2022 QB Zo'Marion Harper

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore

6-1 213 from Glades Central

Really an interesting QB prospect

His ability to drop the ball into the WR's hands is pretty impressive

Can go deep, so he doesn't lack arm strength

He is also able to extend plays, can move the pocket

As a Titans fan, I am not saying he is Air McNair, but his ability to put the ball, with touch, on receivers reminds me of him

Advertisement
Zo (Ziggy) is a kid I mentioned back in November
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/qbs-at-the-top-for-2022.165710/post-4983136

He lit up PBC in the playoffs for 431yds & 4TD’s,
he finished the season with 767yds 8TD’s & 2INT’s passing (they only played 6 games last year due to C19)

He’s got a natural smooth throwing motion, quick release with a big arm, he can sling it downfield without much effort, he throws with good anticipation & touch, the throw @:55 on his Junior tape was really nice. Accurate ball placement & delivers the ball with good velocity. He plays in a college ready offense & Coach Jackson has actually put together a good staff at GC that develops real offensive play calls & isn’t just playing backyard football.

Idk if he’ll get any P5 offers this year, but he reminds me of the numerous South FL QB’s who get overlooked in the recruiting process but goes to a G5 & lights it up. He has some Quinn Gray to his game, he has the physical build of a kid that will transition well into a college program, he’s not a skinny beanpole, stockily built & can add good muscle once in a S&C.

If we’re taking 2 QB’s this class (which idk if we will, probably not) I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on a kid like this as the 2nd QB in your class, you Redshirt’em, develop him & stash’em for a couple years then see what he’s got.

Either way, I think he has good potential to be a pretty solid starter in college.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/qbs-at-the-top-for-2022.165710/post-4983136

he finished the season with 767yds 8TD’s & 2INT’s passing (they only played 6 games last year due to C19)

He’s got a natural smooth throwing motion, quick release with a big arm, he can sling it downfield without much effort, he throws with good anticipation & touch, the throw @:55 on his Junior tape was really nice. Accurate ball placement & delivers the ball with good velocity. He plays in a college ready offense & Coach Jackson has actually put together a good staff at GC that develops real offensive play calls & isn’t just playing backyard football.

Idk if he’ll get any P5 offers this year, but he reminds me of the numerous South FL QB’s who get overlooked in the recruiting process but goes to a G5 & lights it up. He has some Quinn Gray to his game, he has the physical build of a kid that will transition well into a college program, he’s not a skinny beanpole, stockily built & can add good muscle once in a S&C.

If we’re taking 2 QB’s this class (which idk if we will, probably not) I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on a kid like this as the 2nd QB in your class, you Redshirt’em, develop him & stash’em for a couple years then see what he’s got.

Either way, I think he has good potential to be a pretty solid starter in college.
all of this!

How many of the qb's from South Florida are starting for a P5 team and or the NFL?

Just a question, unless I'm wrong it's very few.

Advertisement

I remember when Quinn Gray wore a dark visor during a Monday night game and had to take it off mid game because he couldn't see.

I remember when Quinn Gray wore a dark visor during a Monday night game and had to take it off mid game because he couldn't see.
I wasn’t talking about his NFL career, I was referencing how he was coming out of HS at Dillard & his college career at FAMU where he was pretty **** good lol.

He won 2 straight MEAC titles at FAMU & was (and I believe still is) the all-time leader in passing yards, TD’s & completions in FAMU school history.

And IIRC Quinn Grat played on the tail end of the those high powered original Gulf Coast Offense FAMU squads of the late 90’s created by the Legend Coach Billy Joe, that had one of the most Legendary WR’s corps with arguably the greatest WR in Dade county history in Edison’s own Jacquay Nunnally, Demetris Bendross from Gables, Cainon Lamb from Norland, Tariq Qayim & Cedric Mitchell. Gray came in after Pat Bonner (from Boyd Anderson) & I think Jajuan Seider too, I’m not sure when he played there, but I know he did after transferred from West VA.

My bro @RattlerCane305 probably know better than me, but I definitely remember watching Jacquay when I was a jit & he was one of the most DANGEROUS WR’s I’ve ever seen.

I wasn’t talking about his NFL career, I was referencing how he was coming out of HS at Dillard & his college career at FAMU where he was pretty **** good lol.

He won 2 straight MEAC titles at FAMU & was (and I believe still is) the all-time leader in passing yards, TD’s & completions in FAMU school history.

And IIRC Quinn Grat played on the tail end of the those high powered original Gulf Coast Offense FAMU squads of the late 90’s created by the Legend Coach Billy Joe, that had one of the most Legendary WR’s corps with arguably the greatest WR in Dade county history in Edison’s own Jacquay Nunnally, Demetris Bendross from Gables, Cainon Lamb from Norland, Tariq Qayim & Cedric Mitchell. Gray came in after Pat Bonner (from Boyd Anderson) & I think Jajuan Seider too, I’m not sure when he played there, but I know he did after transferred from West VA.

My bro @RattlerCane305 probably know better than me, but I definitely remember watching Jacquay when I was a jit & he was one of the most DANGEROUS WR’s I’ve ever seen.
FAMU Spring 2001 graduate. Billy Joe had our offense humming back in the day. We were on the path to jumping to Div I-A football before big fraud scandal hit.

Advertisement
FAMU Spring 2001 graduate. Billy Joe had our offense humming back in the day. We were on the path to jumping to Div I-A football before big fraud scandal hit.
**** I came in a couple semesters after you finished, Fall '01. But yeah, we were a legit player on the 1-AA scene in the Billy Joe Era. To add on to what my brother El said(not that I need to), Quinn was an All-time Great on The Hill. Prototype build, 6'4" 240 but had enough wheels and a pretty big arm. Took over for the record-setting Oteman Sampson(Miami Edison). He put up some gaudy numbers and took us to the playoffs during his tenure. Basically, dude ain't collecting an NFL pension for no reason...

**** I came in a couple semesters after you finished, Fall '01. But yeah, we were a legit player on the 1-AA scene in the Billy Joe Era. To add on to what my brother El said(not that I need to), Quinn was an All-time Great on The Hill. Prototype build, 6'4" 240 but had enough wheels and a pretty big arm. Took over for the record-setting Oteman Sampson(Miami Edison). He put up some gaudy numbers and took us to the playoffs during his tenure. Basically, dude ain't collecting an NFL pension for no reason...

**** you were there when my homie/college teammate was a back up qb. He was here in 02-03

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back