Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

Advertisement
From the Clemson 247 board- one of their Mods: (June 3 is Joseph's OV date)

There are lot of folks in Joseph's ear in Florida...and a lot of recruits in his ear telling him to cash out with NIL. Holding on to him will not be easy and probably not likely IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

I told you guys when NIL was first announced that it would be the downfall of Clemson recruiting and probably the program as a whole. We can't compete in the NIL world when recruits are being offered 7 figures plus. None of this should be a surprising in the least as you were warned 2 years ago. The only hope is that the NCAA makes good on it's decision to go after schools and boosters who have violated NIL rules. Ohio State, UGA, USC, A&M, Miami, amongst others have turned it into pay-for-play and used NIL to draw kids to their school which goes against the original intent and are all clearly violations of NIL. We'll see what happens.

June 3rd can't get here quick enough.

There are lot of folks in Joseph's ear in Florida...and a lot of recruits in his ear telling him to cash out with NIL. Holding on to him will not be easy and probably not likely IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

I told you guys when NIL was first announced that it would be the downfall of Clemson recruiting and probably the program as a whole. We can't compete in the NIL world when recruits are being offered 7 figures plus. None of this should be a surprising in the least as you were warned 2 years ago. The only hope is that the NCAA makes good on it's decision to go after schools and boosters who have violated NIL rules. Ohio State, UGA, USC, A&M, Miami, amongst others have turned it into pay-for-play and used NIL to draw kids to their school which goes against the original intent and are all clearly violations of NIL. We'll see what happens.

Lebron James Reaction GIF

Nothing but Clemson tears. Love to see it.

TrumpyCane would love to hear what rules Miami has broken now

Advertisement

Oh yes. Squeaky clean Clemson. We all know how they’ve done everything by the book right. lol

Oh yes. Squeaky clean Clemson. We all know how they’ve done everything by the book right. lol

Lol exactly cause Travis Etienne playing RB just randomly decided to hold off on being a first round pick another year just to come back to Clemson for his senior year for that degree for free. These fans of other schools kill me acting like they do no wrong atleast the Bama, Georgia & A&M fans admit the truth on what they do.

We haven't even really started getting major commitments yet and all the old guard of CFB are crying foul like lil *******. Imagine when we get 5 + major recruits to pop. Gonna be glorious to watch all the freak outs.
Definitely. I can’t wait.

Advertisement

Incredibly annoying that the narrative with Miami is purely NIL.

These idiots can't possibly fathom that 1) Mario is an ace recruiter, and we don't have a clown coaching staff anymore 2) we're making significant investments in our football infrastructure, and 3) recruits don't have to sacrifice 1 & 2 to play close to home anymore.

Every recruiting battle they lose now is "NIL is ruining college football. Cancel it all!"

F*ck em all. Go Canes!

These idiots can't possibly fathom that 1) Mario is an ace recruiter, and we don't have a clown coaching staff anymore 2) we're making significant investments in our football infrastructure, and 3) recruits don't have to sacrifice 1 & 2 to play close to home anymore.

Every recruiting battle they lose now is "NIL is ruining college football. Cancel it all!"

F*ck em all. Go Canes!
Even though half the schools complaining were some of the biggest cheaters of the past decade. It’s pathetic.

We haven't even really started getting major commitments yet and all the old guard of CFB are crying foul like lil *******. Imagine when we get 5 + major recruits to pop. Gonna be glorious to watch all the freak outs.
This is what has been eye opening to me. Sure we’ve gotten a couple big fish transfers: Pack In hoops and Messidor on gridiron..... but we haven’t done anything on high school circuit yet and they’re still *****ing up a storm. It’s a really good sign for things to come IMO

Lol exactly cause Travis Etienne playing RB just randomly decided to hold off on being a first round pick another year just to come back to Clemson for his senior year for that degree for free. These fans of other schools kill me acting like they do no wrong atleast the Bama, Georgia & A&M fans admit the truth on what they do.
This is the delusion people like to have about how their university is special and different. Maybe so, but the kids trying to get paid to play football are the same everywhere. And of all positions, a RB’s career can end on 1 play. No chance he stays without being well taken care of.

Advertisement

F*ck em all. Go Canes!
I guess it was a NIL deal that got Rad to leave Clemson to come here

I love how he didn't remotely mention Bama in his list of "violators." Also, I've been wondering, you think the NCAA wants to stay away from Mario because he knows exactly where all the Bama bodies are buried? "If you attack me, I'll burn it all to the ground." He knows all the dirt. No way a guy that high up and involved in Bama recruiting doesn't have an idea what is going on.

I love how he didn't remotely mention Bama in his list of "violators." Also, I've been wondering, you think the NCAA wants to stay away from Mario because he knows exactly where all the Bama bodies are buried? "If you attack me, I'll burn it all to the ground." He knows all the dirt. No way a guy that high up and involved in Bama recruiting doesn't have an idea what is going on.
"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". Saban routinely has coaches in and out of his program per promotions etc, he's got to be smarter than that.

If you've ever noticed, SEC schools rarely if ever rat out other SEC schools...Hugh Freeze was the exception and still don't know why...even though he had Bama's number, Ole Miss would've never become a true power over Bama and LSU

Advertisement
Exactly lol. We got a few solid transfers but no real star power there or huge NIL deals. Glad Clemson is nervous and sweating though! They know what's coming with Mario.

There’s a reason why most coaches don’t tell on each other...

Last edited:
There’s a reason why most coaches don’t tell on each other...
Just like some of the biggest cheaters learned under Sabag. Dumbo and Kirby being the 2 worst. The worst part is Sabag stepped the bag game up under the leadership of Emmert, who ironically is supposed to enforce the rules. The NCAA is a **** joke. People say NIL is ruining CFB, but that was done by Sabag and Emmert.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". Saban routinely has coaches in and out of his program per promotions etc, he's got to be smarter than that.

If you've ever noticed, SEC schools rarely if ever rat out other SEC schools...Hugh Freeze was the exception and still don't know why...even though he had Bama's number, Ole Miss would've never become a true power over Bama and LSU
I was listening to a football podcast, and the hosts said that the SEC schools reached a gentlemen’s agreement several years ago to stop telling on each other. They have been dominating recruiting ever since.

Advertisement
Back