2022 DE Richard Thomas Jr receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/player/richard-thomas-46081852/

6'2 240lbs SDE out of North Lauderdale goes to AH (plays opposite of 21 DE Dallas Turner)

Kid has started since his Freshman year & been an impactful pass rusher, had 33tcks, 8TFL's & 6 sacks his Freshman year & just finished his Sophomore season with 77tcks 14TFL's & 7 sacks.

He's a versatile DL playing all along the line at 3-tech, SDE, WDE & OLB. He's a strong stout rusher with explosiveness off the snap, isn't really a pure speedster DE like we're used to seeing but is a very smart pass rusher for such a young kid his age.

He's another in the stacked 2022 DE class with prospects like Kenyatta Jackson, Shemar Stewart & Francois Nolton Jr. I ultimately think this kid will play DT at the next level, but as a DE has some Trent Harris in his game, he can play multiple spots.

Holds offer from FSU, Oregon, Minnesota, South Carolina, Vandy, Cuse & Maryland

Advertisement
If BC, Kentucky, Louisville, Pitt had joined Maryland, Minnesota, Vandy, and Syracuse then he’d already have the whole squad of schools who offer every South Florida kid by 14 years old.

Could grow into a DT if he's already 240 with 2.5 years of HS left.

Lots of DL in our backyard in the coming classes - especially DEs.

Keep 'em coming.

Advertisement
I was going to post this, but I figured some porsters would say "who the **** cares about 2022?"
2020 cycle is about to end so this is when staff needs to turn their attention to 2022. Should always recruit kids 2 years in advance when possible.

That is the good thing about getting ur class essentially done at this point it gives u a chance to set ur sites for future classes. I would expect a bunch of offers to go out in january for 2021 and 2022 class since we will be done for 2020

Advertisement
Indiana is a school that’s trying to be a B-rated football school in The B1G. Interested to see if last yr was a fluke or are they really trying to make some headway.
Iowa St and Indiana are starting to get in the mix for few dogs. They have been killing it with 2* and 3* kids. They start putting some good classes together and they are gonna reek havoc in their respective conferences.

Advertisement
Back