2023 Miami WR Commit Lamar Seymore has big plans for the future

View as article

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
Today we are talking with 2023 Miami Central (FL) WR Lamar Seymore. Listed at 6’0” 170 pounds, Seymore recently committed to the Miami Hurricanes this April, following the footsteps of his older brother and current teammate at Miami Central in 2021 OL Laurence Seymore. As a freshman playing on varsity at a football powerhouse like Miami Central that won another state title in 2019, Seymore posted 17 catches for 215 yards and a TD in his first season of high school ball.

Q: What led you to commit to Miami so early? Did the hometown factor or your brother being committed there come into play at all?

A: “Because I have been visiting with my brother even when I didn’t have the offer from Miami yet and they still showed love to me. Ever since then, I loved Miami and it was close to home.”

Q: What are the coaches telling you their plans for you are when you get to Miami?

A: “They are telling me if I get bigger and taller, I can play outside receiver when I get there.”

Q: The day you arrive at the University of Miami - I know it’s a long time away - but what are some goals you may have in college down the road?

A: “To graduate, break records at Miami, win a national championship game, and to make it to the NFL.”

Q: Who has been your primary recruiter at Miami so far, and have you built a connection with them enough to make you feel comfortable with your college decision?

A: “Mainly coach Stephen Field and head coach Manny Diaz, and I have a great bond with them.”

Q: Are you excited that Miami is adopting a spread offense now? How could you see yourself fitting into that offense in the future?

A: “I’m excited because at Miami Central, we run a spread offense too, so I’d fit in great.”

Q: With the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19, how hard has it been to prepare and train for this season?

A: “Not that hard for me, I work out twice every day.”

Q: What are your goals for this upcoming season as a sophomore in high school?

A: “I just want to do better than what I did last year and to have at least 40 catches for 1,000 yards.”

Q: What is your current time in the forty-yard dash? Are you planning on running track this upcoming year?

A: “I last ran a 4.9 and I most likely I am going to run track.”

Q: Describe your craft as a wide receiver. What type of wide receiver do you feel you are?

A: “I’m an aggressive receiver, I can block and get open on any route I have.”

Q: What are some things you feel like you can work on to keep on getting better in the off-season?

A: “My speed and getting out of my breaks faster.”

Q: Would you prefer catching a deep ball touchdown or what the kids call “Moss’ing” someone in the endzone?

A: “A deep ball touchdown.”

Q: Who would you say has been the toughest defensive back to go up against, whether in a camp setting or in a game?

A: “Really no one in a game, but in practice it was Henry Gray (former freshman cornerback at Nebraska, currently in transfer portal). I got him a couple times, but we compete with each other all the time.”

Q: Is there any type of message you would have for the Hurricane fans before we wrap this up?

A: “Y’all getting a beast so stay tuned!”

Advertisement
Advertisement
So was James

I hate to be the negative guy , but so was James Williams , donell Harris , jermaine burton, Josh jobe , Chris Henderson , teddy bridgewater etc you know these kids change their minds like they change clothes, definitely don’t want to be excited about him until 2023

None of these kids are Seymore though. If you don't want to follow recruiting then why open the thread? Should I go on listing all the people that committed during their SR year and then decommitted before signing day?

So was James

I hate to be the negative guy , but so was James Williams , donell Harris , jermaine burton, Josh jobe , Chris Henderson , teddy bridgewater etc you know these kids change their minds like they change clothes, definitely don’t want to be excited about him until 2023

Did any of them have their brother on the team?

Advertisement
I ask this question a lot. Talking about recruits who are committed to Miami on a Miami message board dedicated to recruiting has to be on the of the stupidest things ever
We will revisit this in 2023

Advertisement
Back