2022 TE Kurisky interested in learning more about UM after offer

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
While the Miami Hurricanes may be done at tight end for the 2021 class, yesterday Miami TE coach Stephen Field turned his attention towards the 2022 cycle in offering Gonzaga (DC) 3-star TE Nate Kurisky.

“I got a call from coach Field telling me they wanted to offer me a scholarship and it was a huge moment for me because the U has always been a big school,” Kurisky said. “[Field] was just talking about how historically it’s been a great a school for tight ends and it’s in a really great location and it’s a really good school academically.”

The 6-3 225 pound prospect is well-aware of Miami’s tradition at his position, and admits it’s something that has him interested in the program.

“I do think about how they’re known as Tight End U,” Kurisky said. “As a tight end, you always think about going to colleges that produce tight ends to go to the NFL. I’ve just always known [Miami] as being a good team.”

Kurisky says he wants to learn more about the Miami program and would like to take a visit to Coral Gables once the campus opens back up.

“I’ve been to South Florida before, but I’ve never been to the campus before,” Kurisky said. “I would love to visit there, South Florida is beautiful, it’s really nice.”

Elsewhere in this recruitment, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Wake Forest, and Maryland are some schools that Kurisky has offers from that he says he hears from regularly, but the Gonzaga star says he’s in no rush to decide quickly.

“I’m early in the process, so probably next year after my junior year is when I’m going to make all my big decisions, like cutting my list to schools I’m really interested in and where I want to take visits to,” Kurisky said. “Right now, it’s early and I’m open to all schools.”

What is Kurisky going to be looking for in a school?

“I think some factors for me are if I feel at home at the school and if I have a good relationship with the coaching staff,” he said.

As a sophomore in 2019, Kurisky played his first season as a full-time starter in helping the Eagles to an 8-3 season that included wins over American Heritage Plantation (FL) and Tampa Plant (FL).

“I think as a sophomore I performed really well,” Kurisky said. “I got first team All-Conference which is not an easy thing to do, so I felt good with it being my first year as a true starter. I’m just excited to build on it next year.”

“I think I’m a pretty versatile tight end. I can stay in and block, I can split out and be a wide receiver, I can stay in-line alone. I think I’m pretty versatile and it’s hard for defenses to keep up.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back