 rounds. I would guess 2nd round but he could sneak in late first round. He will be a rare 17 year old prospect when the draft comes up. I don’t see him stepping foot on campus.

Baseball America ranked the Top 200 draft prospects and we have 6 listed there
74. David Shields LHP
93. Lazaro Collera RHP
157. Michael Torres OF
164. Johnny King LHP
167. Fabio Peralta OF
189. Ethan Puig 3B

Advertisement
Baseball America ranked the Top 200 draft prospects and we have 6 listed there
74. David Shields LHP
93. Lazaro Collera RHP
157. Michael Torres OF
164. Johnny King LHP
167. Fabio Peralta OF
189. Ethan Puig 3B
Let's hope a few go the Cuvet route.

For context, McMahon and Cecconi were both ranked around the 70s going into their draft out of high school, while we lost Brennan Davis in the 150-160 range.

It’s the kids in the top 40-50 you have little to no chance of getting. We should start to get updates in the next month or so. Anecdotally, you’re more likely to get a similarly ranked kid that’s moving down to come to campus, which is why I like to look at these earlier rankings to get a sense of movement later.

Right now, take it as 6 recruits in the could lose range (with Shields and Collera at notably higher risk), and none in the good as gone range. We’ll see how things evolve over the next few months.

For context, McMahon and Cecconi were both ranked around the 70s going into their draft out of high school, while we lost Brennan Davis in the 150-160 range.

It’s the kids in the top 40-50 you have little to no chance of getting. We should start to get updates in the next month or so. Anecdotally, you’re more likely to get a similarly ranked kid that’s moving down to come to campus, which is why I like to look at these earlier rankings to get a sense of movement later.

Right now, take it as 6 recruits in the could lose range (with Shields and Collera at notably higher risk), and none in the good as gone range. We’ll see how things evolve over the next few months.
Thanks for the insight regarding these players. Definitely need an infusion of talent.We could have 18-20 new players on next year's roster.

Advertisement

As a frame of reference, do you happen to know where Cuvet was in these rankings at this time last year?

As a frame of reference, do you happen to know where Cuvet was in these rankings at this time last year?
I was a little late to the party last year, so I don’t, but he was outside the Top 200 in the May update from MLB.com

Edit: Found it in the baseball recruiting thread. BA had him at 125, while Walton, who didn’t make it, was at 185.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back