2022 QB Garret Rangel

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Garret-Rangel-46093858/

6'2 170lbs (future 4/5-star QB) out of Frisco TX, goes to 5A school Lone Star (same school as 2020 4-star WR Marvin Mims)

Had a spectacular Sophomore season leading the entire state of Texas in passing yards with 4,855yds 50TD's & 10INT's at 69%cmp. He lead his time to an undefeated season but they lost their State championship game vs Ryan. He was 1st team All-state for 5A.

Finished 4th in the nation in passing yards & was 1st in the state of TX, ahead of every QB in the 21 class.

Kid was completely off the radar coming in as a Sophomore at Lone Star, he hadn't played at all & had to compete with the Senior QB Chandler Galban in Spring ball, luckily for him Galban got hurt, Rangel was named the starter & in his first game ever as a HS QB went 20/29 403yds 5TD's & 0INT's, the rest was history.

He's got terrific arm talent, delivers the ball with velocity from multiple platforms & has great accuracy. His improvisational skills are next level for such a young QB, very good footwork in the pocket & has very good mobility being able to both buy time to make throws down the field or take off for a nice gain, kid is a playmaker.

He's another naturally gifted passer that will be highly ranked in the 2022 class down in Texas, we've already offered Braedyn Locke & Quinn Ewers who were 2nd & 3rd in passing yards in TX & are both high level QB's. Among the 3 Ewers is the best & most polished IMO, but Rangel has sky high potential as well.

Rangel only has an offer from Nevada as of yet, but he undoubtedly will blow up with offers by his Junior & Senior year, I think we'd buy ourselves some prime real estate in his recruitment if we beat all the in state schools to the punch & were the first ones to offer him. There's literally no downside to it, we offer before all the TX's schools, then if/when he becomes a high ranked 4/5-star we have that bargaining chip on the table that we offered before anyone else, combine that with Lashlee's new offense plus (hopeful) recent success of this season & we might mess around and take pole position in landing us a high rated QB in 22.

Advertisement
Ewers and Rangel were both Southlake Carroll kids in Middle school. Rangel followed the old SLC offensive coordinator to Lone Star as the writing was on the wall that no one was going to beat out Quinn at SLC. Great kid and from what I hear very talented too.
Yeah, they're both the two best young QB's in TX, I haven't seen more polished passer at such a young age as I have with them two.

There's so much talent at QB in that region, I figured you'd be familiar with Rangel too. As far as upside do you think Ewers & Rangel could both end up as top 5-10 QB's in their class?

Appreciate the insight.

Yeah, they're both the two best young QB's in TX, I haven't seen more polished passer at such a young age as I have with them two.

There's so much talent at QB in that region, I figured you'd be familiar with Rangel too. As far as upside do you think Ewers & Rangel could both end up as top 5-10 QB's in their class?

Appreciate the insight.

Ewers is arguably the best passing prospect I have ever seen. I haven’t seen Rangel live.

Advertisement
High praise

ESPN just named him the #1 HS prospect regardless of class.

I don't know if he will meet or exceed that lofty expectation because there are so many variables, but I can tell you he is as well prepared and has better tools than any passing QB I've ever seen. I don't have direct inside info but I've heard OU and USC tossed around with him. His HS coach and Lashlee do have a good relationship and are personally friendly.

ESPN just named him the #1 HS prospect regardless of class.

I don't know if he will meet or exceed that lofty expectation because there are so many variables, but I can tell you he is as well prepared and has better tools than any passing QB I've ever seen. I don't have direct inside info but I've heard OU and USC tossed around with him. His HS coach and Lashlee do have a good relationship and are personally friendly.

would be monumental if they land him and Caleb Williams in addition to what they've done at qb in the 10s. New QBU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back