2022 QB Adryan Lara

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Adryan-Lara-46082548/

6'1/2 195lbs 3-star QB out of Goodyear AZ, goes to 4A school Desert Edge (same school as 2021 DB Steven Ortiz)

Had a great Sophomore season throwing for 4,016yds 41TD's 14INT's at 64.3%cmp.

Has an absolute cannon for an arm, has very good improvisational skills in evading rushers, escaping the pocket & making impressive wow throws on the run under duress. The throw @1:04 & the throw @1:28 on his tape were spectacular. He generates lots of velocity & torque on the ball from his upper body, he's a kid that can hit a target in stride off his back foot, flat footed or going across his body.

He's very reminiscent of another AZ QB prospect we just offered in Kai Millner, he doesn't have the same lightning quick release as Millner, but similar physical stature & same improve style QB with gifted arm talent. He can throw from multiple platforms & fits the mold of the next generation of QB's that we will continue to see with the rise of Mahomes, Gunslingers who can spray it all over the field off script that also have active/light feet in the pocket.

The main thing he has to improve on is ball security, along with having 14INT's he also had 6 lost fumbles. The INT's don't bother me much because he plays in a high octane/high volume throwing offense & that can happen with lots of attempts, but just from the tape alone doesn't appear to have a very good OL being that he's under pressure quite a bit which could explain some of the fumbles. Otherwise, I really like his upside & hope we offer.

Holds offers from Arizona, Wash St, Oregon St & Iowa St thus far.

Advertisement
You wasn’t lying bout these AZ QBs bruda
Every class bro, TX & AZ have a bunch of gunslingers with great arm talent.

They run college level offenses in HS so they're usually ahead of the curve, can step on campus & play as TF's.

CA & Hawaii have really good QB's too, but they're less likely to come here IMO.

https://247sports.com/Player/Adryan-Lara-46082548/

6'1/2 195lbs 3-star QB out of Goodyear AZ, goes to 4A school Desert Edge (same school as 2021 DB Steven Ortiz)

Has an absolute cannon for an arm, has very good improvisational skills in evading rushers, escaping the pocket & making impressive wow throws on the run under duress. The throw @1:04 & the throw @1:28 on his tape were spectacular. He generates lots of velocity & torque on the ball from his upper body, he's a kid that can hit a target in stride off his back foot, flat footed or going across his body.

He's very reminiscent of another AZ QB prospect we just offered in Kai Millner, he doesn't have the same lightning quick release as Millner, but similar physical stature & same improve style QB with gifted arm talent. He can throw from multiple platforms & fits the mold of the next generation of QB's that we will continue to see with the rise of Mahomes, Gunslingers who can spray it all over the field off script that also have active/light feet in the pocket.

The main thing he has to improve on is ball security, along with having 14INT's he also had 6 lost fumbles. The INT's don't bother me much because he plays in a high octane/high volume throwing offense & that can happen with lots of attempts, but just from the tape alone doesn't appear to have a very good OL being that he's under pressure quite a bit which could explain some of the fumbles. Otherwise, I really like his upside & hope we offer.

I have a buddy in AZ, who has been talking about Lara for the last couple years. His son trains with the same QB coach, as Lara, Mike Giovando, who trained Spencer Rattler as well. Most of the better QBs in AZ train with him or Dennis Giles.

My only issue with the Az QBs is the quality of competition out there.....it’s pretty bad compared to other parts of the country....but Lara is an interesting prospect, if he progresses as he should, he’ll blow up as a prospect next season....

Advertisement

Yes please! Lashlee should be all over this kid.

sylvester stallone adrian GIF by Rocky

Advertisement
Back